Election Day: Not George Carlin This Time

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Like, voting, perhaps?

Usually, on any given election day, I put up my stock George Carlin vid on voting. Been doing it for years. Up to now, there was never a dime’s worth of difference. That’s not true, this time. The contrast is more stark than in any election in my lifetime. Reagan-Cater, 1980 was a poor rehearsal, by comparison.

Here’s the argument.

And, from Pat Condell, across the pond.

You know what? I regret that I didn’t register before the 15-day deadline here in California. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Had I registered, I’d go out and vote for Donald J. Trump, today.

My cynicism, my misanthropy, my curmudgeonly demeanor too, has limits. And while my single vote would never make any practical difference in anything, it would at least be a symbolic gesture.

Of what? you may ask.

Of love.

1. Jim on November 8, 2016 at 06:44

I’ve followed your blog for a lot of years now and logged in today expecting to see the George Carlin video as always.

I’m shocked.

#MAGA

2. Bret on November 8, 2016 at 08:42

Man, could Pat Condell have possibly hit the nail any more squarely on the head?

“He is a necessary antidote to the poison of political correctness that’s destroying western society’s immune system and making us weaker. We cannot afford to get any weaker, however virtuous it makes some people feel.”

“The whole political class, especially those in the Republican Party, have only themselves to blame for the contempt in which they are now held.”

• Bret on November 8, 2016 at 08:48

I have long held the Republicans in complete and total contempt. They’ve run an absolute mess of a political party for decades now, a party that does not represent the people or any so called conservative values.

That crack Pat Condell made in the video about Clinton being willing to say “literally anything” to get elected applies aptly to the GOP as well. That is why I do not feel one tenth of one shred of sympathy for them in their current predicament—whether Trump prevails today or not.

A couple months ago I thought the death of the Republican Party as we know it was imminent. Now I am sure it is already underway. Good riddance.

• Jbg on November 8, 2016 at 14:22

Pat Condell, Milo, and Stefan Molyneux. Interesting how our perspectives can be shaped by two Brits and an Irish Canadian. I love these guys.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:50

It’s true.

Common core, I suppose.

I was surprised about Stefan. I have called Milo the next Hitch for a while.

• gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 16:34

Moyneux is a weirdo. I watch Lionel Nation on YouTube. And, even though it’s awkward in presentation, H.A. Goodman. That dude keeps plugging away at the Wikileaks stuff. MSM is criminal in its support for Clinton. Disgusting. I’m Canadian, btw.

3. Jared on November 8, 2016 at 08:52

Nice. Did he steal that speech from Bernie Sanders?

The difference is Bernie’s policies were consistent with dismantling plutocracy and Trump uses the rest of his breath to tell his evangelicals he’ll get enough people on the supreme Court to make abortion greatly illegal again. And then after makes sure everyone knows Jon Stewart is a Jew and he’s going to do something about these damn Mexicans too.

Ultimately you’ve been taken in by a story with no substance. You lack judgement. And you probably thought transformers was a pretty great movie too…

• Bret on November 8, 2016 at 09:37

“Bernie’s policies were consistent with dismantling plutocracy”

Sure they were. Using a strategy that requires great, big government.

Indescribably stupid.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 09:45

Jared is currently the biggest fucktard in comments.

Let’s just let him expose himself more.

He’s only here because he’s a sore loser.

Everyone understands that, right?

• thhq1 on November 8, 2016 at 15:46

Nice to see the hyperbole flying in all directions. Jared, did anyone ever call you Sparky?

• gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 16:40

Watching from north of the border, it was really amazing to see how the Dems got old fart Sanders up against Clinton figuring it would be a cakewalk for her. And then, oops, it wasn’t so they had to rig things. Sanders was just a prop.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 17:09

He trounced her in New Hampshire.

That’s when DNC got in gear for the establishment.

4. Geoff on November 8, 2016 at 09:39

Richard –

Been following you for several years, and I’ve got decidedly mixed feelings about this post. The honesty in expressing your regret for not registering is on par with the honesty you’ve shown previously, but this after the fact “woulda, coulda, shoulda” shtick is a pretty weak confession of love. Sounds more like vacillating indifference. If it were love, then shouldn’t you have at least registered? If the deadline passed, and you’d boxed yourself out, why not revel in it? Throw up both middle fingers and post GC again for old times’ sake. I guess that for all the thoughtful introspection and retrospection I’ve seen from you here, I just never expected you to express regret for not voting, and especially because you’d missed the registration deadline. So thanks for surprising me with your open honesty. It’s refreshing to see another side of your thought.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 09:51

It just never occurred to me until a couple of days ago.

