Roundup: Obamacare Death, Trump, Journalism, and Tax My Kids

obamacare

Morning readings today.

Obamacare has gone from the president’s greatest achievement to a ‘slow-motion death spiral’ (Bob Bryan, Business Insider)

My oh my. What a disaster, and all because of that hackneyed praise “health care,” combined with general economic illiteracy and ignorance of business.

And those of us in possession of such competencies said it from the start:

1. You don’t turn true insurance into a lifetime bumper-to-bumper extended warrantee and “save money.”
  2. Huge numbers of people won’t sign up until truly sick, since they can’t be excluded, thereby paying nothing when healthy and underpaying when sick.
  3. It’s going to cost more, not less.
  4. You will be forced to abandon catastrophic care policies you’re happy with (insurance) for much more expensive “health care” where you end up subsidizing all the millions who have to go to the doctor with every case of the sniffles.
  5. It’s just a prelude to calls for single payer, i.e., national “health care.”

And all of that and more has come to pass.

And people toss around this “single payer” nonsense like it’s some light switch or something. What does that even mean?

Does it mean the federal government is going to close all those billion dollar companies and steal their customers, or simply nationalize the companies like good communists?

obamacare-premium-map

Where have all the savings gone, long time passing?
Where have all the saving gone, long time ago?
Where have all the savings gone?
State cronies have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Don’t Be like the Man Who Married His Mother-in-Law (Clarice Feldman, American Thinker)

While Hillary and Obama vacation on Martha’s Vineyard, there’s been a disastrous flood in Louisiana and a large humanitarian crisis as people’s homes and possessions are destroyed and aid difficult to get to those who need it.

When people chided Obama’s non-response, he issued “a 16-page guidance “in which he “warned Louisiana recipients of federal disaster assistance against engaging in “unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency).”

Trump flew down there in his own plane, talked to local leaders, toured the devastation and donated an 18-wheeler truckload of supplies. A resident of the area, Courtney Falker Peters, posted a description on Facebook of what Trump’s visit was like and what it meant to the stricken residents…

The whole thing is a good read, as is lots of the stuff that comes out of American Thinker. I’m an anarchist. I’m not a libertarian per se, and that distinction would be ridiculous to even attempt explanation before democrats and republicans and independents.

Trump is the really the clear candidate for anarchists for important reasons and distinctions.

News Flash: everyone wakes up Nov 10 with the same president.

I really don’t care to figure it out; this libertarian religiosity. My guess is that libertarianism is the child stage until you get to anarchism and understand everything and work it appropriately.

Nobody should be president, but someone will be.

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes (Michael Goodwin, New York Post)

Donald Trump may or may not fix his campaign, and Hillary Clinton may or may not become the first female president. But something else happening before our eyes is almost as important: the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it.

Well, Michael Goodwin, while it’s a good read overall, some of us see it a bit different. Some of us see it as reality being asserted, the truth comes out eventually, and dishonesty and lies being exposed.

This isn’t a “collapse of…journalism as we know it.” It’s simply that which has always been more fraud than virtue being exposed as such; and in particular, the hubris and pretentiousness of the thing holding itself out as not only what it’s not (objective), but engaging in blatant deception to hide the fact that its bias is not just willy-nilly carelessness, but principled leftist activism.

It’s always good to see things as they really are instead of “as we know it.”

NPR Lectures About Selfish Moms Having Kids in ‘Age of Climate Change’ (Mira Ebersole, MRC NewsBusters)

“Should We Be Having Kids In The Age of Climate Change?”

That was the audacious question NPR’s website and All Things Considered radio show asked on Aug. 18, as it promoted a college professor’s “radical” proposal that people need to have fewer children because of the “prospect of climate catastrophe.”

The academic proposed a “carbon tax” on children, to decentivize procreation, in wealthy nations.

NPR correspondent Jennifer Ludden reported that Professor Travis Rieder presented “moral” arguments to James Madison University students, claiming the best way to protect future generations from the threat of climate change is “by not having them.”

