“To Serve And Protect” Update: Firemen, Forrest Rangers, Paramedics. The Police Do Disservice, and Brutality.

I won’t yet talk details, because of info and sensitivities I’m not at liberty to publish, but what I can tell you is that I’ve had lots of interactions with firefighters lately; and I use that term rather than “firemen,” or “fireperson,” because mostly important: it’s perfectly descriptive and doesn’t come with gender baggage to bunch the panties of silly people who’re as ubiquitous, now, as were Dead People in The Sixth Sense.

So there was a big fire. In the aftermath, I’ve had the joy of interacting with a few firefighter groups who came back to the scene of the destruction for self-schooling, lessons, learned, etc. It was a large conflagration, exacerbated by a problem of water supply. Anyways, not to divulge further details before I’m in rights to do so, the point is that these folks are consummate To Serve and Protect professionals, and nobody has any qualms about that.

I was even able to go into my Richard, baiting-for-conversation mode with them:

“Well, all I saw was fit and lean men doing their jobs.”

…”Only fit and lean men?” asked the 6′ 2″ lean and Amazonian-fit black woman as she rested her bent elbow on the shoulder of a 5′ 10′ guy, about my composition—and the other guys were similar.

“I’ll bet you can kick all their asses in the PT,” I asserted, with a grin.

All the guys laughed, looked my way, and nodded.

Thing is, all “serve and protect” functions are not equal. You don’t get to fake fighting a fire, or the knowledge and physical abilities necessary to do so (anyone recall the BrewHa over fat women insisting to be firefighters?). You fight it competently or it consumes more life and property than it should otherwise. Same for the forrest. Purveyors of Usual Platitudes go home. Competent people have real serve and protect jobs to do, there. …Take it to the quotidien Campus, where you’ll find an endless supply of the proto-Fucktarded: mush; euphemistically called brains, or if being generous, in formation.

People often conflate my anarchism with a crazy notion that everything a state does ought be defiled. No sirs and ma’ams. Only the stuff that comes with force-backed authority, that’s not in any rational context (a firefighter preventing someone—by force—entering a burning building is a humane use of initiatory force…while not being immoral to let them anyway…which is a good litmus test) gets my scorn. People have demonstrated over eons that they’ll gladly embrace a division of labor where they get to trade the values they produce for the values someone else produces…or use a medium of exchange we commonly call money.

But, we live in a world where everyone wants to live at the expense of everyone else, everyone wants guarantees, everyone wants a “retirement” (the stupidest concept of all time: take a 9mm to your head; write a note: “I’m retired”), everyone wants their panties and tighty-whities fitting perfectly, and everyone agitates politically and votes to have other people impose—by force of guns, jails, fines, seizures, detainment, and regulations farther up the ass than you can get a colonoscope—their tender feelings and opinions and preferences on everyone else and their claim to “moral” authority is that they’re “taxpayers,” which in reality is euphemism for “they steal from me, so steal from others and get me goodies I like in partial repayment.”

What a lame world of automatic, reactionary people I live in. I’d prefer thinking people who are just wrong but because they think, might be open to persuasion. Nobody is open to persuasion, anymore, and it’s a sign of hyper-politicization of virtually everything, now, and on international and geopolitical scales.

Here’s what set off this post, something I saw on Facebook this morning and of course, had been Liked and Shared by all the Usual Fucktards you usually always see every single day…scrolling through life, looking only for what adjusts panties properly.

11902279 983604188329232 7967850427309280757 n

Here’s what I wrote off the cuff on Facebook.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away, update.

The other update is that getting killed meddling in people’s voluntary affairs with guns and threats of detainment and incarceration ought to get you killed. Most police deaths are actually a good thing because few are killed actually serving and protecting–like firemen get killed over and are truly deserving of respect–but because they stick their guns, clubs, jails, and citations in other people’s peaceful affairs.

Smart people disregard uniforms, badges, facy painted cars, GI Joe Fashions, marble columns, flowing robes, and edifice of all manner and instead look to the human-on-human morality of the act. That’s what smart people do.

Fucktards do their same pawn & cog routine, always, because they have never developed an ability to think and judge for themselves.