Not voting or bothering has been my thing now for a long time and I normally don’t get too overwrought in political stuff.

But as you may know, this struck me way differently and I’ve been at it hard for nearly a year…though mostly on Facebook.

So, yea, I honestly say that I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t also take that other measure and register and vote.

• Hap on November 8, 2016 at 11:05

Richard never said he was perfect. HIs prior position not dishonest and this one honest….both are honest. Can’t we just grant that circumstances play a part in decision making? Honesty is facing up to the fact that life is messy and full of apparent contradictions. I don’t see Richard abandoning his principles.

And Jared…..oh shit. Race and Jew baiting Richard. This stuff is so knee jerk and low. You obviously have read little of what Richard has posted over time. It has come to my attention over 64 years that accusers (especially habitual accusers) tend to be guilty of their allegations.

• Geoff on November 8, 2016 at 13:43

Wasn’t holding Richard up to perfection and never implied dishonesty on his part. To the contrary, I complimented him for his honesty. My mixed emotions were due to the fact that not voting was the last thing I’d have expected him to regret and that it was such a weak realization of regret.

Influencing minds is great. More noble (as I recall being noted elsewhere here) than a single vote. Yet if that single vote, just this one time, would have truly been a symbolic act of love, then do your love justice and make the effort to get registered.

To be clear, though, I bear Richard no ill will for not registering, not voting. I am not here to beat him up over it after he’s already expressed regret. What kind of animal would do that? I was just expressing my own – somewhat pleasant – surprise to see yet another side of him that I never would have expected.

You’re right: Life is messy and full of contradictions. We all have regrets, loves that slipped away for want of better decisions in the moment. You live, you learn, you grow. Hopefully you end up the better for it.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:36

I do not begrudge Geoff’s beat down a bit.

It’s cathartic, actually.

5. ChocoTaco369 on November 8, 2016 at 09:43

Richard,

Your internal logic on voting can be summed up by one, single image.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 10:00

Well, Choke a Taco 😉

It’s funny, voting. If everyone does it, it matters.

But if they held an election and nobody showed up, that would matter even more.

My personal heart in this is that I just love the people, generally, who support Trump and I loath viscerally the people who support Hillary and the global elite establishment.

I regret not being able to tell them I went and voted their way.

But hey, I’m going to the one local polling place here at 4,200 ft in Arnold, the Sierras, and going to talk to folk, maybe shoot some vid.

• Onlooker on November 8, 2016 at 13:58

As is so often, Richard, I see things exactly the way you do on this election. I too never thought I’d be thinking this right now. Of course I’m also seeing things differently in terms of immigration and nationalism, due to HBD, race realism, etc. I never cease to surprise myself! LOL

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:42

It’s more fun to live an honest life.

I owe nobody anything, not a dime or a kind word.

All that comes from me toward another is love or hate. No middle. I have nothing to answer for, be subjected to, own up to.

• ChocoTaco369 on November 9, 2016 at 06:28

Richard,

You are correct that one single vote is almost certainly insignificant, but that mindset you harbor is not. It is toxic. It is a virus. It spreads to everyone you know, love, hate and associate with. Being apathetic is the worst thing you can be.

Tell the people in Wisconsin and Michigan who haven’t voted in decades or have NEVER voted Republican that their vote didn’t count. Their vote was huge because they changed their attitude, and that attitude change was contagious. That zeal makes people rally around you, and when you promote that line of thinking, it becomes BIG. If you start believing your vote counts, that belief will spread and it’ll have an impact. It will.

I’ve reached a conclusion as to why blue states are riddled with debt, poverty, crime, insane costs of living and failing business environments. Many people think poor people vote Democrat. That’s not correct. People are poor BECAUSE they vote Democrat. It is a mindset. To be a Democrat today, you have to BELIEVE that you cannot succeed on your own and working hard isn’t an option because it’s a waste of time. You have to deeply resent those who are more successful than you, even if they earned every penny by busting their ass day-in, day-out. You have to BELIEVE that the only way for you to get ahead is for someone else to save you – in this case, the Federal Government. What a miserable existence it must be to believe you are helpless and there’s no point in fighting for what you want. That kind of attitude is toxic to success.

I reject both those notions. I look at successful people as role models, not effigies to burn.

6. Daniel F on November 8, 2016 at 10:38

Honesty: changing your mind when the facts change. That’s what we can always count on from Richard.

I completely agree. In the past it has been a false opposition, a controlled opposition. Not this time. It is Trump (on behalf of the people) versus THE ENTIRE Establishment (left and “right).