Straight up predictable leftist, socialist, communist playbook stuff. Recall the Chinese Communist’s one-child policy.

…Limitations or adverse incentives by public policy for having children. …Abortion on demand at the expense of others and to some extent, an almost celebratory exuberance over the “great wonder” that is abortion.

So, how long until calls for euthanasia for the old and infirm who are no longer “serving” a “useful” “role” in society—all while consuming “its” resources and exhaling C02 into “our” atmosphere?

After all, the stage has already been set, since about the only thing more “absolutely wondrous” than abortion is the so-called right to die (at the hands of an institution rather than it remaining a do-it-yourself thing, as always).

~ This is how you grill a pork loin to perfection.

IMG_0018

Hate dry grey pork loins? Then try it my way. Preheat your gas grill full high on all burners. Once hot, turn all burners to low, and turn the one off that’s going to be directly under the loin.

It’s best to have a remote probe. I have the iGrill Mini with the iPhone app, which is really cool. So, we’re grilling low and slow up to 130 internal temperature. Remove the loin, remove the probe, close and re-heat your grill, everything on high. Once hot again, up to 700 or so like with my 3-burner, 40,800 BTU Char-Griller, then you toss the loin back on for about 10 minutes, lid closed, flip for times (every 2 minutes).

Let it rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.

1. thhq on August 21, 2016 at 18:47

The daily hubris….

If the GOP wins and abolishes the individual mandate, there should be an opt-out. States that like Obamacare, such as the whole left coast, should be allowed to keep it. At their expense.

Trump rails against the rigged game. He owns casinos and he knows how to make a good a living on rigged games, but I don’t know if he can change the country’s stupid casino dog brain. Something for nothing accounts for 2/3 of federal spending.

Hillary on the other hand reminds me of a slot machine granny. As president her job is to sit on the stool, put in the coins and push the buttons. She’s taking over Obama’s hot machine. It’s Bill’s, and George Soros’, and Janet Yellen’s, job to fix the machine to pay out the jackpots.

And find more money for her to stick in the slot.

• thhq1 on August 22, 2016 at 12:32

Obama’s needle has hurt me personally. I’ve been paying for health insurance for 2 years since my wife and I retired. We don’t qualify for Obamacare and pay full rate for a gold plan, currently $1500 a month. If what we paid was fair market value in 2014, the 25% per year increases since then have been due to the mandate’s unexpected burden of extra health care costs. All participants share this pain, but it especially falls on those not receiving the subsidy. In effect the insurance companies have become de facto tax collectors, forcing insurance purchasers to shoulder the excess costs levied by Obamacare. Based on the 25% increase the mandate has cost me about $9000 cash out of pocket over 2 years. That exceeds what I pay in state income tax…leading to the next point…

One other neglected penalty of Obamacare is the effect of Medicare expansion on state budgets. States are constrained by debt limits. For those states that expanded their coverage, even the 10% share they must pay wipes out their discretionary budgets. In Oregon this means that higher education is defunded, resulting in higher tuition…and more student loans…. Hillary to the rescue!

• Bret on August 22, 2016 at 14:34

Hillary to the rescue indeed. Hillary supporters are convinced these massive increases are a function of greedy corporations and insufficient government funding/”controls.”

As point #5 alluded, it is impossible for me to imagine this train wreck was not part of the design from the GET GO.

• thhq1 on August 23, 2016 at 05:43

@Bret one entitlement begets another. Nothing happily breeding more nothing.

• bob r on August 22, 2016 at 19:18

No, they shouldn’t. It won’t be at “their” expense: it would be at mine. And I don’t want it. Which I believe is pretty much the definition of theft.

• thhq1 on August 23, 2016 at 05:48

but..but.. California is proud of its CalPERS. If they want more of Obamacare they can keep it for themselves. Don’t drag Texas and Florida along with them.

