Gersh Kuntzman Is Getting Everything He Deserves

maxresdefault

It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon.

One day after 49 people were killed in the Orlando shooting, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of military-style weapons and, hopefully, explain their appeal to gun lovers.

But mostly, I was just terrified. […]

Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don’t know what you’re doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Gersh Kuntzman “reporting” in the The New York Daily News.

Now, I don’t know anything about Larken Rose (I’ve heard the name, before), but he calls it right, here.

Good grief. The article pretty much makes fun of itself. PTSD? Not that this wuss would know it, but the AVERAGE hunting rifle is significantly louder and more powerful than the .223 that the average AR-15 fires. Can you image what he would have written after firing a Barrett .50? Aside from now being the laughing stock of a hundred million or so Americans–including quite a few children–who don’t run into a corner and cry after firing a basic rifle, his stupid article won’t accomplish his goal. People who are already scared of guns, mainly because they know nothing about them, will continue to be scared.

sddefault

What’s next from Mr. Kuntzman? An article about how he was traumatized by using a power drill? A lament about how he needed psychological counseling after trying to split wood with a sledge and wedge? A diatribe about how chainsaws are scary and should be banned?

It serves to demonstrate just how cloistered are these leftist-Democrat NYC journalists, ensconced in their ivory-tower echo chambers for choirs. Picture him at some hoity-toity cocktail affair at some Park Avenue penthouse with all the proper who’s who of the local intelligentsia in attendance whilst he describes his harrowing ordeal for the purpose of affirmation.

“Oh my word, how awful that must have been for you. It’s a wonder you’ve not been permanently bruised. Have you recovered? Are you ok?”

Yadda yadda. That’s always the purpose of this sort of thing, for those who live their lives second-handedly to get confirmation from other second-handers.

maxresdefault-2

This one’s even funnier: ASK KUNTZMAN!

Dear Kuntzman, big fan. I am trying to go green in order to save the Earth. Dying polar bears make me sad. Should I buy a Toyota Prius?

– Carbon Neutral in Carson City

Dear Carbon, I drove a Prius once and it changed me forever. As soon as I climbed inside the minimalist brutalist interior of this carbon fiber Japanese death machine it was as if I was driving a monster truck. I pushed start. The engine was a throaty roar like a thousand nuclear jet bombers. I immediately soiled my trousers to prevent this beast of the land of hentai from raping me. Tentacles are NOT OKAY. In my haste to escape, I touched a lever, and the windshield wipers began beating like a reaper’s sickle threshing horror. Trying to reach the escape handle, I struck a phallus-like pole, and lights began to blink. Blink. Blink. A light. A terrible, red, light! BLINK BLINK! Shrieking and flailing, I clutched desperately at the door, and tumbled, helpless, into the street. In the cold New York City rain, I lay there helpless and soiled in the gutter. The terrifying Prius looming over me, asserting its alpha dominance, and I crawled away. Forever.

Also, you may want to check out the new Nissan Leaf.

For lots more laughs, read the rest.

For my take on the Orlando shooting, see here: Orlando Shooting and the Tautology Of Gun Controls and Bans.

1. John on June 17, 2016 at 08:16

I was in NYC last weekend. The whole city is overrun with underweight, overstyled men who look less masculine than 80% of the women in the city by a significant margin.

And the women . . . I cannot imagine much heterosexual attraction exists there.

It put everything into perspective as to why these people are so anti gun, pro big government – they want to continue their devolution into self-involved, individual exploration, and want to make sure daddy government is there to keep them safe.

I was with my sister and turned to her to say “see, look around, and imagine if something happened which required any of these people to be responsible for their own safety – what would any of them do?” She didn’t have an answer.
    _______________________________
    Larken has got some great FB posts – I haven’t read his books. His anti-cop posts are quite sharp.

• Evan Eberhardt on June 21, 2016 at 10:27

Interesting perspective. Seriously, if the utilities turned off for 3 days, how many urbanites would perish? They probably wouldn’t even realize toilet water could be consumed and instead try to flush away a turd along with any chance at survival.

2. Jim on June 17, 2016 at 08:57

No lie, I sat here reading this at work and I had to stop because I was crying from laughing so hard.