I didn’t vote much. Wrote in Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan in 2008, thought I’d never vote again. But I did this time. And I like Richard’s reason: it’s out of love. As with much else, the exact opposite reason that the Establishment would tell you is motivating people like me.

• Mark J on November 8, 2016 at 11:05

Amen to both you and Richard.

7. Lute Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 11:15

I voted absentee about three weeks ago (for Trump, of course). I know it won’t matter here in CA as far as the presidential election goes, no republican has wan this state since Ronald Reagan. But there are many measures that are important. I’ve been making it a habit to vote against any measures that cost more than 1 cent.

• Onlooker on November 8, 2016 at 14:00

Yeah, I think Calexico is lost for good. At least for my lifetime. We gave it back.

• John on November 8, 2016 at 14:17

I think Bush carried California in 88, though I would agree that was probably more because of Reagan than Bush.

But before you dismiss the idea of CA going red, I’d remind you of Gray Davis. The recall effort was driven by his desire to issue drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. And to replace him, non-politician celebrity Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger won in a fairly crazy election. Whether by design or accident, the Trump campaign hits all the same notes.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:45

That was my last electoral enthusiasm.

I knew the recall would win and the Terminator would win.

What an utter disappointment,

• Howard on November 9, 2016 at 13:58

You only think you voted for Trump. If you voted absentee, you probably voted for Clinton. Same goes for a lot of folk who thought they were voting straight-ticket “R”. Trump actually won by a much larger margin, and the cheating Dems underestimated how hard they would have to cheat.

8. Resurgent on November 8, 2016 at 11:26

An awakened man simply lives moment to moment in pure honesty. But his honesty is not according to the past, according to any promise, according to the church or according to any scripture. It is according to the moment. He responds with his total consciousness, he does not hold anything back.

Richard, you are honest just for the sheer joy of being honest.

You have strange ways of reminding us why we keep coming back here.

9. Dave on November 8, 2016 at 11:28

Will be watching closely from here in the UK and wishing you guys the best of luck.

I placed a chunky bet on Trump yesterday at odds of 9/2…

• thhq on November 9, 2016 at 08:22

Payola for you!

10. Sam on November 8, 2016 at 11:38

I started reading your blog a little over a year ago, mostly concerned with potatos and weight loss. The politics sort snuck up on me, and completely changed my perspective.

The honesty, the lack of caring what the fuck anyone thinks you should do… and the thoughtfulness within this “rude” veneer. Magnificent.

So, thank you, I really appreciate what you are doing here and what you’ve done for me

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 12:04

Ha, Sam, you just brought slight evidence of moisture to an eye of this rude dude.

Thank you, sir.

• Hap on November 8, 2016 at 13:52

Don’t go wobbly….

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:39

No, not ever.

Knees are solid.

11. Ramon on November 8, 2016 at 13:25

I can’t wait to get back to, Ray Peat, not washing hair, peasant diets and potatoes, the LC and paleo zealots, and commentary on the new political situation after HRC is elected ( I think she is going to pull it off…but not holding my breath)

Ramon

12. John on November 8, 2016 at 14:34

Nice. I’ve been hearing the platitude “Oh, what difference does it make? They’re both the same.” Clearly, some people are just on autopilot, repeating the same things they would in any election. No doubt this one is different. Yuuugely different.

Yep, Trump got my vote. If ever someone earned it, it was Trump. By telling off the media. By telling Hillary, to her face on one of the most watched broadcasts in history, that she belongs in jail. By listening to people’s concerns. By talking about issues no one else even wanted to touch. And by giving it his all to the very last day, while his opponent ran one of the laziest and most entitled campaigns ever.

I don’t know if I’ll ever vote again, but I just couldn’t sit this one out. I think Pat Condell summed it up nicely, although I disagree with him on one point- I’m not sure you could have a better Presidential Candidate than Donald J. Trump.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 14:54

I’m clapping.

• thhq on November 9, 2016 at 08:28

Yeah yeah you were right. But not by much. He better not be another Ahnold. Reagan used to tear gas people’s park…the good old days.

The loss of my mandated Obamacare, and women getting their bathrooms back, is enough for me.

• gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 16:46

Hillary Rotten Clinton. Good luck if she wins. Goldman Sachs is rooting for her. The Rothschilds are rooting for her. Dirty rotten pigfuck.

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 17:10

The entirety boggles the mind.

• Hap on November 8, 2016 at 18:35

Go trump….and Sheldon adelson, Steve wynn, New York observer, crown heights…..