2. Hap on August 22, 2016 at 09:08

I am not an anarchist, perhaps I don’t really know what that means and wonder why it hasn’t “evolved” as much of a solution to any real human problems. I have come to conclusion that Libertarianism is highly flawed….based on arguments from Richard and others. A Libertarian literally cannot be a politician any more than Groucho could be a member of a club that would have him as a member.

Anyway, regarding kids. Do we not seem to be totally predisposed by our biology, remember ..the one that “evolved” over millions of years, to reproduce and at a rate that does not guarantee our own extinction????? Is this issue one of those requiring a complete “transformation” like was called for by the President, despite all the consequences, intended or otherwise? I begin to wonder why a Creator deity in “his” first statements regarding the Creation would proclaim be fruitful and multiply! It seems rather self evident unless ….well something. While multiplication may not be for everybody, it certainly might be important for the multitude and it’s chances for a future. It is a way of “paying forward”. It does not say, be fruitful and multiple, unless of course you fart and breathe to much, or develop technology that fucks things up some( but can be rectified without a death wish death cult). Maybe that’s why the LEFT loves radical Islam?

Anyway, I find ‘be fruitfull etc” to be sort of a warning as well as a blessing, a prescient concern for future solipsists.

While idiot University professors and self proclaimed ethicists pontificate endlessly about the dangers of human beings to the planet, the Danes have seen the future.

• Chris Pasco on August 23, 2016 at 12:07

Well we do have more people than can be indefinitely maintained, that’s pretty simple to work out. As for the Danes, many European countries have found that with a reasonably high distribution of wealth and a lack of immigration birthrates are falling, sometimes below the replacement rate (a lot of families who just want 1 child for example). Children are no longer economic contributors, and are generally expensive, so people put off having them and don’t have as many. This creates major problems down the road for our economies as people retire out of the workforce and aren’t replaced, meaning that fewer people are covering the costs of more people. The problem is that every baby boom tends to exasperate this problem, creating a chunk of old people who won’t be able to be supported by the population contraction after them unless it’s a frequent phenomena on a timescale shorter than a generation. The US itself would suffer slight population contraction without our large immigrant population, and are already facing the economic challenge of baby boomers aging out of the workforce during a time of stagnant wages and a smaller population to support them.

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2016 at 18:56

Chris:

Nice job of laying out some of the socioeconomic, even geopolitical realities.

My problem is the way in which people are facing those realities. Europe stated on this track like three decades ago. When I lived in France early 90s, the incentives to have French babies were pronounced. You could eliminate your tax burden by 4, get paid net for more

3. Todd on August 22, 2016 at 08:00

My true insurance policy has doubled since obamacare. Thanks dude. I could be using that money towards investments (or fun!) instead of towards a liability that was completely fine to begin with, but then who am I to make my own decisions on how my money is distributed, particularly if its going towards wealth building. Silly me.

Since Travis Rieder is such a morally superior white knight to suggest that people should be having less kids during this Age of Climate Change, and that man is the contributor to this change, perhaps he should heed his own morally just advice and fall on his own sword. It would certainly make the rest of us better off.

4. Hap on August 22, 2016 at 08:44

In your OCare list…..

1: You don’t decide that you have to completely wreck the healthcare system because 11million out of 390 million people are “uninsured” The system , despite it’s many faults and issues, did not require the imposition of a government top down plan for everyone to address the 11 million issue. (unless, of course, you have completely different ideas to transform the country).

2: You don’t jam through a national healthcare system through Congress by a) having no opposition party support or even majority citizen approval, unless you b) change the rules of the Senate and c) lie brazenly about the plan .

And regarding the “right” and possibly the “duty” to die? Well, I commented before about that asshole Ezekiel Emmanuel, pediatrician and professor of bioethics at Penn, has already stated publically he wants to die at age 75, having expended all his useful energies and utility to society. Even the La Times could not abide by his nonsense.

