Blocked From Facebook For A Fifth Time

First time, way back, was for a day or two. Then a couple of 1-week blocks in close succession last year.

Last October I was handed a 30-day suspension for a comment on someone else’s post where she, the poster, didn’t mind the comment at all, but some stranger did.

Same thing this time, and another 30 days. The woman—a Facebook friend—whose post I commented on even messaged me to laugh about it. I had called a pussyboy—who was being a pussyboy—a pussyboy. And just like a pussyboy, he went and cried his eyes out to Facebook. Then he went and cried his eyes out to my FB friend, whereupon we both had a good laugh about it in Messenger.

Update: The altercation was over this video my friend shared:

A mother who dowses her daughter in acid because she looked at a boy, and the father was displeased (and then father tosses wife under the bus).

Anyway, pussy boy immediately began with the standard equivocations and meaningless distinctions, not bothering to ask a basic question: who keeps skin-melting acid in the house? /End Update

I’m beyond being in any way pissed about the situation. Highly amused, actually. Particularly since Facebook has been dripping with the word pussy for almost a week.

Anyway, guess I’ll have to kick up the blogging to keep the noggin engaged.

Any FB friend is welcome to pop a link to this post up on my wall, since I can’t.

Back in a jiffy, once I decide exactly how I might be blogging for the next month. I have an idea.

1. Ken on January 26, 2017 at 10:30

This is one of the inevitable effects of being taught when we’re kids that “you shouldn’t fight back” that you should “go tell a teacher” if someone is mean. IDK about other people, but the first time I stopped listening to that and gave someone a well deserved punch, the bullying instantly stopped, and not just from that one person. Now as a middle aged adult I am sickened by the way we treat kids as if they’re idiots who can’t defend themselves. That’s how you raise helpless sheep, not young adults who will become self reliant adults.

If you had followed this person around and cyberstalked them I could see getting banned. But calling someone a name should communicate something to a person. It should tell them that you’ve lost patience with them / they are trying your patience. The realistic response in the real world should be finding the person later after they calm down and asking what it was they lost patience with – so you can consider your own behavior and correct it if necessary. But we’re bombarded by so many cyber bullies, some of them, we know are random hatemongers, and so it’s hard to know who to report and who not to report.

My reading of this situation is that they didn’t realize you weren’t a random cyber bully but someone who’s thought about things and gets exasperated with people sometimes. That said, introspection goes both ways. If you’ve been banned 5 times, it might be good to look at why and whether you have absolute opinions on things that aren’t completely justified for all human beings. I love your manifesto and enjoy your book (I am still re-reading it) and there are moments when I think… ouch, absolute thought.

All I’m saying is, maybe not everyone gets happiness from freeing the animal, that humans are diverse. We all have beliefs that give our lives meaning, that help us navigate between those who are worth our time and those who aren’t. But if someone exasperates you, especially several people of the same kind, I suggest that their worth to you is not the same as their absolute worth. Even your worst enemy probably has a mother that loves them, and will probably report you if you call them names.

If it were me you called a pussboy I’d have said ok look, you know as well as anyone what boys are treated like and how confining it is to have to be “tough” especially when you’re young. Whatever triggered this frustrated reply, at least acknowledge that we aren’t here to discuss parenting or socialization of men and boys. It was a wild punch that hit more than one person. “yawn, typical” would’ve done the same job without hurting everyone else.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what the comment was that triggered your name calling, so it might’ve been a very annoying comment. But still, a name like that hurts all boys and men, and reinforces social roles that may not apply to everyone.

And yes, I know you’re probably not calmed down yet and feel free to not post my reply. I just like you, and I don’t want to see good people get reported off the net. We need you and people like you. Especially with Trump’s attack on net neutrality. We could find ourselves on a censored internet before long. We’ll need you even more if that happens. It’s very possible Facebook has upped its booting of people who engage in name calling because of their fear of net neutrality being destroyed. A few years ago, they might not have cared so much.

• Richard Nikoley on January 26, 2017 at 12:30

Hey Ken.

Love the comment. Very thorough and thought felt.

The altercation was over this video my friend shared:

The thread went on for an hour or so. He wanted to beat me up, so I posted my physical address, etc.