• Woodchuck Pirate on November 9, 2016 at 09:58

Trump advocates no-fly-list(s) to skirt the 2nd amendment; aversion to principle (pragmatism) never achieves more than giving a leg up to the enemy. The enthusiasm for the Trump revolution smells identical to the Obama euphoria 8 years ago. When the bar is lowered to “impossibly” imagine a presidential candidate that does not advocate inalienable rights, statism is truly dead. That point arrived decades ago. I also doubt Trump will back-pedal from advocating torture. Perhaps another 8 years of cannibalism will be caustic enough to the collective ego(s), to manifest enough inner-city population decline and reset a minority to embrace valid philosophy.

I can recognize the contrast of the rising voice of working class citizens against the posturing of fascists and useful idiots such as Bruce Springsteen. However, it ain’t the city folks that elected Trump. The Hillary voters still hold the money bag, and the working folks with real dirt under their fingernails don’t want any common ground talk offered by city voters.

When Trump cashes out (and he will) the eyes of them (rural woodchucks) that got nothing left to lose will turn toward the old socialist seniors and government workers within a hand’s reach. Out here where the roads turn to mud, action doesn’t favor company. Woodchucks out here see only two people on their side and that’s themselves and Trump. When someone buys Trump up and away from them, welcome to purest hatred. It’s good to hate. Lots of people do it. It must be good to hate.

Trump should have been wise enough to be careful what he wished for because woodchucks here ain’t gonna’ temper their hatred against him if (when) he betrays them like every statist has all of their days. Trump folks here ain’t Democrats or second string Democrats (Republicans) no more. They’re people with nothing left to lose. Trump voters here don’t call Springsteen “the boss”, hell they hate to see Jersey license plates as long as I can remember. People here been literally knocking foremen on their asses for decades and don’t regret it.

The worst thing to happen to landowners here is to have Jersey scum move in next door. But “Jersey” is just the nostalgic out-of-state fixation. NYC was simply out of mind until property taxes destroyed housing values when down-state politicians hammered federal mandates down upstate throats. Now city-folk are seen as the evil incarnate thieves eating our young while the gov’t hospitals wait to kill off the grand parents.

There’s only one mindset that holds back the woodchucks up here from anarchy. That is the mindset of total annihilation of enemy. The minute Trump fails to personally go after Hillary’s crimes the Trump trust euphoria will dissipate. The socialist seniors don’t want the conflict because their votes are bought and paid for with SS entitlement checks. They are paid to live on their knees and plagued by guilt and cowardice. But they steal, spend and hide 24/7. They got no family around them because the jobs left the area back when the cold war ended. Now the working class here are having grand kids and are stuck working cash registers. They know the sense of doom as entitlement nation oozes entitlement mentality. Even the local churches are shutting down. The youngest citizens are free shit army freaks on heroin and medicaid, I doubt any of them have ever voted. To them such notions are but a joke and will remain so.

There’s a reason almost zero Hillary campaign signs were counted in these parts. Vengeance is overdue, and the bullshit’s worn too thin. Supposedly they can’t fill teacher positions despite salary offered is 5 times what working folks make here. The news media blames it on a modern “stigma” of what being a teacher is. Truth may be it’s about fear and morality. Two houses from my village home was the only in-town collection of Hillary/Dem signs I saw. By first light this morning they were already gone. Reality descends like doom upon socialists when they find themselves alone, and nobody wants any of their so-called selflessness.

Trump must release an eruption of anarchy on the Republican traitors first and then demand the repeal of social security and every infringement upon the 2nd amendment. Otherwise all that has changed is the skin color of the parasite crawling toward the oval office. I can’t be paid to live on my knees so I have to die on my feet. I’m not frightened of dying. Why should I be frightened of dying? You’ve got to go sometime, anytime will do. I don’t mind. Hmmm, I hear the sound of Pink Floyd and a cash register,…hey isn’t that Donald Trump in a flaming suit? Of course it is.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

13. John on November 8, 2016 at 18:17

I love this post. You’re feeling what I felt in voting after swearing it off. I never thought I’d experience this in my lifetime.

14. gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 18:32

just checking CNN….shitting themselves. Ooops. Clinton is ‘underperforming’…. mwah aha hahaha

Looks like Trump wins Ohio and Florida. Virginia and probably North Carolina. Hillary is wearing a poop bag under her oven mitt pant suit.

15. gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 18:32

Trump is ahead in Michigan and New Hampshire……………..

16. gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 18:41

Brexit all over again. Polls are crap. Great turnout in the states for this election. CNN suck ass.

17. gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 18:43

Thump the bitch. Criminal cartel. Bastards. Wisdom of American people. Please don’t let us down.

I want to see the loser face of Hllary Clinton. Oh how I want to see that fugly mug of hers in defeat.

18. gabkad on November 8, 2016 at 18:46

Wolf Blitzer is doing robowalk………….ha ha haha ha! Oh this is good.

19. NvN on November 8, 2016 at 19:29

I don’t usually comment, because I’m scared of Richard ;), but just had to pop in to say I cast my vote of love this year, hoping to make NJ just a bit less cucked. And as of now, it looks like this whole DJT thing might be happening.

I have to admit I didn’t know what to expect. It was two alternate realities: common sense (a la Richard’s predictions) vs the over-intellectualized “analysis” and “scientific” polls, the Nate Silvers and smug Ivy Leaguers of this world.

My better half bought some Yuengling – I don’t usually drink beer, but if all goes well, that’s what we’ll be having to celebrate.

20. Jane on November 8, 2016 at 19:35

I had not voted in years and a couple of weeks ago thought I should look into it, just in case i changed my mind 🙂 — too late to register! BUT still registered in San Francisco, ha! Yesterday I was NOT going to vote, this morning: HELL YES! I will drive for hours to vote against absolute evil.
    I am in shock over the stupidity of women, WTF hashtags #pantsuitnation #nastywoman — is this some sort of perverted badge of courage? I DON’T CARE IF SHE IS FEMALE !!! She is a bitch and c word. Down to my core, everything screams it would be the end of what is left of our freedom and any ability to have wealth. Thank god for Richard’s blog–I was feeling like an alien–the Bay Area is NUTTY. I will tell people I think HRC evil, but if I said I voted for Trump I would be ostracized–I am not ready . . .
    I was surprised by my emotions today–the feeling that this country (and the world) could never recover if Clinton elected. Honestly, I had never felt such a feeling of loss–sure, most of time I am astounded by the dismantling of this country’s ideals, and not even sure sometimes if they existed . . . but this feeling was new.

I have been a long-time reader, maybe 8 years, I rarely comment as I don’t feel I am on par intellectually with Richard and commenters, but when Richard used the word “L-0-V-E” all bets were off. I am so grateful for this sane place to check-in, otherwise I am an alien :-).

Jane

• Richard Nikoley on November 8, 2016 at 20:29

Jane.

I luv ya. YGG. My fav comment of the day and I viscerally want nothing but good for you.

• Jane on November 8, 2016 at 21:41

Thanks Richard! I think there is going to be some good for ALL of us — maybe there is a god!

21. The Natural on November 8, 2016 at 20:30

I am having so much fun. I never thought I’d like Fox News…Yes, Fox News…so much.
    CNN …What a bunch of dishonest mofo’s! Yeah right, Killary is underperforming….it has nothing to do with the Trump movement. Vomit!!!

• Bret on November 8, 2016 at 20:40

Ditto, TNat. I’m giddy like a school boy. They just cannot understand it for the life of them.

Same with a bunch of my Facebook friends. They’re panicked and dismayed. It’s delightful.

• Jane on November 8, 2016 at 21:59

This is getting better every moment — I had been hanging on to Richard’s prediction for months — I want to see them burn! Hope, right, finally! And yeah, I never thought I would vote again.

22. The Natural on November 8, 2016 at 20:35

CNN calls FL to Trump…exactly 40 minutes after Fox called it for him!

23. Gregg Wolf on November 8, 2016 at 20:40

Wow! Looks like my brother from another mother, Richard was right months ago. Trump is at 254, add AZ at 13 for 267. Any win in just one state out of AK, NH, MI, PA and he is in. ??

24. Hap on November 8, 2016 at 20:56

The world is shaking….to the core. America tells it’s elites to go fuck themselves.

25. Hap on November 8, 2016 at 20:58

Jane…if that’s your real name…..you are one heckuva chick. Like my wife.

• Jane on November 8, 2016 at 22:03

Thanks Hap! Yours truly, Jane (nothing but real).

And a random comment: The only female (can we use that word now?) writer with balls re HRC has been Camille Paglia.

• Hap on November 9, 2016 at 09:35

Yes…despite her fascination with Sanders, she does call it as she sees it. She’s a kind of Milo.

I give a lot of credit for the hard work, the dedication, the education and the Liberty loving Mark Levin. I intend to read and study the Liberty Amendments. Even though we have a victory of sorts it may be time to call a convention of the States and strengthen our Constitution.

