Why The Left Must Be Destroyed As a Political and Social Ideology

Woke up to a question in comments this morning.

Hear hear.

My question is… Why? Why are governments letting potential terrorists in? Are they simply scared into it by not wanting to look racist on the international stage? Or is there money to be made somewhere along the line?

Any thoughts?

I replied:

“Are they simply scared into it by not wanting to look racist on the international stage?”

Rasist, misogynist, anti-multiculturalist, anti-socialist, anti-dependency, pro-white male, politically “incorrect,” etc. etc.

The left rules the narrative, even as a rather smallish minority in terms of its most activist radicals. They will show up and shout you down, try to destroy you. And in terms of more moderate, or the right, they’re also afraid of the more left leaning politicians because they know how easily they can demagogue the troops into a frenzy.

The left needs to be utterly discredited and destroyed in terms of an ideology that permeates everything political, now.

Then, immediately following, this fabulous whopper of a comment.

For all her foibles, Rand could wield one hell of a dagger in that pen of hers. I finally got that, after I stopped writing her off as a mere crank. It’s dawned on me that the visceral disgust so many harbor over her is based on little more than secondary knowledge of her work and little, if any, personal immersion into what she’s actually written. I was one of those, admittedly. Fortunately, my capacity for self-correction has grown.

I’ve been instinctively anti-war since my naive days as a fledgling red (in spirit, if not in practice), but I’ve always known that absolute pacifism is just one more pathological extreme, no less anti-life than murderous belligerence. If self-preservation is the most primal of instincts in an animal, to deliberately and completely stifle that in oneself in the presence of a one-hundred percent real, life-fucking threat reveals a perverse level of personal disregard unheard of in any other form of life. The Left idealizes “Nature” and then pisses on their own human variety to maintain their fairy tale feelings. More and more, it becomes clearer to me why, nearly a decade ago, I started smelling shit over on the left side, without really knowing why, initially. But I knew it wasn’t much sweeter on the right. After years of disassembly and examination and re-examination, I came to abide by that pronouncement made by the Bard of Hibbing to another pack of ideologues years ago: “There’s no black and white, left and right to me anymore; there’s only up and down and down is very close to the ground. And I’m trying to go up without thinking about anything trivial such as politics.”

These last few weeks of posts have been enlightening, to say the least, and have finally compelled me to break my four years of silent lurking. (Four years! I’ve earned my bachelor’s in Freeing the Animal. Ha.) I don’t want to see this country get sucked into another endless conflict, but these hornets need to be killed. While I hope it can be done with some precision and exactitude, I know it’s asking too much of this bumbling, bull-in-a-china-shop government to handle even the simplest of tasks with a modicum of finesse, let alone the routing out of a hornets’ nest.

With that said, happy belated anniversary. Free the Animal has been, to quote a Buddhist monk, of all people, an “ongoing lesson in the extent of my own stupidity.” Thanks for being a bright light in this dingy, dark intellectual catacomb we call the internet. ? I will happily carry the culturist flag — the blackest of them all, yes? My submission for that privilege:

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 7.59.40 AM

Well that’s just great. Edges out my score a bit. I just think it’s pretty damn cool that on their own distribution, over hundreds of thousands of results, those who put in scores very near the extreme right of the distribution are in the top 2%, but even so are getting upwards of a third of the questions wrong. Trust me. It’s a pretty damn tough test.

Try your hand at it, if you’re not a scaredy cat. It’ll cost $9 for results, and you have to agree that you’re liable to damages upwards of $2,000 per question you divulge publicly.

If you score low, like perhaps 110 and below, chances are that you’re primarily a regurgitator. You go around spouting only stuff you’ve heard from lots of others and you do it to appear as though you know what the fuck you’re talking about when by all Occam’s Razor chances, you’re solidly locked into some Blue-Pill, Blind-Leading-Blind matrix.

baby birds feeding

1. Dan on December 16, 2015 at 14:40

On the left must be destroyed deal, are you familiar with the R vs K selection theory put forward by anonymous conservative?

