Where Are The Fucking Vikings, Already

swedens-walk-of-shame-hi-red

Swedish First Feminist Government Wears Hijab in Iran

Sweden’s government has declared itself the “first feminist government in the world.” According to their website, “A feminist government ensures that a gender equality perspective is brought into policy-making on a broad front, both nationally and internationally. Women and men must have the same power to shape society and their own lives.”

I can’t stop laughing.

1. Hap on February 13, 2017 at 13:44

It’s not funny.i’t mind boggling……theater.

2. Peter on February 13, 2017 at 17:33

During a recent trip to Iceland, I had the pleasure of sharing some long conversations with some of the Icelandic women. Iceland was ahead of the curve in woman power and they were quite proud of their leadership. They didn’t take shit from their government, turning out in force, leading to the fall of a number of governments when they didn’t do their job. They referred to themselves as “strong Viking women.” They were badasses. Are you sure you know anything about what you’re ridiculing?

• Richard Nikoley on February 13, 2017 at 17:45

David D Friedman, son of Milton, has some interesting writings on Icelandic anarchy.

I once had dinner with him. Quite an interesting fellow (his wife is a mathematician). His Harvard PHD is in theoretical physics and he has never taken a college course in economics or law. Yet, he was an economics professor at Chicago (even has a textbook on Price Theory), and for many years has been a law professor at Santa Clara U.

Total automath.

3. poop monster on February 14, 2017 at 07:21

So the Iranians will submit and wear Swedish national dress when they visit Sweden?

4. Jane on February 14, 2017 at 11:43

Beyond head shaking — yes, the only thing to do is laugh–absurd!

5. poop monster on February 14, 2017 at 13:24

Perhaps they just like being subservient and dominated?

6. BabyGirl on February 14, 2017 at 20:15

You are on fire!

7. Amy on February 15, 2017 at 16:42

Actually, I’m an advocate of “when in Rome…”, so I’m not particularly offended by her wearing a hijab “while in Iran”, and I’m not sure why anyone else is, either. Little baffled by the outrage even if I consider the oppression of radical Islam abhorrent. But I’m confident enough in myself and my principles that following even asshatish customs of other cultures isn’t a problem, IF I deliberately put myself in the milieu of the other culture. If I have a real problem with the customs then I boycott that cultural milieu.

I am kind of offended by the fact that she went to Iran at all, however. She shouldn’t have gone at all and she should have made a big deal about why she wasn’t going.

But seeing as she was spineless enough to actually go, then her donning the hijab makes absolute sense to me. What doesn’t make sense is why she went in the first place, knowing she would be called upon to don the garment of submission.

What I would be stratospherically offended by is if Iran’s leadership went to Sweden and she donned a hijab while in her native country. That would be a real problem.

I do agree the West needs to Viking up, though. No doubts about that.

• Richard Nikoley on February 15, 2017 at 17:21

Not the point at all, Amy. These chicks weren’t tourists.

• Amy on February 17, 2017 at 07:01

It’s totally the point. Diplomacy often calls for being the grownup and sucking it up and doing things you don’t want to do with people you don’t want to do them with.

And sometimes it calls for making a stand and saying “Unless things change I will not traffic with you”.

That’s what should have been done. Just Don’t Go. I’m actually in bewilderment why any Western woman would go there at all, given the fact that Western governments don’t give one rat crap about the oppression of women under these regimes.

But once there, the choice to don the hijab doesn’t necessarily outrage me. Why they were there in the first place kind of does. I guess I don’t get why people aren’t making a bigger deal about why they were there in the first place.

Since they we know they’re kowtowing Leftards for even going in the first place, why is everyone so bent that the female kowtowing Leftards donned the hijab?

I guess