• Jen W. on November 9, 2016 at 20:09

Oh yes, Camille Paglia is just about the only female LGBTQ community member that’s sane.

26. poop monster on November 8, 2016 at 21:20

Looks good for Trump. You nailed this Richard.

27. Joe on November 8, 2016 at 22:07

If Trump wins like it looks like he will as of now, this is one of the most amazing wins in American political history. EVERYONE in the establishment was against him. ALL the ‘people in the know’ predicted he would lose. Almost every poll said he would lose, even up to this morning. All of the lying, cheating bastards warping their polling to make it look like he had no chance.

But we went out and voted anyway and we did it.

Trump has significant flaws but the man has fucking guts. He put his name and his future and even his life on the line (considering how many nuts would like to see him dead) and he fought and fought and he won.

There is going to be a very difficult and awkward and frightening and exhilarating period coming where more and more of the “decent” white people in this country openly begin identifying with their race and voting and agitating and organizing for their people. It’s going to frighten people and those who have the courage to step up and speak up first (with their real identities, in public) will be viciously demonized but there is a time coming when 90% of whites are going to come together as a people, the way blacks are a people in this country. And we will openly and unashamedly advocate for our interests and our future, and the accusation of “racist!!!” will have no power anymore. And then I want us to be a people out of our love for our people and not out of hatred. No one nears to fear our awakening and coming together; just stop demonizing us and trying to destroy us for it.

28. Mark J on November 8, 2016 at 22:47

And of course the NBC pundits are already hand wringing over how Trump can’t lead the country and how the world is LITERALLY going to fall apart over this.

29. Mark J on November 8, 2016 at 22:51

Seriously…I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of people jumping out of windows, mostly these pundits.

• thhq on November 9, 2016 at 08:33

They’re too chickenshit. Falling would be scary.

30. Hap on November 8, 2016 at 23:11

Its still possible in this country to dethrone entrenched interests.
    This time its the Brits that showed the way.

I am very disappointed in the Bush family. Sore losers.

31. Gemma on November 8, 2016 at 23:31

Wow. Thanks, people.

32. LaFrite on November 9, 2016 at 00:08

Aaaaannnnd BINGO 😀

Now, if you could give me the next winning numbers of the national lottery, I’d appreciate 😀

33. Karl on November 9, 2016 at 00:55

Many good things. Hope we find our Trump(s) in Europe. I just hope all these idiots that were going to leave the US if Trump won ,will NOT decide to come to France.

Congratulations Richard and all sane Americans!

34. NvN on November 9, 2016 at 01:11

Just occurred to me that this big win is even more impressive for Trump if you consider the spending. It’s been said you need a billion to win the presidency. Well, Trump spent half that. Hillary and her super-PACs spent literally more than twice as much as Trump. And he did exactly what he needed to do to win. He campaigned in all the right states. Basically, he figured it all out and won the way he probably was planning on winning this all along. Will all those elitist superzippers who called him a moron finally see that there was a method to the madness and that Trump knew exactly what he was doing? I’m not holding my breath. Man, the cognitive dissonance is going to be huge on this one.

35. Ramon on November 9, 2016 at 04:10

You were right Richard. Things will be interesting.

36. The Natural on November 9, 2016 at 05:03

Richard,
    I have been reading your blog since the early RS and microbiome days. It takes guts to make a bold prediction and stand by it when literally 99% of the media and the so called intellectuals tell you otherwise.
    You.are.the.man. Now you can count on a lifer here!

Too bad I can’t openly celebrate victory at work place which is filled with liberals. If they have half a brain, they would know Trump, who figured out how to win this race against all odds and spending less than half of his opponent, is the right person for this job. Trump is also the only person I know who called the Brexit correctly. Does it not make him the man with instincts? What is to say that he won’t “figure out” the same for the country. His whole campaign is a case study for the history books!

• Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2016 at 07:17

As I look this morning, a lot closer than I would have liked. He has 276 electoral votes with 44 still up for grabs and the popular in a dead heat at about 60 mil each.

Astounding to me that there are 60 million people who would vote for her.

From this point, the biggest thing has already been achieved. One whole big middle-finger fuck you to the political establishment on all sides.

• Gregg Wolf on November 9, 2016 at 08:08

He is a lock now in AZ, and every time they up the count in MI, he gains, those stars put him over 300. That is an ass whipping.

Agreed it is astounding that 60 mil voted for her. But that is with 95% Celebrity, media and academia support. In that context it may be pitiful.

I am with you. I feel kinda left out I did not vote this time. Strange feeling.

