2016 Election: Rush To The End

Back in the last couple of days of 2008 I was up here at the cabin in Arnold, tons of family were around, it was the holidays. I decided to do a one-dozen-post blog marathon in a day (you can pull it up in archives). I picked this song to blog, as my final post, right before midnight. I’ve put it up a number of times since. It’s the lyrics, man; plus, the tune is great.

The lyrics (copied down below) are prescient for the current End Times.

I’m dedicating it to the less deplorable,  more redeemable leftists andDemocrats out there who have been routed and slaughtered in the last week (Hillary is a mess, still), but aren’t the ones persisting with blather and drivel…. not rioting, destroying property, keeping people from their appointments and work, assaulting and battering, and are even beginning to see the light a bit, here and there.

Dedicated to you, the redemption worthy… If you want one, an Honest Theme Song, for a change.

Well I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer

Here’s a more modern Live and Studio version, but in what’s certainly infinite “wisdom,” won’t let me promote it for them by embedding.

Another very early version. You get the sense they developed their song book for many years.

Well I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer
And I can feel what you feel
It just makes you stronger

Well you can take me for a little while
You can take me, you can make me smile in the end

Ooh I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer
And I can feel what you feel
It just makes you stronger

[Chorus]

I know, I know, I know
Whoa, the feeling grows
I see, I see, I see
It’s got to be

Whoa yeah, whoa Yeah

Well, I can do what you do
You just do it better
I can cry like you cry
It just makes me sadder

[Chorus]

Whoa yeah, whoa yeah
Whoa yeah.. yeah!

Whoa, you can take me for a little while
You can take me, you can make me smile in the end

Whoa yeah

Well, I can shine like you shine
It don’t make me brighter
But if I think, oh, like you think
It don’t make my load much lighter

Whoa
Whoa oh

I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer
An I can feel what you feel
It just makes me stronger

Until the end, then….

1. poop monster on November 17, 2016 at 13:44

Anyone got any tricks to stop fapping? I cannot stop. It is ruining my life.

• Richard Nikoley on November 17, 2016 at 14:08

Google Hillary Clinton.

If that can get you off, then you need a visit to the gun shop.

• thhq1 on November 18, 2016 at 15:56

I’ve been shooting the letters out of all my new targets for the last couple days. Thank you Hillary et al!

• thhq1 on November 18, 2016 at 15:59

Right now my favorite shooting spot (only 5 minutes off I5) stinks from rotting deer guts dumped by the hunters. Once the maggots get through with the mess I’ll have some nice skills to shoot at too.

• thhq1 on November 18, 2016 at 16:00

er, skulls…

• poop monster on November 18, 2016 at 22:53

Hillary was smoking hot in her college days. Any one of those old black and white photos of her and I will be doing the five knuckle shuffle in no time.

I am serious though. It is ruining my life and I need to stop. I just can’t.

• Randy on November 22, 2016 at 17:29

Castration works pretty well.

2. Geoff on November 18, 2016 at 04:31

Really been enjoying these Rush videos. Strong deep pulls from a deep catalog. So ironic that many know them as a “progressive” rock band.

You’re doing a great job with the musical commentary, but may I be so bold to request two more that speak to me about the election?

“Closer to the Heart” – wouldn’t that have been a better fit as a campaign song for Trump than the Rolling Stones?
    “Freewill” – another dedication from us to the “less deplorable, more redeemable leftists and Democrats out there”.

• Richard Nikoley on November 18, 2016 at 09:34

I really don’t take them as Prog Rock.

I have Gabriel Genesis and Kansas for that. ELP.

• sassysquatch on November 19, 2016 at 06:31

Alan Parsons

3. poop monster on November 23, 2016 at 10:12

Please feed your blog. It’s dying here man.