3. Tim M on June 17, 2016 at 10:47

Larken Rose is a famous tax protestor. He lost to the IRS and went to jail. I think they made him take down all his websites where he explained the tax code and showed how it actually said something completely different than most people think it does

They called it the 861 argument. Section 861 made it clear in legal language that income taxes only apply to foreign income and most people aren’t liable for taxes on most of the normal income they have. But you are tricked into thinking that you are so under threat of going to prison, you “voluntarily” agree to place yourself under their taxing jurisdiction.

It all made sense to me but there’s nothing you really can do about it unless you don’t care about going to jail. The judiciary goes along with the corrupt scheme since if they ruled according to the actual letter of the law as written the home system would collapse.

Don’t start reading his analysis unless you want to fall down the rabbit hole and see the system as it really is.

• Richard Nikoley on June 17, 2016 at 10:59

No worry. Went down all those rabbit holes in the mid-90s, even didn’t file returns or pay taxes for three years.

At a point, I decided I’d rather make a lot of money so that minimally, taxes didn’t I act me, rather than focus on protecting the little I had. I still think taxation is theft, but what isn’t?

4. Beans McGrady on June 17, 2016 at 11:09

Hilarious, and sad. You should check out some more Larken Rose.
    Here is a talk from Anarchapulco (2016), which is a great excuse to smoke weed and talk about bitcoin by the beach. Come down next January.

5. JAMES H on June 17, 2016 at 17:32

Bruised from the recoil? I’ve not fired an AR-15 but I did fire the M-16 many times (not in combat) when my ship received the rifles back in 1971. Assuming the recoil spring in the AR-15 is anything like the spring in the (old) M-16, the recoil against the shoulder is approximately the same as one of those brutal .22 long rifle cartridges.

Bruised from the recoil? Jesus H. Christ on a Crutch, what a fucking pussy. I thought my contempt for liberals had bottomed out but I was wrong.

• Richard Nikoley on June 17, 2016 at 18:09

This is the thing about some people, but leftists and Democrats in particular in this context.

Of course he has no bruise. If he did, he’d have a pic. A 12-g shotgun can make a bruise.

But in this context and other victimology contexts, the left is what I call “automatic liars.” Automatic is the operative element. They lie automatically and naturally, second nature, in service of the narrative.

• thhq on June 18, 2016 at 08:15

Ralph Peters tends to rant but one thing he said in this article really struck home with me.

Hillary and The Donald are children who never grew up in the 60’s. Arrested development cases. Tremendous egos that earned tremendous wealth. For themselves.

The so-called gun filibuster, and the flamboyant parades, and the presidential rant, are all about getting air time for reelection purposes, not about preventing massacres. Pandering and posturing in the Age of Entitlement, forgotten 5 minutes after NBC news and replaced by a crocodile, or alligator, or cute puppy, or greatest voice, or whatever.

Could we talk about the national debt and the Fed’s hesitance to support the dollar? Please?

6. Ed R. on June 18, 2016 at 12:45

If that is his genuine reaction, I would suggest he lay off the drugs. My AR certainly doesn’t have that power. A .223 is so feeble it can’t even be used for hunting anything larger than a deer where I live.

• Richard Nikoley on June 18, 2016 at 13:06

We hunted with .243.

Was shooting them since I was about 5 or 6.

7. John on June 18, 2016 at 13:12

Maybe he was shooting the ungodly round known as 5.56. Lmao.

8. […] For those with reading comprehension skills, the post and comments are here: Orlando Shooting and the Tautology Of Gun Controls and Bans. A follow-on, here: Gersh Kuntzman Is Getting Everything He Deserves. […]

9. Brian Landry on June 22, 2016 at 05:13

I mean, the first 4 letters of the guy’s last name says it all….

10. […] is what I have been telling you (here, here, and here). There are three principle issues in play that require […]

11. ramon on June 25, 2016 at 16:24

I believe all women that join the marines or army have to qualify at the range with M-16s. What a puss. A .223 is a weak as rifle good for small game, or antelope and humans. It is a good military round becasue it is so benign to shoot, and thus increases confidence in “scared” shooters.
    A .12 gauge shotgun with high brass or a .30-06 kicks.

Additionally all of the women in my National guard unit had to qualify with colt 1911 .45s..that was a little harder than the M-16s, but they did it.

what a spin.

12. Old Fart on July 1, 2016 at 06:59

I saw this in a comment above from Richard Nikoley. It made me really think “Hillary is their President, perhaps the most thorough and complete automatic liar in all of American political history, and she gets away with it in the media because she has a vagina and not a cock.”

I suddenly thought…are you sure she does not have a cock???