I’m Going to Expose All Anti-Vaxxers As Typically Wrong

For as long as I knew it was a thing, I have steered clear.

Why? Because my visceral sense is the same visceral sense I get when I’m exposed to 9/11 Truthers, Apollo 11 Deniers, Superfood Purveyors, Alien Abduction and Visitors Conspiracists, and the whole damn collection of tin-foil-hat organisms pretending to be rational humans.

Spent a good portion of this holiday period going at it a bit with Dunning-Kruger ignorant people on Facebook over vaccinations. In other words, too ignorant to have the capacity to detect their own ignorance.

I’ll toss up some posts over the next week. Looking out for you, so you don’t fall prey to fucktards.

Theme song:

You morons don’t even know how fucking stupid you all are.

You know who you are.

1. Eric Lundstrom on November 28, 2016 at 18:27

How about opening up a section where you address questions posted by for example Apollo 11 deniers? That would be fun. For example I would ask you if it is true that the hatch on the LEM was too small to fit the astronaut with the space suit on. That would be a good start. From there I would ask you to show us where the vacuum tolerant storage in the LEM was. Every time the LEM doors were opened all the air was vented, things like toothpaste, water, poop etc would need to be in vacuum tolerant storage. What do you think?

• Richard Nikoley on November 28, 2016 at 20:01

I think I would not spend another second beyond what I’ve already wasted reading your comment.

You’re dismissed.

• Eric Lundstrom on November 29, 2016 at 13:54

If the questions are too hard for you, I can simplify them. If they are not technical enough I have plenty of others that are. I became interested in this when an aging Apollo 11 contractor let something slip in a conversation. I think my suggestion is totally reasonable. Truth does not fear investigation …. but lies and coverups do.

• Richard Nikoley on November 29, 2016 at 15:54

I know how this bullshit works, dude.

Not interested. You are once again dismissed.

…And not that it matters much, but my dad was a rocket technician for Rocketdyne in the Nevada desert outside Reno in the 1960s. He worked on the LEM engine.

2. Eric Lundstrom on November 29, 2016 at 17:27

I am really sorry that you are unprepared, unwilling or afraid to entertain questions on this topic.

• Richard Nikoley on November 29, 2016 at 17:40

Yes, I’ll just remain mired in the muck on the topic.

Is that a sufficient pat on your little head?

• Eric Lundstrom on November 29, 2016 at 17:53

well not really … a sufficient pat would be:

If you can give me reasonable questions, given that you never said you were a denier, I who am determined to defend the position, would be more than happy to address them. After all, the position I have boldly declared that I am prepared to defend is tenable. By all means, please bring me your questions and we will all see that that your leanings toward a contrary position are without merit.

That would work.

• Bret on December 1, 2016 at 09:48

Here ya go, Eric. Does it look too small now?

Here is also a nicely done rebuttal that I found after about 90 seconds of Googling. You could have found this if you looked for it.

• Richard Nikoley on December 1, 2016 at 09:56

You must never cast pearls before swine, Bret.

His agenda was clear. Troll, wanting to waste time in masturbatory bullshit,

Never fall for it.

Dismiss them out of hand,

FTA has never been troll bait and never will,

• Bret on December 1, 2016 at 10:47

You’ll have to forgive my paternalistic naïveté, Richard. Easily tempted to see the best in even the dummies.

But, it’s your house & your rules, and I’ll abide happily.

• Richard Nikoley on December 1, 2016 at 10:50

Pithy.

3. Marc on December 7, 2016 at 06:09

Pretty much all you need to know as to why the moon landings were NOT a hoax. Very entertaining.

4. Loose Ends: Holiday Vacation Update on December 17, 2016 at 12:48

[…] now a brief word on the whole vaccination thing I posted first here (13 comments) and then here (115 comments). The more I dug into it, then read more and more of the […]

5. Louise S on February 16, 2017 at 07:31

Aluminum Vaccine Adjuvants: Are they Safe?

L. Tomljenovic*,1 and C.A. Shaw2
    1Post-doctoral fellow, Neural Dynamics Research Group, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, 828 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L8, Canada
    2Professor, Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and Experimental Medicine and the Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, 828 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L8, Canada

Abstract: Aluminum is an experimentally demonstrated neurotoxin and the most commonly used vaccine adjuvant. Despite almost 90 years of widespread use of aluminum adjuvants, medical science’s understanding about their mechanisms of action is still remarkably poor. There is also a concerning scarcity of data on toxicology and pharmacokinetics of these compounds.

In spite of this, the notion that aluminum in vaccines is safe appears to be widely accepted. Experimental research, however, clearly shows that aluminum adjuvants have a potential to induce serious immunological disorders in humans. In particular, aluminum in adjuvant form carries a risk for autoimmunity, long-term brain inflammation and associated neurological complications and may thus have profound and widespread adverse health consequences.

In our opinion, the possibility that vaccine benefits may have been overrated and the risk of potential adverse effects underestimated, has not been rigorously evaluated in the medical and scientific community. We hope that the present paper will provide a framework for a much needed and long overdue assessment of this highly contentious medical issue.