Rush To Lessons

screen-shot-2016-11-14-at-9-04-41-pm

I woke up today completely unaware I was going to have another day of substantial reflection. I’ve been having a lot of those, lately. This political process over the last year seems to have changed me in ways that shock me as profound, behind my back, and I still don’t have an adequate self-reflective take on it to write a post about it.

When I can sleep again between 2-4 am, I might be ready to write….

So, this constitutes a bit here and there. First thing that crossed my feed was an interview. Now, while I’m pretty awful at it, I am enamored of the art of the interview, which is why I adore Terry Gross, Fresh Air. She’s done more great interviews than you can count, but I think her interview of Keith Richards, Rolling Stones, has to be about my favorite of all time.

…Who knew that Captain James T. Kirk, uh, Denny Crane, uh, William Shatner had such interview skills?

Guess who? This is the first Rush to Lessons: Rush Limbaugh. You’ve never heard about it. Last thing the left media would ever even mention. I could not only not turn it off, I couldn’t even pause it to take a piss after cups of coffee. It’s that damn good.

Perhaps it might have struck me differently at a different time. But in a time where college kids are playing with Play-Doh during the day, rioting at night, and mindlessly sucking up every word of crafted narrative the left can feed them, it’s refreshing to listen to two guys keep it real.

You can’t fake that.

Onward, the next Rush to Lessons.

Sweet memories flashing very quickly by
Reminding me and giving me a reason why
I know that my goal is more than a thought
I’ll be there when I teach what I’ve been taught
And I’ve been taught

You know we’ve told you before
But you didn’t hear us then
So you still question why
No you didn’t listen again
You didn’t listen again, whoa

Sweet memories, I never thought it would be like this
Reminding me, oh, just how close I came to missing
I know that this is the way for me to go
You’ll be there when you know what I know
And I know

You know we’ve told you before
But you didn’t hear us then
So you still question why
No you didn’t listen again
No, oh oh
You didn’t listen again

Now, hear it:

You never fucking listen.

You didn’t listen, again.

1. thhq on November 15, 2016 at 08:13

Rush. I wish I could see them live.

Mick Fleetwood’s band was way more than I expected last month. Rick Vito singing and playing lead, channeling all the Peter Green stuff.

And Fleetwood’s drumming. Jeez. I never thought about it before. Without it, Go Your Own Way and The Chain wouldn’t exist.

Yeah I liked Shatner’s special snowflakes tweet yesterday too. The majority of them arrested in Portland didn’t vote. Butterflies and food stamps are still free. For now.

• thhq on November 15, 2016 at 08:18

The hippies lost a round. Once they’re evicted from their squats they lose the whole match. As in 1970, the Haight and Berkeley go back to the original tenants. I wish I could say the same about Calexico. Moonbeam me up.

2. poop monster on November 15, 2016 at 08:43

We are still paying for all the drugs the baby boomers took in the 60s and 70s. It’s their fucked up drug addled brains that took us full retard to the socialist left. I cannot wait for the fuckers to die. The generation before them was much, much better.

• thhq on November 15, 2016 at 17:41

They vote for marijuana though. This is a good history of the Haight.

In 2 years it was over. The hippies were driven out by race riots. Perry wrote this years later. He does a good job of documenting the amount of brain damage. Around 50% ended up dysfunctional if I remember right. They made themselves childlike dependents on society in general. The Haight was the beginning of our current culture of entitlement and victimhood.

• poop monster on November 16, 2016 at 07:45

thhq, thanks for pointing this out. I have just started reading it on your recommendation. It is a fascinating account of the youth/young adult culture in the US at the time. The drug story almost is a side note at this stage – only part the way through so far.

• Woodchuck Pirate on November 16, 2016 at 08:26

Thank you!

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

3. Corey on November 15, 2016 at 08:47

Another day, more protests in Portland. Yesterday it was the know-nothing high school students, masquerading as protesters to get a day off of school. They were marching and shouting some anti-Trump-fascist chant, and one of the local TV reporters was marching with them. She asked a couple of them to explain what fascism was, and of course they had no idea. They even chuckled about their ignorance.

There’s an old episode of that Penn & Teller Bullshit show that dealt with protests, protesters, and that whole mentality. While some of the episodes of that show were in fact unintentionally bullshit, this one was good. Ultimately the vast majority of protesters would show up to protest anything, even made up causes. A bunch of losers looking for something to do.

• Richard Nikoley on November 15, 2016 at 09:00

Yea, the protest mentality is pretty dumb almost all the time. When it’s not, like in Easern block countries in 1989 and onward, you know clearly why it’s not.

The funniest thing was the “millions sign petition” for the Electoral College to elect Hillary instead of Trump when the votes are cast. Hey, morons, 60 million essentially already did that just a week ago. You lost anyway.

The other funny I saw was a meme of the electoral map and electoral vote totals, side by side: before protests and after three days of protests. Yep, exactly the same.

• thhq on November 15, 2016 at 10:38

They mock themselves.

4. Barbara on November 15, 2016 at 16:43

I remember wearing a “Rush Limbaugh for President” shirt in the very early 90’s. Seems like only yesterday people were following his line of thinking instead of coloring at Yale over hurt feelings.

5. VW on November 15, 2016 at 19:01

I saw Rush in ’81. I don’t remember the concert at all.

• Richard Nikoley on November 16, 2016 at 09:21

Saw them in ’84.

• Amy on November 20, 2016 at 14:14

VW: Me, too!! I can’t stop laughing at your post. I do remember they did “Trees” within the first three songs but the rest of it…nada. Couldn’t tell you what the songs before Trees were, either.

Where? It was in DC somewhere. I want to say Cap Center but I honestly can’t remember.

6. Richard Nikoley on November 16, 2016 at 09:23

If y’all want to get a modern, recent take on how truly great they are: