This Video Ought To Make A Human Being Weep

I’ve published this image many times on this blog over years.

bzoxpfkcqaaww7h

Kabul, Afghanistan; circa 1972

Here’s a video.

Here’s what I wrote on Facebook earlier today:

A very compelling video. This is outright nihilism, the utter destruction of burgeoning Enlightenment in its tentative, tender, formative stages.

Radical Islam is an enormous, global problem, now; fully unconfined, and it’s squarely the fault of the left multiculturalists and feminists–as well as those on the right that have allowed it to proceed under their noses for so long, all while thinking we could bring “democracy” to these savages.

I could not get it out of my mind. I rail against the immigration, faux refugee invasion, but this is proof that these folks can be good candidates to join the enlightened world. And nothing would be more thrilling than to see it in my lifetime.

Until then, No Soup For You!

1. Hap on September 25, 2016 at 18:58

Radical Islam is irredeemable. Islamists may not be , entirely. But when folks from these cultures end up in America and struggle with the ideals. responsibilities .and paradoxes of liberty and freedom, they have a tendency to pine away for their millenias old authoritarianism and tyrannies. My wife made the observation, not necessarily a revelation, that the first generation immigrants have interests in assimilation, at least to a point. The second and third generations, having grown up in our society and like many others, totally devoid of the foundings principles and with appreciation of American ideal, they grasp at the trappings of the tyrannical notions of their ancestors. The Leftists, liked the Islamists, saw the virtue of playing the “long game” and the Left has hijacked most aspects of culture and education. The “march of history” is in their blood and fruits of their commitments are hanging from the trees.

This is different from the first newcomers to our continent, who by religious bent sought a communist egalitarian utopia, only to see it a catastrophic failure. The Plymouth pilgrims made an about face and experimented with freedome, primacy of the individual, and property ownership, which gave them a chance to thrive. Ultimately, this sort of thing was enshrined in our Constitution by wise and highly educated men and women from Europe.

I”d like to think that if our generations were properly educated, the chances for the survival of our Republic from the evils of Leftism and radical Islam would be enhanced. No fucking way. We are just going to have to fight our way out of this mess with the same commitment and long game……whatever that actually means. There will be no true or complete freedom from Leviathan or Radical Islam….in our lifetime.
    Surprises excluded, sort of like batteries.

• Richard Nikoley on September 25, 2016 at 19:42

I been watching your comments for a while, Hap.

Now I know who you are.

The bloodshed will be indiscriminate, and that will be a damn shame. But this antagonism is what the left insists upon, for votes.

• thhq1 on September 27, 2016 at 05:52

The college pictures of Hillary look so much like these Afghanis.

I listened to Trump rail against Hillary and Obama the enablers last night, and the great vacuum they left. I was ashamed to hear how Hillary responded to his charge of great nothingness. How she had fought to contain Iran and how pleased she was. Why troops could not be left in Iraq because Bush made a deal. Why we OWED Iran a planeload of cash. She was like a one woman Marx Brothers act.

Then she proceeded to chastize Trump for calling women at a beauty contest pigs. As was observed in Cold Comfort Farm by preacher Ian McKellan “There’ll be no butter in hell”,

there are no beauty contests in Afghanistan anymore.

The woman of 20/20 tunnel vision. What a grasp on world policy she has.

2. MikeT on September 25, 2016 at 19:03

Nothing new here, pre revolution Iran was a natural ally of the west, well educated, cosmopolitan society. The CIA engineered coup of the democratically elected government and subsequent replacement with Shah and subsequent brutalization of the population set the ground work the Ayatollahs.

• Richard Nikoley on September 25, 2016 at 20:55

“Nothing new here”

OK, everyone pause while MikeT whips out his cock.

Everyone get a looK? OK.

Anyone have anything of value to add?

• Hap on September 25, 2016 at 23:38

strangely….the first volleys in this struggle to reclaim our true heritage were not directed at the left…..which has only become even more left and radical egalitarian. The attacks were mobilized by a formerly silent majority who recognized the trans formation of so called conservatism to the side of the left….with its own , self anointed elites,utopian fantasies and willingness to engage leviathan and crony capitalism to create a “” kinder gentler” menagerie of special interests and web of deceit on its path to votes, at the expense of the constitution and unborn taxpayers. The right lashed out against itself. The left is used to these upheavals…..not so the right.

History will record this as strange and unpredictable……a surprise… A black swan. The process has yet to play out but something has happened …..we might call it a revolution? Revolutions……have a history of arriving stillborn. Even more so to marvel at the American version. Many were willing to sacrifice their lives, fortune, and sacred honor.

• Richard Nikoley on September 26, 2016 at 01:57

“A thousand points of light.”

• Joshua on September 29, 2016 at 06:12

You started to make the point I was going to make, but then you fucked it up because iamsosmart.

There is nothing new under the sun Michael. Including your (and my) observation that this isn’t new. If you’re looking for constant newness, go work at CERN. Or write a novel. Or take LSD.

I think you’re kind of correct about the cause for islam’s resurgence in Iran – the external forces that tried to shape the nation of Iran. Civilization is a neverending battle between people (individuals/groups/nations) who want to tell other people what to do, and people who don’t think they need a master. Advancement only happens when the masterless are ascendant. The warring superpowers tried to tell Iran what to do, and that nation responded by resorting to ancient practices, with predictable results.

3. hap on September 26, 2016 at 08:08

I now understand what GHWB was talking about…..with your help.

The Left is just reenacting the French revolution aND the Bolshevik takeover…….in slow motion. However forgetting or making common cause….wittingly or not withe Islamic menace.

There are more barbarians at the gates than I can count. I have every reason to fear the return of neo naziism. But I dont.

4. Jennifer Wilson on September 26, 2016 at 22:59

Unlike Mike T, I had no idea about this, and am so thankful for this post. How amazing. I am having trouble finding out what the absolute truth was- was it a small percentage that wanted to modernize/westernize? Only the elite? But then, does it matter? The fact is, they were not allowed to be. Coexistence does not really work with these types.

A warning from history, indeed.

• Amy Louise on September 27, 2016 at 05:44

Afghanistan and Iran were modernizing and cosmopolitan nations under monarchical rule. Communism destroyed them. Peasant revolts, aided by the US destabilized and sent them back centuries in terms of being modern and liberal (never ever believe we were really fighting communism…tin foil millinery on my part but it was always about securing cheap oil and allowing the drug trade to flourish, money talks and patriotism is for plebes).

The Shah of Iran was an interesting guy. I recently encountered by dumb luck some interviews he’d done. He was a hard ass who loved women but knew to ignore their counsel. He knew some people had to be alternately whipped and dragged into the 20th century but he was willing to do so if it meant prosperity for his people. The Ayatollahs ruined what was an ancient beautiful culture and burgeoning modern spirit. Iran and parts of Afghanistan sit on what was once ancient Persia, a people influenced by Greek philosophy and art and genes via intermarriage. If a kernel of that could be reclaimed, fostered, and allowed to thrive and flourish, I imagine we could at least play nice in the same sandbox if not be friends.

But our whore elites in govt and biz are too busy deciding which peasants they’re going to put on the suck and f*** rotisserie for their financial gain.

• Richard Nikoley on September 27, 2016 at 10:52

I Fucking love this comment. Who knew a chick could go geopolitical, poly-philosophical, and monarchistic realism all in one?

• Amy Louise on September 27, 2016 at 16:09

Oh, Richard. And I didn’t even go to Princeton, or attend summits in Geopolitics as a middle-school student, as my cohort in a French exchange program did. She was preferred over me in every way, from our host family to the college admissions board.

Oh, well. My lack of higher education certainly means no one should ever take me seriously. Of course, I’ve reproduced; my geopolitical wunderkind companion did not. Who is winning?

• Richard Nikoley on September 27, 2016 at 20:19

I want you right next to me in the zombie apocalypse, I’ll explain it to the wife unit. 🙂

• Amy Louise on September 28, 2016 at 03:29

That you get it is simply amazing. My sense of humor is so dense it barely registers, but I think we’re cut from similar cloth. Have a terrific day!

• Richard Nikoley on September 27, 2016 at 09:58

Jeniffer, the Enigntened mind tends to view all as some wavering chart with a trend.

This was a crash.

• Hap on September 27, 2016 at 10:19

Yes…article is long and I don’t think it is always spot on. Howver, I suspect it has some truth factor in that the longer the US creeps and now leaps towards true socialism the more its’ opportunity profile looks worse and ossifies. Mobility on the socioeconomic factor becomes controlled by the state (always in the name of “fairness” and the “children” or “womens issues”) and the state is corrupt and will naturally curry votes from the mob but dance to the tune of the “donor class”. It bothers me to have to resort to these cliché phrases but no time to be more creative.

His model, Canada, struck me initially as odd since it is full of socialism and paradoxes of Leftism. the answer is that Canada is not America or even a “little America”.

