Yesterday was week three of doing lots of potatoes most days. It’s going well. Didn’t make the weigh in, as I was busy with other stuff, so perhaps I’ll just relax, keep eating potatoes, and drive it home for the 1-month result next Sunday. In the meantime, let’s check on a few other folks and extend some credit where it’s due, eh?
2-week update: down to 224 lb from 235. I’m 6’3″.
Crazy stuff. I’ve eaten more potatoes in these two weeks than have I have in two years. Biggest things I’ve noticed are:
- less desire to have alcohol – I’m normally a 1-2 glass of red wine guy per night
- less desire to eat meat. I’m almost feeling like I’m vegan (omg…did I just say that)
- I used to do potato starch but it didn’t nearly have any effect on my appetite so I think I can write that off as cool experiment
- been also eating lots of lentils which I think the combo is mighty
- not thinking about food really at all. late night binge of a bowl of cereal, jar of PB, etc. are gone.
- wondering if the magic will continue or if this is just a temporary situation.
This weekend I’m cooking up a huge portion of Chickpea and Potato Curry from the Moosewood Cookbook. Would love to have others share their updates.