On a side note, it looks
        like Johnson and Stein brought it home for Trump, giving the Bernie voters an option. Now it may be that most of thise votes came from blue atates, ao were meaningless, but it would have made her way up in the popular.

Fun! Not Hank Moody fun, but fun!?

• Tim M. on November 9, 2016 at 11:34

Michael Moore was spot on. He called it exactly and explained exactly why it would happen. It’s just how I felt. My vote was a big fuck you to the establishment, each and every one of them. And I feel good. 🙂

• Howard on November 9, 2016 at 14:02

I seriously doubt that 60 million living, legal voters *did* vote for her.

37. Zach Bush on November 9, 2016 at 05:15

Richard,

Do you think the popular votes in each state are close enough for a coup by the electoral college?

• Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2016 at 08:00

No. He’s up to about 290 electoral votes now, so plenty of wiggle room.

38. Nat on November 9, 2016 at 05:17

Winning is nice, but how about having the guts to do something useful like repealing Obamacare and stopping support of the islamic terrorists?

39. La Frite on November 9, 2016 at 06:22

He came, he saw, she lost, hahahahahahahaha….

40. Woodchuck Pirate on November 9, 2016 at 07:04

Nobody is entitled to socialism.
    The mixed economy model is socialism not capitalism.
    Every vote supports torture and murder around the globe.
    Pragmatism is aversion to principle.

I will not fall.

There is no separateness Richard, love does not imply pacifism. Your interest in voting appears retaliatory. I would steal food before my family went hungry. World War III has not been averted.
    There will never be a better time to be alive than right here right now. The conflict remains statism versus freedom. Turning socialist against socialist is not aggression. It’s a tactical means to an end.

And in the end,
    The cash you take,
    Is equal to,
    The death you make.

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

41. Hap on November 9, 2016 at 07:24

The talk this morning……..trump should pardon her and her criminal pals. What saith the people?

Is that justice served?

42. Richard Nikoley on November 9, 2016 at 08:05

I think he should stay out of it, let DOJ do what it does, no comment, no interference.

• Hap on November 9, 2016 at 09:30

You are right…..it is just too “feel good” and symbolic. voters want folks to be accountable and a pardon would not sit well. As a Evangelical pastor said this morning…it’s not up to the government to forgive. If people want mercy they can humbly ask for individual forgiveness and solicit Deity with contrition. First time in a long while I have heard a prominent pastor get his religion right.

However, the President has absolute pardon privilege and I am not up to speed on why and how that privilege came into being.

Trump needs to get on with the business of restoring some measure of freedom and constitutional government. A blow was struck at Leviathan and the Obama legacy. Far from over.

43. thhq on November 9, 2016 at 08:41

Cricketland on Wall Street. They priced Trump in at +500 DJIA. Actually heading up.

The sooner Yellen is toast the better. The Bubble Lady, a fossil from a hippie street fair.

• thhq on November 9, 2016 at 09:02

DJIA still heading up, like a rocket. All that talk about meltdown ended when the last poll closed. The Foundation cut Lester Holt’s bribes off to pinch pennies for good works like Haiti and apprentice Chelsea’s grooming.

• Jen W. on November 9, 2016 at 20:42

Agreed. Yellen needs to go (perhaps the whole Federal Reverse along with her).

44. Bob on November 9, 2016 at 08:45

The US election summed up in one scene…

45. John on November 9, 2016 at 09:00

Well Richard, congrats on being both right and wrong! Although more right with respect to the actual outcome. Kinda looking like the Primary Model is gonna fail this year at predicting the popular vote, but like 1960, this will make an interesting case study exception.

Although, I have to say, I share that same I was both right and wrong feeling this morning, as looking at the same data, I was suspecting the same result. I also know you’ve made a point that everyone is wrong in some fashion, and you should always strive to be less wrong. And personally, I have to admit, I think it feels better to be both right and wrong this morning (maybe you could say “humbly correct”) than it would to have been “100%” right.

A side note, I’ve really enjoyed the political side to your blog over the past year. I know a few years back, you added a “Money and business” section, and did a few posts, but it seemed to fizzle out. I remember posts on the Banks in the US issuing their own currency before the Fed, and taking about K-1 income and such. I know it’s your blog to take any direction you want, but I would personally be interested in you developing that direction more, now that the election is over.

46. sassysquatch on November 9, 2016 at 09:17

You called a Trump victory, several months ago, before I heard anyone else doing so. I’m impressed. It was funny, listening to the MSM at 3:30 a.m., whining about a possible Hillary popular vote win, but electoral college loss. We wouldn’t have heard a bit of whining if the same was happening to Trump. Made me smile.