Stefan Molyneaux and Bill Whittle are all over it as well.

Its an elegant fit for what we see from the left.

Will check in with an iq test report next week when i get a spare hr or two.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 16:08

Yes, and was it you who turned me onto that some months back in email maybe? Or maybe another blog comment?

Funny, but I had just read the summary and I happened to have an email from Tom Naughton and I can’t recall the subject matter (he, I, and Mike Eades are very “politically congruent”) but I shot him the link. He and especially his brother who guest blogs sometimes were all over it.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 16:17

Oh Dan, I just remembered something.

I think it was about 8 or 9 years ago, and I got this crackpot idea that the reason when you look at the blue/red map, the blue is always centered around urban areas, and red rural.

Well, one reason I enjoy spending a weekend in The City (San Fran) now & then is because everything is to relatively easy. Hell, you can just walk mere steps to get most stuff, and there’s a perception of and almost endless supply of social help, assistance, commiseration, etc. etc.

Not quite like that out in the countryside. There’s help out there, and trade, but people are more hard-nosed about it. You must maintain a reputation as an excellent neighbor.

• Dan on December 17, 2015 at 03:04

I moved out of the city via the Philippines (Negros Oriental – Dumaguete really wanted to live off grid) for the country about 5 yrs ago and definitely agree.

There is something so self reliant among folks out here (3 hrs from a major city with no train etc) and a lot of pride that my city friends dont get. And its from a fair few walks of life, I have left leaning hippy friends as well who are self reliant, guilty of any social assistance and are more left because they just cant identify with the right.
      Underlying as you observe is traits such as making do, living within means, saving and sharing of food/skills/trade.
      There is still that 5 or 10% that think they are owed something (jobs, property etc) but much smaller.

Another observation supporting R/K is in Australia at least, country towns bore the brunt of the soldiering during the wars. Every small town has an “honour roll” on a memorial. Pretty much the entire male population lost. Most towns did their own thing with organising a memorial, not gov handouts their either.

2 yrs ago I attended a local startup bootcamp where some high school kids attended. Beautiful to watch. The only way I can describe it is similar to what Beatrice must do with her kids, project based. These kids delegated and dominated and received an offer of seed capital from a big wig in the sydney scene for their idea. You see them helping their parents at the markets or in their family businesses, there is something there I think.

Sorry for the long ranty brain dump.

2. […] guess this is the day for blogging about comments. Those “ten followers” are really putting in overtime. Multiple accounts & […]

3. Bacchal on December 16, 2015 at 11:20

Look at that. My first comment gets hung on the fridge. Much obliged. 🙂

It is a hard test, and I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun taking one, because it actually invites the brain out to play, rather than sticking it on a treadmill with a dangling carrot. I feel like I spent a good two hours on it, at least. I don’t know if that confirms a heroic level of focus, a slow processor, or both. I know I felt both ecstatic and exhausted after clicking the final answer. Good brain exercise.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 12:12

I took 2-3 hours on it and if it must be known, whilst sipping whiskey (no excuses). It was 6-9 pm and Beatrice was occupied with laundry, so I had few interruptions. I plan to take it again over the holidays, in the morning.

You’re exactly right. Growing up, in all the aptitude tests, I was like 90% or better, always. This is humbling, but you get a bit of a pleasant surprise at the end.

4. Stephen Hall on December 16, 2015 at 11:26

Why not? I decided to finally throw nine bucks out the window and try this test for shits and grins: http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Results.aspx?UserID=8af47943-e416-4178-a443-3b33359a9d27

I’m a long time reader who appreciates your point of view, even when (especially when?!) I don’t necessarily agree with it. Your blog often provides good food for thought and I appreciate that you encourage independent, rational thinking.

Although I’m occasionally taken aback by your vitriol, I also acknowledge that sometimes folks need to be shaken up a bit to recognize they’re in a(n ignorant) comfort zone. I don’t think feel like your mission is to convince anyone to think the same things you do — you’re trying to convince them to think the same _way_ you do. Maybe they will come to similar conclusions as you, or maybe they will reach a different conclusion from which you can both learn something new.