5. MikeT on August 22, 2016 at 12:26

Coming from a country that has a single payer system for most basic health care, I was surprised when the new insurance program was rolled out because you could see a long way off it doesn’t and cannot work the way it was implemented.

We have a lot of health care insurance providers who do quite well providing additional coverage, so it is a blend of the private and public. The public system is plagued with long waiting lists for some procedures, but for basic healthcare based on hard outcomes (death) we seem to be getting better bang for our buck than our friends down south.

• thhq1 on August 23, 2016 at 05:34

Obamacare is a smoke-and-mirrors trick. It’s like a money vacuum cleaner, diverting money from other entitlements as well as indirectly sucking it in through the insurance companies. The biggest cost is the expansion of Medicaid. While the insurance exchanges may well die for lack of insurance company participation the Medicaid expansion goes on and on. Medicaid is the single payer plan for the US…except that the recipients aren’t paying into it.

• Woodchuck Pirate on August 24, 2016 at 12:43

thhq1,

Medicaid is the largest component of my Chemung County NY, property tax bill. My wife and I strategically keep our wages under the 19 grand to be exempt from filing income tax return documents. Therefore we are exempt from obamacare penalty, and we do not consent or participate in buying any healthcare insurance. This nearly eliminates any revenue stream from us to the criminal medical monopoly. However, the county property tax medicaid bill is collected from us by force against our two New York State properties.

By not filing tax returns we are successful in not being auto-enrolled into medicaid by New York State gov’t. This protects our estate from being plundered upon our death instead of being received by our daughter who was born with cerebral palsy. It is a material fact that those between the age of 55 and 62 are specifically targeted and liable for estate recovery for receiving medicaid benefits even if they are auto-enrolled against their will by state govt(s), and no option to refuse it is offered. There is a monthly capitation charge accrued against auto-enrolled individuals within this age bracket even if they never use the coverage. This is no coincidence, it is resultant of strategic changes to medicaid law under obamacare to eliminate asset exclusion. This asset exclusion strategically facilitates targeted state attack against middle class assets, and of course anyone else (between the ages of 55 and 62) who finds themselves ensnared in this net.

Furthermore, taxes are included in the cost of doing business under GAAP and so renters are by cost analysis paying medicaid bills whether they are receiving medicaid benefits or not. I do not own any rental properties and therefore shoulder the medicaid attack in full.

Obamacare is a statist shitboomer construct designed and implemented to redistribute money from the working poor to the most affluent class, the socialist senior citizens. Having consumed their children and grandchildren’s future these socialist seniors now turn their eyes to the unborn. I prefer that individuals adhere to the non-aggression principle or die of the bone cancer they deserve. I say govern yourself accordingly and carry a rock. I hope to see the day the young satisfy their teeth.

Have a nice day.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Natalie on August 31, 2016 at 13:01

Woodchuck – this is where physical gold and bitcoin might come in handy.

6. William Strahan on August 22, 2016 at 21:10

Richard,

Been a while since I dropped by. I’m gonna do a quick touch & go. 🙂 Just gonna paste in a snippet from a series of Facebook posts I made back in March. I did an entire series on how I wanted 8 more years of Obama because everything was better under Obama. I’m retired, I own 3 times as many airplanes, my dog died during Bush’s tenure but my dog hasn’t died under Obama. Clearly EVERYTHING is better!

Anyway, here’s my section on healthcare costs cut and paste from one of those posts.:

——————
    Now, moving on to health care. I pay WAY less than I did under W. It hasn’t all been great under Obama, but that’s just because the full impact took a few years. First, the change due to Obamacare started to roll in, and the premiums for my health insurance went up. Then my insurance company had to cancel the plan I was on every year for a couple of years because the plan I was on wasn’t allowed by law any more!