My brother, Stacy, pointed out that not only are the figures off by wide margin, but are half of what they were in 1974.

There were 126 Police officer deaths in 2014, that’s one about every 70 hours, not 53, pretty simple math… 8,760 hrs in a year / 126. By the way that number is less than half of what is was in 1974. 45% of the 126 are gun related the rest are traffic accidents or other causes. The point being that is not nearly as dangerous of a profession as the media and politicians (and of course the PD) would like every to believe.

Yea, it’s long been pointed out to Unsual Fucktards, to no avail, that more than half of police officer deaths are routine shit we all get caught up in…but it’s always tagged as “In The Line of Duty”…which You Fucktars keep sucking up and clicking Like on, because you’re so pathetically stupid and non-critical—so they’ll just keep lying to you because what you love more than anything else in your lives is to be told lies from others with a message you agree with. It’s probably the chief occupation of humans now: lie hunting.

1. Steven on August 20, 2015 at 16:18

“impose—by force of guns, jails, fines, seizures, detainment, and regulations”
    Could it be so called force is only ‘imposed’ if you assume to know what someone using words and phrases like ‘jail’, ‘fine’, ‘seizure’, ‘detainment’, ‘regulation’, ‘cop’, ‘judge’, ‘trial’, ‘court’ etc means? Could it be more honorable to ask what’s meant by the word or phrase, ask to speak with the one claiming there’s been a claim made, and if someone does claim ‘you’ made a claim, perhaps ask “if by ‘you’, you mean me, if i offended you, would you please forgive me”?

• Richard Nikoley on August 20, 2015 at 17:15

Yea, you’re right.

I should have Googled no-knock raid, first, and a bunch of other shit.

• Steven on August 20, 2015 at 23:10

Could it be before the so called no-knock raid, someone living there claimed something?

• Richard Nikoley on August 21, 2015 at 06:44

So you are denying that no-knock raids exist?

How about wrong door raids?

• Steven on August 21, 2015 at 07:29

Steven,

WTF are cops doing with military equipment and using military tactics? Asking nicely?

• Steven on August 21, 2015 at 16:46

What do you mean by denying?
      What about a so called raid on a ‘wrong’ door?

• Steven on August 21, 2015 at 16:48

Maybe ask the so called cops?

2. Rita on August 21, 2015 at 06:56

I love this post. You say firefighters have to be fit to serve and protect (fit physically and mentally). Yet, no such aptitude is required of cops. I don’t know if this is true, but I read somewhere that cops have to take an IQ test, and if they score too high, they can’t be cops. Shit, maybe that was just the punchline to a joke. But I remember that the point being made was that a cop is supposed to enforce the law, not interpret it, and smart people are more likely to interpret and consider something. Dumb people shoot first and ask questions never. Thus, cops are dumb thugs.

• Steven on August 21, 2015 at 07:34

Yup, cops are not allowed an IQ above average. It is codified. All the way up to the supreme court level of slave mastery. And to make things better the super masters from a different case ruled that cops are to uphold the law, not serve and protect. Very different meanings.

3. CCL on August 21, 2015 at 08:48

I agree with your point for the most part. But, I understand you basically make your living off your writing now, this is not a sentence:

“Take it to the quotidien Campus, where you’ll find an endless supply of the proto-Fucktarded: mush; euphemistically called brains, or if being generous, in formation.”

I’m all for cursing too, but maybe also try using Fucktarded less because it doesn’t do anything to make your point. It actually takes something away from what you’re saying.

• Richard Nikoley on August 21, 2015 at 09:00

Thanks. For. The. Critique!

• kurtis on August 21, 2015 at 16:20

Richard,
      I recently found your site and have enjoyed the health related material. Your post regarding the comparison between law enforcement & firefighting is ridiculous. I have been a firefighter/paramedic in a busy urban department for the last 15 years. We work side by side with the police and I can think of few jobs more difficult than a patrol officer. Additionally, Your knowledge about civil service standards in regards to physical fitness testing reveals your ignorance about either profession. In fact obesity in the fire service is one of the most pressing issues related to the number one cause of death for firefighters, heart attack.

The vast majority of police do a fine job protecting the ungrateful like yourself on a daily basis. You are a marginal human at best, go to hell.