In any case, keep seeking and sharing and asking good questions. Thank you for being honest with both your readers and yourself.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 12:06

Awesome Stephen.

I actually like the ones who score better than I because it provides data I’ve always suspected, even going way back to Paleo 100% days. I get the smartest. I believe I’ve always had the smartest of the smart. Well, perhaps Peter could give me a run for money.

I’ve always sensed it, now I’m getting real data.

This is definitely a niche I adore.

Thanks for sharing. Tough test?

5. Matthew on December 16, 2015 at 12:11

23/36, should’ve been 24 couldn’t tell see (literally) the extra lines in the hexagon vs octagon.

Matches up with the 137 predicted from my SAT score (1400) pretty cool stuff.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 12:20

I like this more and more.

Now, imagine what scores would be being posted on something like Bernie Sander’s blog/forum, or Daily Kos (probably lots of smart, but followers, lots and lots of fucking dumb).

Of course, the right-wing outlets, too.

It’s less the message than a practiced independence of thoughts over time where you make your own connections and draw your own conclusions rather than just eat regurgitate and spout it back out.

I suspect that lots of people start off with reasonable raw material, and they can go either way with it.

In no way do I see this as some racial or even genetic imperative. In fact, the genetic difference ought be predictable and the results seem to add legitimacy to that. With male and female division of labor, one would expect generally for males to score a bit higher on AVERAGE. Emphasis: AVERAGE.

6. David Seng on December 16, 2015 at 12:35

I took that test when you near after you’re original post… 31/36 http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Results.aspx?UserID=7c9cf195-e5fb-4b60-811e-804fb5da4ab6

The results surprised me and I am still reflecting. If anything, it has ramped up my pursuit of learning.

I think to have original thought is my goal, as when I talk about anything substantial it has always felt to me as I’m just regurgitating.

I believe I spent the first quarter of my life wasting it, conforming. I allowed the shaming and the guilt to control me too well.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 12:58

Nice, man.

Smart fuckers oozing out of the woodwork, here.

Keep ’em coming. I want a whole compound of people just a little bit better than me.

• John on December 17, 2015 at 11:37

My score was close to yours.

I grew up with the phrase “do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?”

I was taught when young to not present explanations of the truth in conversations as it would mean people would not like to be around me. Basically, the intended meaning was “conform or you’ll be considered weird.”

Well rather than growing up having a bunch of friends, I wound up as sort of a loner with a handful of very close friends. Rather than spending a lot of time with a lot of people “happy,” I was thinking in social settings “everyone around me is shallow, cares about nothing significant, and argues with conviction from ignorance.”

Even with my friends, I’d sometimes feel like I’d rather be reading online than spending time with them.

Well fuck all that. I now let people know what I think when I’m thinking it. My life has gotten a lot better, and my sense of self and self respect has skyrocketed.

There have been a few amazing surprises where people I’d never thought would express interest in some controversial ideas loved the discussions. As an example, I started a conversation with a friend about anarchy. Within a few minutes there were enough “I’d never thought of that. I’d never considered it that way” type moments that the person had the mental gears going. A few days later, we are out with that friends parents and she brings up my views on anarchy. My initial reaction was “oh shit my intellectual ruminations are on the table with people who will think I’m crazy” but then, to my surprise, they were very interested in the issue, and also had a sort of “thats crazy!” to “I’d never considered that” transition. I have learned a lot about how learning and thinking may improve you individually, but sharing and discussing your ideas is what really gives confidence and a sense of self worth.

• David Seng on December 17, 2015 at 16:21

Childhood for me was more “Might Makes Right”/”Because I Said So”. They may have taken a few IQ points but obviously I wasn’t fooled. More or less it led to a disdain for authority and passive aggresive-ness, lies. Richard I would credit for “Showing me the light”.

Like you I had only a couple of close friends, fell into that loner category.