I would definitely be interested in your comments if you can finish and have time to respond.

5. venturecap on September 27, 2016 at 02:32

It’s astonishing how quickly things can change. The girls in that photo could very well be alive today.

• LaFrite on September 27, 2016 at 06:02

Go figure … hard to tell when all of them wear a burka …

• hap on September 27, 2016 at 08:18

There is some modest hope…….Switzerland parliament just voted to ban burka in public places. A symbol of Islamic misogyny. Some additional politics required to see if it sticks.

• Amy Louise on September 28, 2016 at 03:39

If they weren’t stoned for being sluts.

While I don’t like the burka or hijab in general, I can understand why it came to be, and how it came to be associated with female modesty. Hot hot sun beating on you all day, no chances to bathe or regularly wash your hair, a veil or head covering makes sense. Keeps heat, dust, and pests away. See enough people covered in that way and it goes beyond practical purposes and becomes fashion and custom. After a long enough time, it connotates good or bad and signals morality.

• hap on September 28, 2016 at 08:36

Perhaps……but as Richards video demonstrates, the “fashion ” statement changed to meet modern standards and different environment in Iran and to some degree in Afghanistan. ….custom be damned. The insistence and forced imposition of burka is misogyny. So how did genital mutilation come in the dust and heat? Even if not an Islamic invention…..perpetuated misogyny

• Amy Louise on September 28, 2016 at 10:04

Well I don’t mean to propose one single mechanism for all of the “fashions”, i.e. the customs of the people, and not merely the manner of women’s dress.

Accept something out of practicality and it becomes a necessary signal of morality/proper behavior.

As for FGM, I don’t understand it or it’s origins. Keep women faithful, yes, I suppose that is it’s own fashion/custom of sorts. Various cultures have various means of dealing with female promiscuity, and FGM and stoning are particularly barbarous methods. Iranians and Afghanis were leaving off these old customs before revolution brought them right back to ground zero.

In any case, what might have been a practical consideration and fashion at one point became a custom and a signal of moral behavior/cultural belonging that must be maintained in order to show that you’ve thrown off all modernity.

I note, however, that Muslims are more than willing to suck off the teat of modernists, and take our wealth and amenities and good nature and charity, all the while maintaining that we should not expect them to change even as they accept our largess.

• Natalie on September 28, 2016 at 11:36

There’re various ancient civilizations and tribes where everyone (including women) were rather skimpily clad. I also read the temple prostitutes in the ancient Near East used to cover themselves. In the Biblical story of Tamar, she cloaks herself to seduce Judah and he thinks she’s a prostitute. If true, it’s a rather ironic origin of the burkas.

• Hap on September 28, 2016 at 17:55

Natalie

I am smiling at your biblical reference. It is clear from this narrative that tribes and cultures were ultramodern in some of their modes of worship….ie sexual practices….getting it on publically was “Godly”. Although defecating at the idol of Peor or Baal leaves me a little flat.

Tamar did indeed disguise herself but was made up in the guise of a temple prostitute with whom Judah consorted willingly(with his daughter in law)…..and even paid a ransom item! You go girl!!! A burka she did not wear.

It is also interesting that the report of incident at all…in a purely morality play (which it was not) and that he did not “get away” with it. She took it to him and he was humiliated. So much for his patriarchal privilege.

contrast to the Koran, where none of the males are of ambiguous in their virtue….ever. Just a bunch of assholes all the time, taught to lie and deceive in order to advance their goals. Ie glady suck off the teats of modern largess and tell us to F off.

6. zn on September 27, 2016 at 21:50

Richard,
    Can you PLEASE watch this. It is possibly the best thing I’ve ever watched.

I watched it a couple of years ago when it first came out. Youtube then banned it, etc, etc.
    Anyway, it blew my mind, and answered so many question I had.
    I’d really love to hear other people’s opinion. Maybe it’s not all entirely accurate, but it presents enough of an alternate view that it’s clear that what we’ve been taught is not that accurate either.
    It is very long, but once you start it’s hard to stop.

• Hap on September 28, 2016 at 09:53

Yes, our Savior, herr Fuhrer was very maligned. Did you know he loved animals?

I should have known that the Universe would punish me for writing a statement up top about how I should have every reason to fear neo naziism…but that I didn’t. What I forgot was that Islamo fascisim is akin to Naziism….but without the panache and erudition of high German culture.

• Richard Nikoley on September 28, 2016 at 13:42

I had plenty of time today so just got halfway through it and I’ll finish it off.