Obama was working for me, and I didn’t even realize it! Finally, just last year I was only paying a little over $1000 a month to try to keep a plan close to the one that used to cost me about $650 a month at the beginning of his term. But that plan was slated to be cancelled as well, and the new plan was going to cost a little over $1100 for less coverage! Finally, the genius of the Obama system became clear: He was lighting a fire under me!

My teachers used to tell my parents that I could do great stuff if someone just lit a fire under me, and Obama was the man to do it! With his lovingly crafted motivation I finally went in search of something else and found Medi-Share! Let the people say “Amen!”

The full wisdom and planning that went into Obama’s healthcare plan weren’t immediately obvious to me, but that’s no one’s fault but my own. I apparently struggled to quickly grasp something so cleverly designed to lower my costs. I’m now paying less than one half of what I paid under W, and less than a third of what I did just last year!

So, with healthcare costs, once again the choice is clear: Obama for the win!
    ——————

Obviously tongue in cheek, but when life gives me lemons I squeeze them into my iced tea with a bit of stevia. Delightful.

Hope you’re well! Fly fast…

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2016 at 10:35

“Fly fast…”

That’s your job. Mine is to Sin Boldly.

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2016 at 10:40

…And Bill…

Now living permanently at the Arnold Cabin. I’m equidistant from both the airport at Columbia, and also Calaveras county (I’ve landed and taken off at both). 30-ish minutes.

How about have your wife fly you up here? I have two guest rooms. One we call The Cave. You don’t hear any sex noises. 🙂

7. William Strahan on August 22, 2016 at 21:14

OH, one more thing: This is a prime example of governmental thinking. Consider that this perfectly follows the rules of logic assuming the initial premise is true:

1) We have to do something.
    2) This is something.
    3) Therefore, we have to do it.

It all flows logically once the initial premise is accepted. And THAT is how governments grow uncontrollably. Just convince use that we have to do something, then come up with something, and by definition we have to do it.

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2016 at 07:42

“Don’t just do something. Stand there.” – Doug McGuff

8. Chris Pasco on August 23, 2016 at 11:35

Eh, it’s important to keep a reasoned approach to most things including health care in the US. I personally haven’t really been affected by health insurance since mine is entirely covered through my work, but personal experience aside, there is a complicated set of economics underneath the outcomes of insurance, public and private, some of which may not be popular. The first, and perhaps most important thing to note is neither single payer, nor unregulated private insurance pairs cost and outcomes well, in fact they’re both pretty bad at both, though private insurance tends to have better outcomes in moderate cases (Read: not too expensive, but not cheap), while single payer has better outcomes for minor ones often fully covering preventative care, which can save enormous amounts of money in the long term. The second detail is that America is particularly bad at turning money spent into health care, for several reasons, some of which I’ll get into, and some of which can and must be addressed to cut out the tremendous waste in our health care system. To give a perspective the US is near the bottom for developed countries in life expectancy (trailing the 1st world average by ~5 years), despite spending roughly 2.5x more per person than the average for first world nations.

With the minimal regulations that had existed for private insurance, one major way to save costs was to take a person who developed a long term illness which would be expensive to treat and find a way to disqualify them, despite the fact that they had been paying into that insurance for years or decades, and while not universal, it was pervasive in the insurance community. Things like this are the reason that government regulations exist in the first place, to protect consumers from corporate malfeasance, however patching that particular hole will always increase prices, since the true cost of health care is more accurately reflected when you can’t get out of paying for treatment.

There are a number of reasons why our outcomes are bad compared to the amount of money that we spend. Among them (in no particular order) are:

1) How our system has been developed over the years, both with regards to profit (at all levels of the health care process) and the byzantine patchwork of laws and bureaucracy that evolved around it.

