Long story short:
- Bro and I crossed the border in Tijuana on 6:30 am Wednesday morning. Goal was about 750 miles down the road at Loreto. We made it to Santa Rosalia, a Mexican New Orleans. Check it out.
- Stayed in Hotel Frances, the former French administration building for the copper mining and smelting operation, left 5 am.
- Got to Zac at about 3pm.
- I’ve driven cross country a couple of times, including in 3 days once by myself. This drive, with Dave and I trading off, at 1/3 the distance, was the most nerve wracking, exhausting drive ever in terms of the speed and intensity with which we did it (90% very narrow, 1950s style 2-lane with hundreds of semi trucks going very fast). This is an intense mind drive. You have to be 100% on your game 100% of the time. You get to see the hundreds of roadside memorials along the way for those who didn’t.
- Three miles from new home, my X5 Baja Buggy that I just spent 4K on for custom lift (no kits), wheels, adapters, steel wheels, kitchen sinks, etc., blew the right frot strut on a pothole.
- Everything being sorted, I get Internet at the home on Tuesday, maybe even a cell-phone repeater…right now scrounging from Zac’s in exchange for a drink and dinner.
- I’ve managed two ocean swims in the last 24 hours. That will be a habit.
I fucking feel more alive than I have in years. I quite enjoy having some problems to solve. Reminded me of having my ‘Vette break down 40 miles from home in Toulon, France, after I drove it from where it came in to port in Rotterdam. Got it sorted.
…Running low on water…another problem to sort. Next week, a Mexican guy is going to truck out 10,000 liters over 12 miles of dirt road for $65, to fill my two 5,000 liter, cross-connected tanks.
I love this world! Lots lots more later, including the story of no gas stations in 340 KM, and we missed the memo.
In the meantime, find a way to fucking love your life. Really, really love it!