Dr. Garth Davis Gets Pink Panties In A Bunch, Writes A Book, Get’s Schooled By “The English Major” Denise Minger

When are they going to stop fucking with her?

Campbell, at least, seems to know better by now and steers clear.

Davis, as a surgeon, seems to have enough hubris to not know better.

…Anyway, in the middle of another big move and lack time. I’ll simply point this out:

1. DOCTOR FAIL: GARTH DAVIS, BARIATRIC SURGEON (AND CHINA STUDY BALDERDASH) (my post from July 13, 2012)
  2. DR. GARTH DAVIS, SURGEON: I WARNED YOU…. (my post from July 28, 2012)
  3. PROTEINAHOLIC: IS IT TIME TO SOBER UP FROM ANIMAL FOODS? (A REVIEW AND CRITIQUE) (Denise Minger’s just-published exhaustive critique of Davis’ butthurt new book)

It’s a lot of reading, especially when you get to the typical Denise. We’re fucking omnivores, Dr. Davis. If you were honest, then you’d have taken what Denise legitimately praised you on (and I agree completely—as a more medium-to-minimal meat, “peasant eater,” now).

But we’re omnivores. You expose your core dishonesty otherwise. And at this point in my life I have little time to devote to dishonest people. I just tell them to go fuck off. So do that, Davis.

1. VW on April 28, 2016 at 10:47

OMG! He’s a fucking DOCTOR, for christ’s sake. Do you really mean to disrespect him like that?!? OMFG

• Richard Nikoley on April 28, 2016 at 11:05

“Do you really mean to disrespect him like that?!?”

Particularly and especially so. Dishonesty gets no quarter, no dispensation.

• Heresiarch on April 30, 2016 at 11:28

OMG! He has a fucking BADGE, for christ’s sake! Do you, a mere PEASANT eating your PEASANT FOODS, mean to disrespect such a holy, enlightened, better-than-thou personage who has a BADGE? OMFG

Good post. I enjoyed the hour I spent reading the three posts, incl Denise’s “brief” critique.

2. May on April 28, 2016 at 11:09

We don’t eat meat until it’s cooked, we have no instinctive appetite for raw meat – most people wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Fire came along and we could eat it just like food processing came along and we can now eat soylent, salami and Mars bars.

• Richard Nikoley on April 28, 2016 at 11:23

Ah May, I love it when someone conflates their own tastes and repulsion with true hunger and survival.

And that’s not even getting into how me and a couple billion of my friends like both raw land and sea food and eat both very regularly.

Google solipsism. Take a reality pill.

• king of the one eyed people on April 29, 2016 at 03:38

I eat raw fish and eggs nearly every fucking day. I love raw oysters. Beef jerky (air dried) ain’t done on no fire either and I eat that too. I’d eat raw liver before I ate fucking tofu or, hold your breath, raw potato. I cannot stand raw potato. I guess my instincts are different.

• Steven on April 29, 2016 at 21:28

Soooooo thousands of years of traditional foods and customs in where pretty much every culture has a raw meat dish mean nothing to you as evidence.

So glad you are a student of history and know what hundreds of traditional diets did and did not eat.

#yousosmart

• Richard Nikoley on April 30, 2016 at 07:29

I ate raw tuna, salmon, and salmon eggs (and miso soup, and freshwater eel that’s cooked) in a sushi place last night.

Luckily, I was able to locate one of the tough to find places twice in the last week.

3. LaFrite on April 28, 2016 at 12:28

First it was fats, then carbs, so of course someone had to come up with proteins as the new nutrition villain. Of course, this is not really news, like a wheel of fashion that keeps rolling so that every 10-15 years, we get to the next macro, which already was vilified during the previous cycle.

4. Radford McAwesome on April 28, 2016 at 12:34

Evidence of controlled use of fire goes back to Homo Erectus, if not earlier. Been cooking stuff since before we were human.

• Richard Nikoley on April 28, 2016 at 13:06

And we still eat lots raw, land and sea.

Going back to May’s sycodouche, above, it is critically important to understand that in the ecologue, it was not like some buffet where we chose cooked foods over raw.

Cooking was merely one of the first of many human processing techniques (since just diving into a cavity or chewing off the bone like cats). So first, we butchered animals and we made distinctions.

Right?

This is all elementary.

I still love raw meat and seafood and eat it quite often.

• GTR on April 28, 2016 at 14:47

Does controlled use of fire necessarily indicate cooking? Might as well be some terraforming, like burning forests to make a way for grassland. Or just simple heating.

5. Hap on April 28, 2016 at 17:51

Richard….all the clamoring by your “foodies” to cut the politics and get back to diets…you have taken to heart. However, politics and food are not really mutually exclusive thought categories. Anyway, you have given us more than enough to think about . It will take me a long time to get through the excellent critique of Ms Minger but it will be worth it…..although in the end I’m not sure I go with a take home messasge except that scam artists are regularly attempting to fuck with me. Some are less sinister than others…and some are well intentioned….as if that really matters.

This will help get the food issue straight . Now lets get to the politics. I don’t necessarily agree with all of your comments and issues, but I’ll be damned that some assholes at FB can excommunicate just anyone for any deviation of thought not sanctioned by the central committee. With these people it’s all about the collective, individual be damned, except for his/her wallet…which is always ripe for raiding. the only “collective” is in their politically correct minds. Although it’s been a long road, the Left has finally achieved the absolute upper hand in Kulturkampf. the knee jerk reaction is to avoid it all….go off grid….write subversive blogs. Stuff like that will get you on the FBI and DHS list of potential homegrown terrorists.

Hmm…maybe you should stick to food.

6. Laura on February 20, 2019 at 17:13

First, thank you for your service to this country, it is a true blessing that most of the USA acknowledges. Second, I will give my opinion and you can take it as you want. Bashing on trained and researched individuals does not help your case and bashing on vegans because they do not agree with you is terribly sad. Dr. Garth has saved many lives by changing diets from the SAD to plant-based. I have also personally seen in my research (I have a Masters in Physiology and Nutrition with standard training and chose to go vegan 6 months ago for me, the planet and my family. I was sick for 7years until going on a whole-food/vegan/low-fat diet).

I believe that you may thrive on getting people upset and I choose to not allow others to do that. There are millions in this country who have become subject to a paleo-type diet and although I do believe that our ancestors ate meat (not dairy, that is utterly disgusting), it was weekly at most. For goodness sakes, even tigers and alligators do not eat meat daily and they are carnivores! Plants protect us from the bs diseases that we have created in the last 100 years plus.

I know that I feel much better by giving up the SAD processed diet and going plant-based. Both sides need to let crap go amd allow each person to choose for themselves. Unfortunately plant based research is much less funded because the “broccoli and kale people “ have much less money than dairy and beef.

One last thing, your Twitter post is disturbing and rude. Women should all be married in their early 20’s and marry a man in their early 30’s and have “a few babies”. This planet needs less people, there are millions of children who need adopted and the selection of good men is VERY slim.

By the way, so you do not assume (we all lnow what that does); I am married to a decent man who provides, with two step-children that I raised, educated and work at least part-time while volunteering with multiple organizations focused on fixing this world. Also, I will protnever see this site again and will not be responding to any nasty responses.