A Minuscule, Less Than 1% of Earth Population Truly Understand What Makes America The Greatest

It was the very first establishment in the history of planet earth to attempt to submit the government to a moral code.

Oh, I can hear the fucktards, already.

I said moral code, not legal code.

1. edster on December 18, 2015 at 21:27

Reflecting on this John Stuart Mill came to mind:
    “the source of everything respectable in man either as an intellectual or as a *moral* being, namely, that his errors are corrigible. He is capable of rectifying his mistakes, by discussion and experience. Not by experience alone. There must be discussion, to show how experience is to be interpreted. Wrong opinions and practices gradually yield to fact and argument: but facts and arguments, to produce any effect on the mind, must be brought before it. Very few facts are able to tell their own story, without comments to bring out their meaning. The whole strength and value, then, of human judgment, depending on the one property, that it can be set right when it is wrong, reliance can be placed on it only when the means of setting it right are kept constantly at hand”

2. bert on December 19, 2015 at 18:36

Previous legal codes were just as much a proxy for their moral underpinnings as America’s were and still are though.

• Richard Nikoley on December 19, 2015 at 21:34

Well, basic, bread and butter legal codes in enlightened societies are pretty much all proxy for an underlying sence of basic morality.

The point is to fundamentally understnd that.

3. Doug on December 20, 2015 at 05:44

I really think what makes America great was/is it’s innovative spirit, if I can use such a word. It started out with the least amount of government/religion available at the time. It was raw land with people trying to figure out how to live on it….I guess another name for it was freedom, but Richard might call it anarchy.

Anyways, the state is slowly crushing it and maybe if we look at history it is probably inevitable.

Richard, your last 2 weeks or so of blogs were outstanding. My smaller brain had to read some of them a couple of times 🙂

4. pzo on December 22, 2015 at 19:28

Wait…… Isn’t this the same nation that you were so pissed off about you “burned down the house?”

Our nation is pretty amazing in the historical context, but there are a hell of a lot of termites in the woodwork.

• Richard Nikoley on December 22, 2015 at 20:14

Context, sir.

Now we find there’s nothing less than a Trojan Horse in the White House, so there is work to be done, then we get back to rhe Enigntemnement, because of the Enlightenment.