2) The surprising prevalence of poverty in the US and the corresponding health costs (a lack of preventative care, and not being able to cover the burden they place on the system)

3) Obesity, poor diet, and sedentary lifestyles in general (A counter example is Japan which does not have to spend much to get highly positive results due to factors like their authoritarian implementation of healthcare including potentially significant fines for being overweight, both individually and to a corporation that employs overweight workers, often resulting in a corporate day starting with mandatory exercise. The average US citizen’s waist size is 5 inches over the legal limit in Japan)

4) While technically a subset of point 1, the costs prescription drug and specialized equipment is far far more expensive in the US than other countries (more then tripling the next nearest) for the same goods due to decades without price controls and protectionist attitudes towards those companies as well as blatant patent abuse.

5) Billing for the amount of service rather than quality of service
    -some correction has been attempted with positive outcomes regarding readmission and reduced costs

6) Our aging population, who require significantly more and often more expensive medical treatment than younger cohorts (This is a major problem which we cannot avoid and will continue to get worse for the next 2-3 decades). There are more people aging out of the workforce and simply aging, with fewer people to pick up the slack due to an extended baby boom followed by a contraction.

7) Insurers, with the current inefficiencies don’t make a significant profit and so there is no real room for them to move on their prices and remain viable

8) Wage stagnation worsens the problems seen in 2 and 6, with minimum wage not keeping pace with production gains or inflation for the last 30 years in this country, with the addition of a greater percentage of minimum wage jobs, allowing some companies, such as Walmart, to subsidize employee salary through everyone’s taxes, putting more strain on our existing medicare/medicaid system. A more popular point in this forum would be the impact on middle income earners who find health care taking up a larger portion of their overall costs each year as their wages have also suffered an extended period of stagnation and then decline for the past 16 years while health care costs increase. (The 60-80% income group is close to stagnation, while all lower groups have actively declined despite strong worker productivity and consequent profit increases)

For reference Walmart had a net profit of $14.69 B in 2015, foods stamps and medicaid for Walmart employees costed tax payers $6.2 B. A fair wage would leave Walmart with $8.3 B in profit over the same time period, however the cost to system overall is greater than immediately apparent, as having all those individuals on medicaid drives down profit margins along the entire healthcare system, driving up costs for all insurers, since they’re already working on a small profit margin and now have to pay hospitals and drug companies a little more.

Some of these things we can do something about, others will be much harder, requiring considerable economic or social reform to correct, and some are just problems we’ll have to deal with assuming we can’t get away with death panels /sarcasm/. Possibly the easiest way, affecting the factors with some of the greatest contributions to the problem would be to reform and simplify the laws and oversight of private insurance and the rest of the health care system (hospitals, equipment manufacturers, litigation, drug companies…), while also providing a public option which would compete against or supplement what is covered by private insurance, depending on the person and their circumstance.

There are ways to try to bring some of the necessary changes and reforms about if we want better outcomes, though this typically requires some thought into the problem rather than a knee jerk political reaction. You can also bitch and moan without thinking about the problem, perfectly valid, if empty option.

• Richard Nikoley on August 24, 2016 at 07:10

Chris,

Fair job of laying out a lot of the problems and in particular, how some problems drive others and then result in a positive (adverse) feedback, setting up certain spirals of problems.

But fundamentally I see no way to “fix the system.” Medical care is a value, a service and those things should be paid for, either out of pocket or via some mutual or insurance mechanism people use to cover the spikes (like you pay for all your routine auto maintenance and have insurance for the big stuff). This tends to keep routine maintenance rather reasonable. People really kind of have this notion in the realm of health care that at the end of the day they should get more out than they put in…that “someone” else will cover it. Fundamentally flawed economically and bad precedent socially and culturally.

So there are alternatives.

1. Doctors who are cash only. They keep prices down without bothering with all the red tape. Money for service. They run their practices like veterinarians. There is pet insurance, but it’s a pretty small sector of the business. Sure, $200 vet bill isn’t cheap, but it’s $200 and not $2,000 because of the way the business is structured around a cash model.