I’ve run my ideas by my “close” friends, they laughed, we don’t talk much anymore. They’ve been consumed by the mighty Socialism. I might be to brunt in my communication, but I’m slowly getting the idea that I’m not the crazy one.

This year I finally decided to go in to talk therapy.

The future is looking bright.

Thank you for the inspiration by telling me about your story, I related with it.

• Matthew on December 18, 2015 at 05:46

@John happy you discovered that!

Although, I would say, in a way you basically ended up just following the original device.

It’s never a bad idea to state your opinions, ANY opinions in mixed company.

It’s almost always a bad idea to argue your position to it’s end at the expense of the social mood.

that’s what I take the saying to mean anyway.

7. Jen W. on December 16, 2015 at 14:19

Just got my results back. Thanks to whoever provided the link. It was NOT easy. Several questions took much longer to answer than others. 18/36 correct, IQ score 125, in the 95 percentile.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 15:58

That’s extremely respectable. And hey, remember there’s a standard dev of 15. I think it would be much easier, if being careful, to miss a few that you may have gotten on a better day, than to get very many right by just guessing. I think most of them have at least 6 choices, so that’s a dice roll.

I did guess on a few, but those I had usually narrowed down to 2-3 possibles. There were a decent 6 where I had almost no clue no matter which way I sliced and diced different approaches to finding the pattern

8. David on December 16, 2015 at 14:34

Long-time reader, first-time caller (I’m really just anonybragging) , ex-follower, and a progressively freer animal in the future.

Thanks for the continued inspiration, and entertainment, Richard.

9. cremes on December 16, 2015 at 14:39

You dirty SOB. I usually pass on these online IQ tests, but since you tweeted that everyone was doing it then I felt that I just *had* to jump on the bandwagon. Here’s a link to my score:

If that doesn’t show up, I was surprised by the results: 140 IQ, 26/36 correct, 99.6 percentile. I’m fairly smart but I didn’t think I would score that high (I’m told I am the dumbest of 3 children). 🙂

10. Mike Wismer on December 16, 2015 at 20:13

Interesting. History says that your readership will all be on the “exterminate” list if the world ever goes full communist.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 20:25

Yea, I guess you’re right about that, Mark.

This is getting pretty damn interesting. Perhaps I ought rename the blog Big Bang Theory. 🙂

Actually, not. What’s cool is that I’ve always known I had a lot of intelligent folks that hang around here, but intelligent is a lot of people. Here’s we’re talking an amazing disproportion of crazy smart 1 and 2 percenters.

This is going to be a great comment thread to have in my back pocket when I get the typical troll (like just yesterday) who tells me that my readership is a bunch of sycophants, which is really about the dumbest criticism ever.

Really appreciate all who have stepped up to do this. And best of all, I think this probably shows a lot of you that you’re kinda where you belong in a blog comment thread.

Funny how that works.

Damn. I might have to start stepping up my game a bit around here. These are not the sort of people one takes for granted.

11. CL on December 17, 2015 at 05:58

Posted this on the previous post but though I would here too just so they’re all in one spot.

Either your readers are smart or that test is flawed!

• Richard Nikoley on December 17, 2015 at 07:48

Another possibility is that those who score below what they would care to post are reluctant to do so.

I also think that people going out regularly and reading blogs that are run by thinkers, designed for people who want to read, think, express their thoughts in writing are going to be a cut above anyway, wherther their score is 115 or 145.

I would guess that if you took a lot of the smaller blogs in this roughly characterized evolutionary health niche, say Stephan, Peter’s, Eades, etc., youd find high scores. But because of the enormity of his readership, I’ll bet Sisson’s would more resemble the standard distribution.

It would be funny to see where Jimmy’s readers fall, with his religious overtones & all.

• CL on December 18, 2015 at 06:56

You’re definitely right about the people scoring low not posting their scores.

Can’t even imagine what the scores would be for HuffPost, DailyKos, or some of that trash.

• Richard Nikoley on December 18, 2015 at 07:49

Or like the typical comment thread under a Time piece, or gawd, one of the People/Entertainment sites.

