Time To Get Serious About Hillary

Take your pick.

But don’t forget, she has the ability to laugh; and also, it’s either that she doesn’t have a penis and testicles, or that she does have a vagina, that seems to be very important.

I told you this was going to be serious. I mean it. So here.

Bring me another Margaret.

Britan now has complete moral authority to laugh their asses off, at us. Perhaps 1776 was a long-term view.

1. Ron on July 29, 2016 at 19:21

Hey Richard, as a long time reader of your blog, I have listened to your opinions about many things. So I thought I would give you one of mine. Your blog is boring me to death, it has no direction, and it’s been quite some time since you’ve published anything remotely interesting. Maybe it’s time to look where it’s going. Just one man’s opinion ,for what it’s worth.

• DML on July 30, 2016 at 02:09

Right, right… His post’s revealing the stupidity and outright evil of the Leftist’s is not even remotely interesting.

Nothing like showing ones true colors?

• Ron on July 30, 2016 at 04:53

What I meant by that comment is I read FTA for ideas on diet, exercise and such not political commentary. Politically I cant stand Hillary, and will be voting for Trump in November, and I don’t
      need you DML to tell me about my true colors.

• Richard Nikoley on July 30, 2016 at 08:49

I’ve always tossed politics and important current events like gun and terrorism stuff into the mix. Nothing new.

• Richard Nikoley on July 30, 2016 at 08:51

…But if it’s any consolation, I have one more post in me about the election stuff, then up next is a post on RS and potato starch in particular.

• Bret on July 30, 2016 at 09:34

“What I meant by that comment is I read FTA for ideas on diet, exercise and such not political commentary.”

Hey, that’s fantastic. Many of the rest of us do enjoy the political content. I wonder if you have considered the possibility of simply ignoring the political posts and going on about your day, rather than complaining about the “direction” of the blog. It’s not all about you, homes.

• Ron on July 30, 2016 at 11:58

Good point Bret! Guess I am just a little tired of Hillary. Just trying to give Richard a little feedback about what I like to read about on his blog, didn’t mean to imply it was all about me. Homes

• LaFrite on July 30, 2016 at 22:50

Boring ? Maybe … Necessary ? Absolutely. The bitch must not pass. As Gandalf once shouted to the balrog hiding under Moria: “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! GO BACK TO THE SHADOW WHENCE YOU CAME!”. That’s what the US voters should tell this woman loud and clear.

2. John on July 29, 2016 at 20:03

Well, as another man’s opinion, I’d say the blog has been really engaging recently. I just think you should have also included this iconic clip from The Naked Gun, as it basically sums up what the mainstream coverage of the DNC was like- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT2gMBDq69I

Your blog also got me thinking about Jill Stein (you know, one of the 16 female candidates for president that ran before the FIRST EVER candidate for president), and how, politics aside, she deserves credit for not being the subject of an FBI investigation, for not taking donations from foreign governments and warlords, and for not staying married to her adulterous husband simply for political gain.

Which made me realize just how low Hillary has set the bar. I was giving someone credit for NOT taking bribes, NOT committing treason, and NOT tolerating her husband’s publicly exposed affairs?

• Richard Nikoley on July 30, 2016 at 08:35

Heh, funny clip. Just shared it on FB.

Margaret Thatcher sure does offer a contrast.

“Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell someone you are, you aren’t.”

3. Evan Eberhardt on July 29, 2016 at 22:25

It’s actually quite sad that one of the most vile corrupt women in all of human history becomes the first at a real shot at the US presidency. Seriously, who was a worse woman? Elizabeth of Bathory, perhaps? Such heinousness is usually reserved for men. But not when it comes to Hillary. And the Democrats nominate her. Unbelievable.

Climb aboard the Trump Train and flatten this cockroach come November.

4. Bret on July 30, 2016 at 02:33

“Bring me another Margaret.”

Amen.

• king of the one eyed people on July 30, 2016 at 11:41

And another… I’d like one too.

5. thhq on July 30, 2016 at 07:18

Not Margaret Thatcher and doesn’t want to be. An free-abortions-r-us wonk in a state of arrested PMS.

Andrew Jackson founded Memphis. Trump built towers. Hillary is 4 more years of “you didn’t build that”. No Manhattan Projects, no peace in the Middle East, just more jobs sent offshore. Progressives consider building debt to buy entitlement votes and Wall Street donations a signature accomplishment.

• thhq on July 31, 2016 at 08:14

The signature accomplishment is $10 trillion in new debt deployed to buy 10 million swing votes in 2012 and prevent regime change. A million dollars for each vote. Nothing in there for brick and mortar. The Medicaid and food stamps are a pittance compared to the part of that money spent shoring up banks and Wall Street.