2. Al la Carte pricing, like Sugery Center of Oklahoma. http://surgerycenterok.com

3. Medical tourism. You can get a heart bypass in India now for like a thousand bucks and they are good at it because they do so many. My 78-yr old dad recently had a minor cardiac event, a small blockage requiring an agioplasy or whatever it is. In the hospital over night. Ambulance (he was conscious whole time, no extreme measures), overnight stay with intense monitoring, angiogram then procedure. Home and fine next day, two week Hawaii trip a few days later, then a 2-month road trip in the RV. The billing to his insurance was $130,000. It’s insane and highly unsustainable.

• Richard Nikoley on August 24, 2016 at 07:21

Now consider this, and ask yourself why.

Obviously, the uninsured are a potential market to serve and you can make money doing it. Big duh.

• Woodchuck Pirate on August 24, 2016 at 12:54

Chris Pasco,

All that you wrote, in complete avoidance of mentioning specific carveouts to the Sherman & Clayton acts. It’s a criminal medical monopoly. If you want to keep your criminal medical monopoly…

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

9. Woodchuck Pirate on August 23, 2016 at 11:41

As I read this post the question that arose before me was “why?”

Why isn’t Hap and others embracing anarchy? It’s been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a Republican is defined as a liberal who lies to themself. Libertarianism is defined as an aversion to real freedom, which means a Libertarian is a Liberal who lies to themself. Anarchy certainly already exists. There is no rule of law within what used to be called the USA, and there hasn’t been any since 2007 bailout termination of said mythical republic.

I’ve strategically moved beyond ego-misidentification and therefore arrive at the question(s) of “why” would the people who own the banks who own the governments who own the “nations” not seek to establish best practices in collapsing the myths (corporate fictions) of nations such as the USA with increased frequency? “Why” shouldn’t technology be an exciting catalyst to implement radical restructuring of human farming? In reality the livestock have never been less relevant and less profitable to maintain, and there are far too few predators left to cull the herd expediently. Is time not money?

“Why” should there be some unspoken cultural belief that the human farming industry must allow the slow grind of historical framework dictate their oversight of anarchy? It seems irrational to suggest that the status quo empire up/empire down dimwitted repetition will reward the farmers best for selfless decision making in the face of an impotent and childish herd refusing to accept freedom. “Why” in the world would human farming be maintained with a net sum zero gain when all they need to do is pull the plug and flush? Within the paradigm of people who own banks who own governments who own nations, anarchy is inevitable and promises greatest efficiency especially in the accepted reality that civilization is never sustainable.

Anarchy is already here, the cows are merely lining up in same order at the old milking parlor. When I was in my teens I helped a local farmer retrain cows to adapt to a new milking parlor route. It took plastic pipes across the noses to get it done. It weren’t rocket science and pipe is still cheap. You’d think humans might be a glimmer smarter than cows. Man is the human life-form over-rated. I wouldn’t want to own one.

In embrace of anarchy, things have never looked so immediately promising. I guess beauty is in the eyes and ears of the woodchuck. The irony rub is in how the “civilized” person thinks farmers are dumb. To them civilized folks I say enjoy the concrete steel and glass now ’cause it’s all goin’ away. Watch out for bear traps in the gardens at night. The TRUMP signs are a dead giveaway.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2016 at 12:33

I was looking for something.

“Man is the human life-form over-rated. I wouldn’t want to own one.”

Laughed out loud.

10. Jennifer Wilson on August 24, 2016 at 22:22

I don’t know how long you lived in France, but I lived in Germany. And the healthcare was much cheaper, and more effective.

Our healthcare system is a joke now and has been for some time. No, it’s criminal. And I could care less about all the displaced health insurance workers. So what? Our ever-“evolving” technologies displace workers consistently. Que sera, sera.

I have a neighbor who was singing the praises of Obamacare to me recently. Thank goodness for it! I mean, her children have some major issues, and had it not been for Obamacare, she would have never been able to afford their treatments!

All I hear is, “Please sir, can I have some more?”