47. SeanII on November 9, 2016 at 10:00

Richard,
    Congrats to you and the other americans who choose to support a change to the status quo.

I was in Brussels this weekend and I have to agree with Trump, it is a hellhole! You can go to Bruges, Ostend and other small Belgium cities and get some feeling for how a people live(d) and what they are fond of. In Brussels, I have not seen one street which has a distinct Belgian character. You walk three houses and can move from decent to garbage and back.

I get the feeling that those there who encourage the multi-culturalism and mass immigration live on the outskirts and I plan to see that part of the city on my next visit. Brussels feels like those people’s storefront for their trendy believes. They’ve got the money to pay poor immigrants to live without any adherence to a standard and at the same time live apart from the resulting morass.

It was telling a couple weeks ago when Lily Allen complained about being snubbed by a London taxi driver for her crying to a migrant camp dweller. The tide will turn and it will again be trendy to be “white first” for all these celebrities. Their barking though is not needed. The change might not come about because of Trump, as his victory might be result of that change in attitude already being in train.

This white self flagellation can’t hold. Even if you take away all the european accomplishments, no group of people should be subjected to a level of guilt and shame that makes them volunteer the lives of their families to the pleasing of other groups that will exploit technological advantage just the same, given the chance.

This victory requires a celebration for those who invested but it is no where near the end. Perhaps now the ground can be used to say things to restore a balance to the voices in the narrative of the human condition. All the best to you and yours.

48. Martin Archer on November 9, 2016 at 11:29

With 47% of the population on welfare or not paying taxes, with the MSM giving the dems a 15% or more like 30% advantage due to their 90% bias and distortion of the news, this constitutes a landslide. So in essence you were right Richard. It is only due to the MSM’s distortion of reality that a criminal like Killary gets anything near 49% of the vote. This is as big a result as Trump could have gotten with all the factors going against him and the deck stacked so heavily in her favor. What kind of a country is it when 47% of the population make so little money and need a handout from the other 53%? A country designed by Democrats – that’s what.

49. Regina on November 9, 2016 at 11:31

This could be the funniest 2.18 min video I have ever seen:

Dear oh dear,
    Regina

50. Doug on November 9, 2016 at 15:16

Kudos Richard that was a hell of a call.

My lefty friends are stunned and blame white men. I said this about corruption plain and simple.

Bernie was a pussy, he should have raised holy hell except he let his balls fall out of his pants….I would be seething with anger if I was him.

51. pinkface on November 9, 2016 at 15:21

Richard. You are a god to me today. You can have your way with my ‘bits’ anytime.

52. Claude Yarnington on November 9, 2016 at 20:43

Trump didn’t win, Hillary lost. She waaaay under-performed. No doubt in part because she’s an empty suit that really isn’t about anything. She never said why we would vote for her; it was always about why we shouldn’t vote for Trump.

Don’t believe me? Go look at the total numbers for each. Trump has less votes than either Romney or McCain did.

He’s lucky he had Hillary to run against. Also lucky Obamacare premiums are going up in those battleground states. That also tipped it in his favor.

• Richard Nikoley on November 10, 2016 at 05:16

I disagree. He understood that winning it on pure popularity would be a tough call. Negatives way too high. In this respect he was fortunate to be running against someone with high negatives as well.

This is where he outmaneuvered her. She has to be popular, Trump didn’t care. Had to deliver the right message to the right folks in the right places, and in so doing, he showed Republicans how to win again, something they thought impossible. He got Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania to flip, while generally holding everything Romney got, which can be chalked up to Republican push comes to shove stuff.

This is why Michael Moore, of all people mapped this out a good while ago. That’s his home turf stuff and he clearly saw what could happen, which did happen.

53. Karl on November 10, 2016 at 02:30

“Vigils and protests swell across US in wake of Trump victory”.

Hey they’re coming out of their safe spaces! Another unexpected boon of the Don’s victory. Sour losers though.

And with a bit of luck the US gets rid of California as well. The US looks more and more attractive to me. If Europe does not find a path to get out of the incredible mess here , I would not be amazed that there would be a new wave of European emigrants to the US.

Personally, I chose France, but it’s about time they get serious about getting the house in order and now the US looks really attractive. Seriously, what would be a good (sunny and safe) place to live in the US?

54. anonymous on November 10, 2016 at 15:54

What goes around comes around: Trump tweet from November 2012 after Obama wins.

“We can’t let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!”

And this gem: “Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.”