Danniel Hannan, Member EU Parliament, Gives The Most Coherent Argument For #Brexit

This was a short speech given to the Oxford Union shortly before the #Brexit referendum, by a guy looking to be voted out of his job.

Now, interestingly, this speech was even more specifically for the Oxford Union to adopt a proposition.

The Motion: This House Believes the United Kingdom Should Leave the European Union.

Daniel Hannan MEP continues the case for the Proposition, as the third speaker of eight in the debate.

The motion was defeated.

Of course it was. They’re all looking for a looter’s job, not to foreclose themselves of such future “prospects” and “opportunities.”

Elixa Probiotic is a British biotech manufacturer in Oxford, UK. U.S. Demand is now so high they’ve established distribution centers in Illinois, Nevada, and New Jersey.
Still, sell-outs happen regularly, so order now to avoid a waiting list.

1. Thomas Mann on July 1, 2016 at 12:22

Bravo! Great speech.

• hap on July 2, 2016 at 00:19

Our politicians could only dream of articulating such salient points……..WITH their teleprompters.

2. John on July 3, 2016 at 19:32

Seriously, just a great speech. Great insight from someone who works inside the beast. His realization that multinationals LOVE regulation is worth the entire video. I’d invite every liberal and Bernie Sanders supporter I know to just watch that quote. Then tell them to watch it 100 more times.

I’d say Danniel Hennan would truly understand the title “Free The Animal.”

It’s so weird, as I am not going to be directly affected by the Brexit, living in the US and all, but I have been so proud of the Brits, and very happy with the Brexit vote. Maybe, just maybe, Idiocracy isn’t destined to become a documentary after all.

• Richard Nikoley on July 3, 2016 at 21:36

You feel it too, don’tcha?

• John on July 4, 2016 at 18:07

I DO feel it.

It is very funny to me that everything that was supposed to happen politically this year just didn’t. The Brexit was supposed to be handily defeated, yet it won. Jeb Bush was supposed to be the GOP candidate, but he got less electorates than Ben Carson. No way was Trump supposed to do anything, yet he is the candidate. Hillary, with a 400 superdelegate head start, couldn’t put it away against her one non-serious competitor before Trump locked up the GOP nomination. And while I pretty much can’t stand anything Sanders stands for politically, I admire that he simply won’t concede before the convention.

I happened to see an old college friend last night that I hadn’t seen in at least a decade, maybe 2, who tends to run pretty much on the democrat/liberal side of things, least last I remember. After many drinks, he just happened to say “It’s too bad there’s not a place to explain your vote on the ballot.”

I was a bit puzzled, and asked “Why?” He responded, “Cause then I could just vote Trump, and in that section, write “Cause FUCK YOU.”

• Richard Nikoley on July 4, 2016 at 20:18

The left is a religion at this point.