• Karl Carroll on March 5, 2016 at 04:55

Well said and completely accurate

Signed,
        An intelligent cop

• gabkad on August 21, 2015 at 17:30

Richard, it sounds potentially really interesting, but what does ‘quotidien campus’ mean? Maybe I should just google it?

• Richard Nikoley on August 21, 2015 at 20:19

Well if I told you, I’d have to kill you. 🙂

Just an off-cuff way of saying the daily mundane conformist crap that goes on in instutions that were presumably supposed to challenge political status quos.

• stillasamountain on August 26, 2015 at 11:43

“The vast majority of police do a fine job protecting the ungrateful like yourself on a daily basis.”

Unless you get extremely lucky with the timing / proximity (like hit-by-lightning lucky) you will never in your life be “protected” by the cops.

They are there to clean up the mess, drag the perps to jail and generate revenue for their respective civil overlords.

• Karl Carroll on March 5, 2016 at 04:57

The majority of cops will come across and intervene in an assault / mugging / rape at some point. each one is a life saved.

• Richard Nikoley on August 26, 2015 at 12:40

Yea, like the US military is “protecting our freedoms,” and how Jesus “died for our sins,” and similar fantasies all sharing the same root: delusional followers.

…And don’t forget that when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away!

4. Charlene on August 21, 2015 at 12:30

What does more damage: *Bad laws* – infringement of any right in which there is no harm done – or *enforcement* of bad laws? Maybe *obedience* to bad laws is the ultimate wrong.

5. Bret on August 23, 2015 at 19:50

Raw aggression against police officers themselves is equally illogical as heaping praise upon firefighters. They’re all the same basically smart but undeniably imperfect human beings that you and I are.

Firefighters are by and large not misused by their superior governments. Police are. That doesn’t mean all (or even most) firefighters have some sort of superior character, and it doesn’t mean all (or most) cops are morally deviant. It means they work in different systems subject to different political influences. I’m sure some firefighters sign up because the odds say they’ll enjoy a drama-free career and guaranteed retirement, and I’m sure some police officers take the job out of a genuine concern for the safety of their fellow citizens. Vice versa on both counts as well, of course.

If firefighters were ordered by retarded federal and state governments to raid the homes of people suspected to be in violation of some fire code, while police were strictly limited by the same governments only to responding to complaints of violence (not raiding homes for suspicion of narcotics ownership and other such nonsense), that would not automatically make police praiseworthy and firefighters damnable.

You’re a smart fellow, Richard, and I enjoy reading your posts. But the emotions you have displayed here, like many emotional outbursts from many people, don’t make any logical sense that I can see.

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2015 at 20:11

I’m not interested in post hoc what iffs, Bret.

I see what I see. Turns out I have much experience with fires and their aftermaths and its 100% pro, always. I believe there’s a subsequent post that highlights more.

• Karl Carroll on March 5, 2016 at 05:00

How could you have a negative experience with firemen putting out a fire if you are not an arsonist?

• Bret on August 23, 2015 at 22:01

Your disinterest in ‘post hoc what iffs’ does not eclipse the logical vacuum behind making sweeping generalizations of character judgment unto people based on their profession…nor behind the unconditional praise of one and unconditional remonstration of the other.

People who make such generalizations could likely stand to ponder some ‘what ifs,’ instead of regarding what they’ve observed as universally true. That way they might avoid ideological narrow-mindedness.

Haven’t checked out any subsequent posts yet. I plan on doing so tomorrow.

• Richard Nikoley on August 24, 2015 at 07:14

When you do, see if you can discern the context as well.

Also, juxtapose the ease with which you can fool everyone with a police, political, bureaucrat career with how you can’t fake whether you put out a fire and saved additional property and lives lost.

I hear Kurt Voneghut wrote some good stuff along these lines, but I haven’t checked it out yet.

Not everything the state has co-opted under its exclusive authority is bad, just the means by which they finance and control it. There are still tons of volunteer fire departments across America, in places where the state doesn’t command enough prestige to bother.

In fact, 67% of fire departments are all volunteer and protect 18% of the population. Another 18% of departments are made up of mostly volunteers, and they protect another 19% of the population.