Really, we are thanking them for crumbs. And of course, only some of us are lucky enough to get any of these. Others, like my brother (and many, many others) are completely screwed.

What a lot of nonsense. They’ve done such a fine job of programming us that we thank them for every morsel of dignity they throw our way.

• thhq on August 25, 2016 at 07:59

If Hillary had one crumb of honesty she’d ask for increases in taxes to pay for the underfunded entitlement we already have. A new dedicated Medicaid tax in addition to higher social security and Medicare rates. Higher taxes on every worker and business so that the Dreamers can benefit. Tweakers too. She’d sew up their grateful votes.

11. Woodchuck Pirate on August 31, 2016 at 13:11

Natalie,

Thanks for the suggestion on precious metal and bitcoin. I like silver bullion and have had some of our real estate plated as “joint tenants in entirety”.

Did you see the article on zerohedge discussing that the bitcoin hack/theft results in a “bail-in” from bitcoin owners? That’s got me steered away from bitcoin indefinitely. It seems the system is no more secure than the election voting booth machines so many people have faith in. Maybe Richard will do a post updating the information about the bitcoin “bail-in”?

By the way, sorry to reply as a new comment, but the “reply” link did not appear after your post and for someone reason seldom appears in my browser. I’m rather ignorant in these technical matters so I don’t know if the conflict is particular to me or not.

Have a nice day.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Richard Nikoley on August 31, 2016 at 14:20

“Maybe Richard will do a post updating the information about the bitcoin “bail-in”?

Gosh, and I just now read today about measures to really resrict cash, which strikes me as rather Ironic, since leftists and democrats want poor people above all, but poor people trade in cash.

Poor people will find a way to trade and they will prefer the ease of a medium.

In years hence poor peaple will be showing rich people how to do e-money transactions via text and smartphone,

• Woodchuck Pirate on August 31, 2016 at 15:06

Richard,

There’s a great podcast by Stefan Molyneaux. It discusses the “velocity of money” as a technical parameter. Folks stashing cash removes money from circulation and cripples the corrupt machinations of central banks; without the fiat deposited on their books they can’t leverage it through fractional reserve processes. That means they get limited on their attempts at securities market and currency market repo price fixing methodology. It is only a matter of time before cash is outlawed, at least the hundred dollar bill. My series 7 licensed career experience illuminates the evil men do. Fuck the corporate fiction of state.

The podcast was #3373 “Is economic collapse inevitable” with Mike Maloney & Stefan Molyneux and can be accessed at fdrpodcasts.com

Enjoy your day.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Bret on August 31, 2016 at 17:23

“which strikes me as rather Ironic, since leftists and democrats want poor people above all”

I think you’re giving those amateur commies more credit than deserved for being able to reason.

Then again, anti-cash is also at odds with their long held anti-drug-war stance. I suppose once the drug war & foreign imperialism are stopped [/fantasy], they’ll declare all the fascist economic controls to be righteous & sensible.

Same strategy as the Repugs; different pet projects.

• Natalie on September 1, 2016 at 05:55

Hi Woodchuck,
      I’m only now getting into Bitcoin but it seems that the hacks mostly happen with less reputable vendors (miners?). I signed up with Coinbase after listening to this podcast that goes into more detail http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/1850-bitcoin-and-ether
      Coinbase offers multiple levels of security (more than your bank I bet). It does report to Uncle Sam but I don’t know if it will have any effect on your estate.
      I was interested in buying some gold bullion and noticed JMBullion accepts bitcoin at a discount vs credit cards/paypal. Probably means there’re other vendors who do it.

12. thhq on September 3, 2016 at 07:14

This should be good for some morning laughs.

poorhillaryclinton.com

After hearing yesterday about the missing Blackberries, lapses in memory and not knowing that “c” on a State document meant “classified” I realized that I’ve heard all this before. It’s Poor Hillary time again.

I hope the Iranians liked those Blackberries they picked up at the Goodwill. She charges for her speeches but intelligence is for free.