Yep. I’m Going To Do A Podcast and Here’s Episode #1

podcast-header1

Hear what you think. It’s a short initial intro, 7 minutes only. The main thing today was getting the intro and outro music right.

I like it, and getting it as I liked it so easily in a short time was a big motivator. I hadn’t planned to get anything up in perhaps weeks, but the preliminaries were so damn easy and quick (first time using GarageBand ever) that I just wanted to put something together.

Here’s the SoundCloud link.

So stay tuned.

You can subscribe by RSS Feed here.

Update: Cool, not even 24 hours yet and over 275 listens. That’s great. Took a bit of digging to get it on YouTube without having to create a movie, but here it is.

1. king of the one eyed people on March 12, 2016 at 19:04

Dude. Intro music takes me back to good 70s swingers club music – I like it. Practice getting rid of the “um” and “ah” though! You had over a hundred I reckon just in seven minutes. Practice recording yourself and playing back immediately to count the um and ahs. One um or ah every 5 minutes is tolerable. Radio presenters are thinking three sentences ahead. They know ehat they’re going to say about 5-15 seconds before it’s said.

8/10 for the radio voice. Keep it up.

• Ross on March 13, 2016 at 06:59

Yikes. Tough crowd. Looking forward to future episodes Richard. Ross.

• Onlooker on March 13, 2016 at 08:46

Nah. Richard has much thicker skin than that. Anybody worth listening to will be open to good critique such as this; in fact wants it. It goes hand in hand with critical thinking, IMO.

Of course most people in this world can’t take good criticism and just throw up their defenses at the first whiff of it. That’s part of why most people can’t learn anything new and are stuck on confirmation bias.

Looking forward to hearing what you put together, Richard.

• Richard Nikoley on March 13, 2016 at 08:19

Ha, and I chopped out about a dozen of the most egregious andums.

And, um, I agree with you. Will work on it. I don’t really want to edit out ALL um, the bad, you know, stuff and so on and so forth because uh, um, then that won’t uh, you know, motivate me to uh get um, better at it, y’know?

2. VW on March 12, 2016 at 19:27

Looking forward to it. No critique from, uh, me.

Can’t wait to hear you talk about your exploits in Mexico. That should make for some good listening.

3. Daniel F on March 13, 2016 at 05:22

Suggested guests:

Diet / Health

P.D. Mangan (who has a new book coming out soon on the dangers of iron and importance of reducing it. I believe his work in this area was inspired by your “Theory of Everything” post but he has done a lot of work on the specific mechanisms for various diseases)

Anthony Colpo (if you can work out the time zone issue, would be awesome)

Ross Enamait (best person on fitness, in my view)

Kurt Harris (if you even locate the guy!!)

Politics / Anarchy:

Vox Day (you should really be following him. His books SJWs Always Lie and Cuckservative are instant classics and very timely at the same time. My view is you should try to publish your gut health book through Vox’s publishing venture Catalisa House.)

Mike Cernovich

Hans Herman-Hoppe (would be cool)

Fred Reed

John Derbyshire

• Onlooker on March 13, 2016 at 08:52

Interesting suggestions. I’d love to hear him talk with Michael Eades. They have so much they agree on, and yet of course they’ve had disagreement.

And there’s lots of room for talking philosophy/politics where they’d no doubt have much agreement, but where I’m doubtful that Eades would be in for full on anarchy.

Lots of area to cover with two pretty smart guys.

• Richard Nikoley on March 13, 2016 at 09:44

Mike and I had a long good chat last Wednesday evening at a party at Sisson’s house.

Here’s some party pics, and one of him & Bea.

I’d love to have Mike on and I will sure invite him. However, the first time, we’d probably talk about Sous-Vide.

…Also, one thing I want to do is have guests that are well known for some certain expertise, but talk to them about some other topic.

For instance, Mike and I almost never talk about diet. We talk mostly about business and politics.

4. Brian on March 13, 2016 at 06:57

are you going to keep it rated G? You have a blog style tone (fucktards, etc.) and I’m curious if that will come across on the blog? I’d be happy with a few thrown in so we can identify with the real Richard and these curse words are great filler to replace the ‘uh/ah.’

• Richard Nikoley on March 13, 2016 at 08:26

Hey Brian:

Undecided on that. I know iTunes puts an “explicit” rating up if you say anything more edgy than “fudge,” or something. Unsure about how that effects the popularity / distribution.

I generally loath prudish pussies, so perhaps that would be a good filter in and of itself.

But at any rate, I do want to keep it heavily focussed on reason and thoughtfulness and downplay ranting opinion. Or, not. Or, perhaps a Dennis Miller-style rant now & then—of course, that’s the thing about his rants back when he had the HBO show. They’re packed with reason and often, to such an extent that much of it goes over people’s heads.

• VW on March 13, 2016 at 10:18

Maybe two versions sometimes, like when you want to rant/go “uncensored”?

5. Resurgent on March 13, 2016 at 18:02