First denier thing I’ve ever seen, but so far the denial aspects are pretty mild from what I might have expected. But what is very well done in my view is the absolute wanton barbarity of Salin and the Soviets and how the Allies knew this but didn’t care. And it is true as well that many populations in the east saw the German invaders as their liberators.

My dad was stuck in east Germany as a kid for three years after the war until his mom managed to get him out, under the Russian occupation. It was brutal. He almost starved to death.

Well, onward, will give more impressions after watching the second half.

• Hap on September 28, 2016 at 13:54

Interesting….sure some saw the Germans as “liberators” from the Stalinists but the Allies required the cooperation of the Soviets to defeat the Nazis. It was the Nazis who bombed and rocketed the crap out of Britain, occupied France, Belgium , Holland, and elsewhere…..destroyed the Atlantic fleets The Soviets had to wait their turn with the Allies although Patton would have had it another way.

All this stuff is well known. I don’t know anybody who was overwhelmed with the love of the Soviet army. I know many people who suffered at both the hand of Nazis and Soviets communists. However, this kind of approach to “alternative” history is just a smokescreen for the more than willing denier. The comments under this video are representative of the wholesale hatred for the main target of the Holocaust.

I am very happy your father made it out of East Germany.

• Richard Nikoley on September 28, 2016 at 17:13

Ok, you’re afraid of a biased view from the opposite side.

I get it.

• Richard Nikoley on September 29, 2016 at 08:36

Alright, finished watching it.

Very interesting from an “alternative narrative” standpoint. It’s well integrated and internally consistent. Is it the REAL TRUTH?

Well, if you take the victor’s narrative as the thesis, this as the antithesis, I’m sure there’s a more accurate synthesis lying somewhere between the two.

As to the denial stuff, I don’t really “know” anything about it beyond what has been presented in the standard narrative. And since there is great stigma associated with questioning it in any way, plus laws in many places making it criminal to do so, probably not a lot of motivation for serious academic historians (those with recognized and respected track records) to get closer to whatever a more accurate truth may be. Perhaps someday, when it has melted into the general brutality of history where millions dead is just as big of a number as hundreds of millions, or vice-versa.

I don’t see much point in dwelling on it now, though.

It is, however, important to point out that the Soviets and even the Allies did some pretty awful shit. The Soviet atrocities are very well presented and pretty verifiable. None of that was new to me. The allies did a hell of a lot of bombing of purely civilian targets, especially the Brits…later the Americans once that moral threshold had been breached.

Perhaps the worst aspect though, is that after the conflict was over, how the allies stiffed so many in the east, handing them over to the Soviets where they were killed, starved, or sent to work camps as slaves.

Anyway, it’s a worthwhile view, you’ve got to look at it with a skeptical eye, though, and especially understand that you are getting a complete, self-consistent narrative from a completely opposite perspective. That’s healthy, if you can keep your wits about you.

• hap on September 29, 2016 at 09:41

The Germans,with their penchant for order and meticulous record keeping became expert at “self verification”. Bleach bit had not yet been invented.

• Hap on September 29, 2016 at 13:38

“I don’t see much point in dwelling on it now, though.”

Correct….so why are we? Wasn’t this thread about the Islamic menace and not arguments about who was morally pure in all out civilizational war 70 years ago.?

• Richard Nikoley on September 29, 2016 at 13:45

Do you really want to take me on, on that point?

Does this mean you’ll never ask me to take a look at somthing you feel to be peripherally apropos, be surprised when I do, and actually comment on it?

Please explain the harm that came to you, Hap. Explain it, because I can’t understand why your pussy hurts about it.

• Richard Nikoley on September 29, 2016 at 14:00

Listen, for two decades I have at times found the standard narrative so pat, so convenient, that I have always wondered if there wasn’t more nuance.

One need not be a Hitler fan or skinhead to think beyond the narrative that is unthinkable to think beyond.

And that’s it’s unthinkable is a clue to why it is thinkable.

Think about it.

• Hap on September 29, 2016 at 15:23

Its your show. No I don’t have the inclination to take you on. What I would say is pronouncing the Holocaust a lie or that Hitler was a loveable guy who was misunderstood, is not unthinkable at all. IT is absolutely thinkable. One effect of having it brought out , sometimes ad nauseum, and especially by rabid deniers, is that it is not forgotten. That is the worst of results. I am extremely thankful that my family was not wiped out. However, I have seen and felt the pain of others who did and even more importantly, how they got their shit together and thrived. Now that I “think about it” maybe that’s why deniers are so bent out of shape, it was not quite effective enough for them.