I typically can’t even read a page worth, for all the dumb that oozes out.

By contract, comment threads on more conservative, right oriented sites, while always a mix, do often contain signs of intelligent life.

12. Kate Atkinson on December 17, 2015 at 09:38

I’m a sucker for IQ tests. Interestingly enough I scored exactly the same as a different test that I took earlier this year. Guess that shouldn’t surprise me, but makes me feel better that it wasn’t just a one time thing.

29/36 with an IQ score of 146

• Richard Nikoley on December 17, 2015 at 09:58

That’s great, Kate. Yea, taking a number where they aren’t culture based but brain pattern figuring out and they come out similar in score is pretty good confirmation.

I did some of these, like various Mensa tests and stuff in my 20s and was always mid-40s, 147 being highest.

So, perhaps I’m slipping, or perhaps it was sipping whiskey, or, perhaps it was because at the time I’d just got done with college, lots of maths and computer coding, then the job at sea where you’re always connecting dots with weather, ship worthiness, and the personel element. This eventually found its way to writing. Still, I’m satisfied with my lowly 132 compared to moat of you.

Fortunately, I only paid the $9, not $12, so I have no idea which I missed, and since it’s not a timed test, I don’t think its any compromise to take it again. Probably, knowing what you’re up against throughout might be good for 5-10 spot points right off the bat.

Suffice to say, y’all are a bunch of smart cunts and now that I know that, I’m terriefied about not taking it for granted, if that makes any sense. 😉

13. Radford McAwesome on December 17, 2015 at 13:23
    • Richard Nikoley on December 17, 2015 at 14:39

You obviously took it seriously.

14. […] eventual bog about this has to be right. I owe […]

15. John on December 17, 2015 at 15:12

As long as my score keeps getting referenced, I might as well leave it here for verification purposes. No bragging, of course 🙂

• Richard Nikoley on December 17, 2015 at 15:32

Attention whore. 🙂

Yea, Jon was the first and only to take up the challenge, like 2 months ago.

16. Allan Folz on December 18, 2015 at 00:28

Well, put me on the short-bus. 🙂

I’m not taking it again, though. I did spread it out over two sessions a few days apart. I know that helped because a few of the questions that I had no idea on last time, I was able to see a solution to this time. That was probably good for 2 or 3 extra right answers. The ones I missed… it’s not like I had a good back-up answer in mind. Cheers.

17. Matthew on December 18, 2015 at 05:49

I think the test might actually be TOO hard, and that’s why it skews hard.

I think that for anyone who would score below say a ~120 the motivation to finish is just not there, so you’ll never see their results. It’s just too hard and they close it (nothing wrong with that).

That’s why a timed-test, though biased in other ways, can be helpful since it’s levels the playing field a bit.

You have to assume that above average intelligence people are going to enjoy this type of thing…

• Matthew on December 18, 2015 at 05:50

**Skews*** Smart

• Jen W. on December 18, 2015 at 06:48

I’m not so sure a timed test would “level the playing field” as you say. Actually, I think *not* having it timed levels the playing field more, especially for those smart people who prefer/need to take the time necessary to make a less wrong decision. Having a timed test, how many people would score lower, just because they wouldn’t have the time needed to make the correct choice?

• Matthew on December 18, 2015 at 06:59

Yeah your not wrong, like I said different type bias.

But my original point still stands, in that many people will be so frustrated with this test that they simply “X” out the screen and don’t finish. And therefore, smarter people just naturally end up finishing/reporting.

• Richard Nikoley on December 18, 2015 at 07:45

That’s a fair criticism, I think.

There’s some awfully smart people who just prefer working with their hands, for instance and simply lack the patience to tolerate something like this, so in a way, there may be a self-selection bias.

But of course, my whole point is that for whatever reasons, I seem to have a lot of very smart people who choose to read and comment on this blog and for me, that’s like the coolest reward for doing what I do that I can imagine.