It ended by him wishing me a good night, etc., (sincerely) but which I mocked anyway. It was two nights ago. Since his original comment was the one that set it off, and he deleted it right at the end of the couple-hour thread, it deleted everything.

Then this morning, I get a notice that my comment—which was gone two days ago—has been removed, and another block.

In the end, I don’t care about Facebook. I do care about this blog. So, thanks to Facebook for motivating me to spend my time here. It might be permanent. I have 30 days to see how it goes.

• Richard Nikoley on January 26, 2017 at 12:39

Ken:

“Whatever triggered this frustrated reply, at least acknowledge that we aren’t here to discuss parenting or socialization of men and boys. It was a wild punch that hit more than one person.”

I suppose i have to explain this.

It has nothing to do with triggering, frustration, or anything of the sort. This blog has been around for 13 years (4,500 posts) and in the decade prior I was honing my stuff of USENET and such.

I delight in dropping bombs, seeing how people react.

I just fuck with people. There is nothing more fun than knowing you landed something they’ve never dealt with, before.

• Ken on January 26, 2017 at 14:10

I’m a bit off balance and stunned by that video. Also, I’m stunned that anyone would try to excuse the actions of those parents. Their own constabulary has locked them up for torturing and killing their daughter. I hope the trial of those parents leads to sweeping changes in Pakistan and the region in general, and I object to Facebook implying that you shouldn’t mock someone who defends such behavior. Defending such parents online can be easily considered trolling.

That’s the problem with reporting. It’s often the person who is rightfully outraged that gets reported, not the troll who started it. If you had reported them for starting a trollfest, you wouldn’t have succeeded. In the real world, you don’t go to someone’s funeral and claim they deserved to die, and then expect to get away with it. But on the internet they get away with it too often.

• Richard Nikoley on January 26, 2017 at 14:53

Dude, you are one smart, elegantly writiten guy.

2. poop monster on January 26, 2017 at 10:30

Re: your shredded kangaroo post on FB – it looks real to me. I have seen hundreds of kangaroos up close over the years and this looks entirely consistent with some examples I have seen before.

• Richard Nikoley on January 26, 2017 at 11:54

Tell Art DeVany. He thinks it’s PS.

3. Paul Riemann on January 27, 2017 at 08:04

I was beginning to wonder why your daily dozen wasn’t showing up in my feed. But 30 days? Where will I get my biting commentary and profanity-laced tongue lashing of left-wing loons? I know. We can always follow your blog (and do), but it’s not quite the same. 🙁

• Richard Nikoley on January 27, 2017 at 08:09

Hey, by my count I put up seven posts yesterday.

Headed off for my Bday weekend, courtesy of the wife unit, in a few hours.

I think I might do what Milo does, here out. Rather than making a Facebook post, do a blog post and share to FB with a teaser. Prime goal is to get people to click out of FB and let the ad revenue go to me, not them,

Bwahahahahaha.

• John on January 30, 2017 at 12:03

There are some great people – Disdain for Plebs, Paul Joseph Watson, Lauren Southern, Occupy Democrats Logic, Milo . . .

From there you’ll get links to other sources of great information that appeal to you.

4. Stephanie on January 27, 2017 at 11:40

FaceBook is a lonely, desolate lace without you!

• Richard Nikoley on January 27, 2017 at 11:49

I’ll give you that same answer I give my wife when she says, “I love you.”

I know. 😉

Thanks Stephanie.

5. Di on January 27, 2017 at 14:32

Richard I love it when you get Facebook bans, you do more blog posts and they’re fab. I followed you on fb, but ditched it last year after Brexit and then Mama Merkel started sticking her snout in. I’m off to enjoy your latest posts. Cheers! Di.

6. John on January 30, 2017 at 12:07

Dammit. Figured something was up – happy birthday to you, it may be, as a break from the quasi-addiction of FB posting!

I’m sure Jim will be at the ready with a video on how much we’re going to WIN whenever your account is restored.

7. Vicky Perry on February 26, 2017 at 08:13

Doing my part and resharing. Missed you and your point of view. Haters are always looking for something or someone to hate.