Do Hillary OR Donald continue this politics-as-usual? I think Congress can bludgeon Hillary better than they did with Obama and shut down the guv minting. Not sure about Trump.

• Bret on July 31, 2016 at 08:37

“The Medicaid and food stamps are a pittance compared to the part of that money spent shoring up banks and Wall Street.”

Agreed. This is why I get so impatient discussing economic issues with right wingers. All they ever want to talk about are the welfare programs, but they haven’t the first damn clue about the endless torrent of corporate welfare pouring out of Washington. Their rigid ideology in the absence of useful information translates to the equivalent of obsessing over a crack in the foundation while the roof is on fire. Both are problems, but one is a much bigger and urgent fucking problem.

That’s not to say the Republicans are the only source of this problem, of course. Nor is it to say left wingers are in any better shape on the issue. They want to fight fire (big money special interest rent seeking) with fire (socialism/communism/fascism), instead of putting the original fire out. It’s all insanity. People are such idiots.

• Richard Nikoley on July 31, 2016 at 09:41

…And of course, for the right, no amount of military spending is enough, no matter how wasteful, no matter how crazy the procurement process is.

The other day there was an old, well maintained or restored WWII or Korean era Jeep untilty vehicle parked in town. Perfect in simplicity and function. Cheep to build and maintain, reliable as hell. Now, while I’m sure there are good uses for the Hummvee, it’s mostly an enormous, overblown, expensive overkill for most basic transportation and untilty function.

And that’s just at the base levels. Look at the disaster with the modern fighters. Crazy expensive to produce and maintain, finicky and unreliable a lot of the time according to reports I’ve seen. And what marginal super advantage are they over the F-14, 15, 16 and F/A-18? And even then, look at the Century series.

It’s largely a big damn mess that mostly benefits “defense” contractors.

• thhq on August 1, 2016 at 10:56

You pick your battles to gather votes. Bush picked Iraq, the TSA and Medicare Part B. All incredibly expensive. Obama picked quantitative easing and expanded Medicaid. Arguably more expensive, but a borrowed 2016 dollar doesn’t have the buying power of a borrowed 2004 dollar.

What galls me about the quantitative easings is that they weren’t designed to help people. At a million dollars a person, the guv mint could have bought up the mortgages and handed over the deeds to the suffering. Instead, they were put in line to borrow from the strengthened banks, who had no incentive to treat poor credit risks.

• thhq on August 1, 2016 at 20:33

oops wrong letter – Bush signed Medicare Part D – the free drugs for seniors program

6. Baby Girl on July 30, 2016 at 20:12

Are you kidding me first commenter? Nikoley’s take on the political situation in our country is one of the most interesting out there! And I read a ton of news articles and commentary daily.

He cuts to the chase, and tells it like it is.

7. Craig on July 31, 2016 at 10:38

I don’t get it. You don’t vote. You suggest that people who do vote are mindless sheep. So why bother to rant and rage about the upcoming election? You might as well rage about the unfairness of the weather, or the rigidity of the phases of the moon. To you, it is all an act of doG, anyway. Just random shit to deal with. Chill man, relax, go fly your hang glider.

• Richard Nikoley on July 31, 2016 at 12:01

“I don’t get it.”

Obviously not. Conversely, I understand the nature of your comment perfectly.

8. Woodchuck Pirate on July 31, 2016 at 12:49

I can’t be paid to live on my knees so I have to die on my feet. It’s absurdly humorous to watch sheep on their knees, cast aspersions at men on their feet, begging them to be quiet. It’s as if they have no clue that from where real men stand, every politician is on its knees.

Regarding the commentary on Richard’s creative license, I would especially appreciate a post devoted to perfection in form, that being asian female. I like resistant starch but c’mon in a world full of Arkansas werewolves and armies of manchildren on their knees, real men have no limitations.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

9. thhq1 on August 11, 2016 at 05:36

Watching the daily fabrication of Trump scandals since the conventions it’s getting boring watching the tail wagging the dog. It’s part of his strategy to get free “negative” publicity, then using his face time to highlight Hillary’s far more serious ethical problems.

But which of these two chimps is going to take on entitlements? I think neither. I found the following interesting, because it highlights the importance of Congress in flattening the spending.

The great entitlers were not the presidents of either party but Democratic Congresses. By a 4:1 margin. Republican Congresses held the increases back under Clinton and Obama, Democratic Congresses shoved them through under the Bushes and Ford.