You know US dropped a couple of nukes on Japan. That makes some people, well just about everyone, totally appalled. However, we all need to be reminded of why it happened and if there is nuanced story, tease it out. The Brits and Americans took out their vengeance on Dresden and Berlin….. The Romans overturned Carthage and sowed it with salt. All that shit and more is up for discussion.

I am not harmed by any comments made here. Mostly it is illuminating, and occasionally vulgar, which is how I sometimes speak to my friends….and we have fun.

• Richard Nikoley on September 29, 2016 at 15:25

So, Hap.

One of the assertions by the counter-narrative or antithesis is that there are no German records or orders for gassing Jews.

I’m saying off bat that I know not one way or another. But you say they kept such meticulous records that they’re hoist by their own Petard, if I catch your drift.

Care to point us to the meticulous records of mass gassing?

• Richard Nikoley on September 29, 2016 at 16:37

Thanks Hap.

I like your comment, could not have hoped for better.

I see no reason to continue. I saw a narrative from a 180 degree perspective and I found it interesting,

• zn on September 30, 2016 at 19:43

Thanks for watching it Richard. It was the first and almost only denier thing I’ve ever watch too.
      It made me really question all the official narratives that we get. A bit like 9/11 really, but this hit me more strongly because I really believed the official story of WW2.

What I find really interesting it that people like Hap get very offended without even beginning to look at the information. They are also very happy to think that the Germans are completely debased, and not blink twice.

Re not dwelling on it. I actually see it as quite important to dwell on it. The complete collapse in the economy before Hitler came to power, and then his decision to ban banks, provide housing for families, organised cruise holidays, etc., is very interesting. His ability to completely turn around the economy in a few years simply by banning the banking cartel speaks volumes. I feel that we are seeing a similar thing play out across the world as what happened post WW1 Germany. Flooding Western countries with new immigrants, zero interest rates, etc etc.

Anyway, thanks again for indulging me. An open mind and a willingness to look at things from a range of view points is the whole point.

7. Woodchuck Pirate on September 27, 2016 at 10:55

Capitalism has never existed anywhere at any time in history. The mixed economy model exists solely to farm up corruption fertilized with moral hazard. Statists are fine with this until they are held accountable, under their own knives. The founding slave owners of the USA were sophists not philosophers, and deliberately built the USA as a republic under rule of law with guaranteed outcome of hell per the mixed economy model. Welcome to hell. Do something about it, or don’t, I don’t fucking care, but answer me this anyone who has a charitable mind, “why fucking keep whining and running back into the fallacy of shelter within the mixed economy model?” Prison within prison is prison.

It achieves nothing to point at any collective of willing system slaves and call them bad prisoners for not following “prison bitch rules”. Any American citizen that thinks they will survive their own self-imposed system slave prison term by entertaining popular aversion(s) to principle may as well spend the rest of their days masturbating in the park. At least they’d be out of the way.

Civilization is not sustainable because it shouldn’t be. Let the dying bury the dead. The living are those not leaning on the unborn.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• Richard Nikoley on September 27, 2016 at 14:03

“but answer me this anyone who has a charitable mind, “why fucking keep whining and running back into the fallacy of shelter within the mixed economy model?” Prison within prison is prison.”

That’s easy.

Stealing is still easier (In all forms).

8. Natalie on September 28, 2016 at 11:29

Just to clarify, there’s no such thing as a radical Islam. When they murder and torture in the name of Allah it IS the real Islam. It’s what the Quran tells them to do. It’s those they don’t do it are actually bad Muslims and therefore are afraid to speak against their more militant “brethren” (not to mention, they probably feel affinity with them on some level).

• Joshua on September 29, 2016 at 05:07

I think in america we are just so used to secularism that we have come to think christian-light is the norm when it comes to religions. Hence any religion actually practiced is assumed to be “radical”. All religions are repugnant and serve only the elites.

Don’t accuse me of false equivalency though – I’d much rather be governed by fundamentalist christians than by fundamentalist muslims, though for a brief period after the initial jihad “people of the book” were actually treated pretty well – with a bit of a penaltax.

9. venturecap on September 28, 2016 at 17:00
  10. Rob on September 28, 2016 at 18:47

I am pessimistic about this. I recall Christopher Hitchens saying that he thought the West would lose this war, and I tend to agree with that. There are too many people who in their hierarchy of values place not being called a “bigot” or a “racist” above the care, safety and way of life of their families and fellow citizens.

11. LaFrite on September 29, 2016 at 07:32