Well, except maybe a check for a million bucks in pure gratitude. 🙂

• Jen W. on December 18, 2015 at 08:56

Are there any IQ tests that have a physical part to them? If we want to “level the playing field”. . .

18. Rhonda on December 19, 2015 at 11:08

Hello, Richard. Perhaps you’ll find this article interesting: Muslims and Westerners: The Psychological Differences

19. Mark on December 19, 2015 at 13:05

135 but not the test posted, http://www.free-iqtest.net/. I’ll have to go back and finish the posted test. But 135 jives with what I remember getting after taking an IQ test quite a few years ago.

• Mark on December 20, 2015 at 18:39

Finally finished and based on how hard it was (compared to the other IQ tests I took this weekend that also tested verbal and other logical reasoning) and how long it took me (a fuck long time over a few sessions with breaks), I was sure I was going to score way worse than 135/137 (one the aforementioned free IQ test, and another paid one that was still in the Stanford-Binet style) that I had scored on the seemingly “easier” IQ tests. In fact I admit to being a little intimidated based on the “official” scores others were posting here, and I’d have to stop reading this blog. Or at the very least, never comment at all. 😉

138.

• Richard Nikoley on December 20, 2015 at 20:21

Love it. Anything over 115 is respectable, above 130 exeplary, 140 awesome and 150, autistic. 😉

Cool that you took it so serious, covered bases, got a good idea you’re not confirming bias.

20. NvN on December 19, 2015 at 20:16

Another fan of yours (aka “Doctors hate her”) reporting back after taking the test:
    33/36, 154

• Richard Nikoley on December 20, 2015 at 06:05

154!

Well, now WE hate you too! 🙂

21. Matt on December 20, 2015 at 11:03

Completed over a few sessions due to (welcome) interruptions. This test made me realize how infrequently I’m engaged in intense thought for long periods of time – I’m out of shape.

• Mark on December 20, 2015 at 19:00

Same here…it was telling that the focus required to work through the problems was very difficult to achieve. Brain sweat.

22. Todd on December 20, 2015 at 11:34

26/36, 140.

I hated geometry in school but I always thought shapes and patterns were cool. I can relate to what John and David Seng said at the top of comments. Always felt like I didn’t quite fit with the different circles I traveled in.

This blog has really engaged my critical thinking and has exposed me to many new ideas I just wasn’t seeing in my day to day life, and I think that’s largely because of mostly being around average minds that don’t come up with anything new or engaging.

Really, when I discovered paleo about 6 years ago, in the earlier days of it, did I start finding other minds worth engaging. This blog was always less about the food and more about the thinking.

23. Sheena on December 21, 2015 at 04:43

Looks like I’ll be making some time over the Christmas break to exercise the old grey cells… Never could resist a challenge.
    Will be interesting to see how I fare about 25 years after my last official IQ test for Mensa membership, my score was 149 on the Cattell scale back then.
    😀

24. Moando on December 22, 2015 at 22:48
  25. Spencer Vaughn on December 26, 2015 at 08:54

Long time lurker, posted a couple comments. Bored and distracted since it was Christmas yesterday, so I really didn’t put a whole lot of effort in.

26. Jeff on December 26, 2015 at 12:47

150 31/36

Also a long time lurker, love your take on diet and nutrition. Agree with a lot of your political viewpoints too, but I’m a Christian and didn’t want to get into war over religion. Maybe after this IQ score I’ll be a little more brave in the future, lol.
    P.S. I saw through Jimmy Moore’s bullshit many years ago

27. Guy on December 28, 2015 at 08:21

146 29/36

Looking back over my wrong answers I noticed that a couple I would have answered correctly if I’d gone with instinct and not then thought about the why and then changing…curious

28. Daniel F on December 30, 2015 at 04:13

A bit late to this party but I got around to taking it. Could / should have taken more time.

27/36

Can email it to Richard if he wants it verified.

29. […] get to decide for yourself, of course and as always…no yes-men sycophants here, but the threads is: More Americans were killed in Christmas weekend storms this year than in […]