Oy Vey, Not Much To Say: The Political Left Is Doing Just Fine

uc-berkeley-riots

Well, well; you’d have to be living under a rock to not plainly see what’s going on—from the “women’s march,” to the “anti-fascist” riot on the Berkley campus last night for the purpose of shutting down Milo Yiannopoulos’ sold-out speaking gig.

The irony is palpable.

So, I find myself in a curious spot: not much to say about it. I’ve been telling you what the true nature of the political left is for many years. But everything I have ever written or said about it is a drop in the bucket that pales in comparison to actually witnessing it playing out; not only in such a self-exposing manner, but with cheering from many sidelines.

A sampling from the people you pay to entertain you. Ahem…. that sure is entertainment, I guess….

debra judd sarah

lexi

Classy!

I’ll briefly point out a few things that you’re seeing, which is how the left has been operating since its secular-political seedling days of The French Revolution.

First, you will note that in virtually all of the mainstream media coverage of the riot (which they will call “protests” 100% of the time), they conflate ideas and actions. This is for the explicit purpose of blurring the distinction between expressing an idea people might hate, and beating someone—or burning their car or destroying their business—because they expressed or are going to express an idea you hate.

Second, they never take on these “hateful” ideas—mischaracterized, strawman-like, at the outset—because they’re fundamentally incapable of doing so; and not bothering to do so is a “virtue” signal that it would be beneath them (a common religious tactic: to debate is to sanction). So, they simply call names (racist, homophobe, xenophobe, supremacist, extremist, etc.) and shout down, which is for the explicit purpose of justifying and making virtuous the commission of violence and property destruction—the inevitable next step when the smears and shouts don’t shut up the ideas they hate.

screen-shot-2017-02-02-at-10-58-19-am

His coming to speak to a sold-out crowd in an auditorium “sparked protests,” you see?

Oy vey!

Third, blame the French. The modern secular political left began with the awful French Revolution, eventually weaving its way to the Bolshevik Revolution, spawning tons of “revolutions” and reigns of terror, leaving hundreds of millions of corpses along the way.

It was always in the name of “Social Justice” and there were always plenty of devils and demons to name and smear, “justifying” all atrocity.

Connect the dots, folks.

Update: Rush Limbaugh. Nail. Head. Don’t be drinking anything, unless you have wipes handy.

1. Jim on February 2, 2017 at 12:04

Fuck me. I knew Sarah Silverman was crazy, but I had no idea how crazy. “Overthrown”? Isn’t she talking about treason?

I’d boycott her in protest… but I couldn’t name a single thing she’s been in in at least ten years.

• John Bafaro on February 2, 2017 at 13:06

I’ve never thought anything about her other than that she’s a pig

• John on February 2, 2017 at 16:52

Just a heads up……. If you hate Sarah Silverman, the first few minutes of the movie “The Way of The Gun” are WELL worth watching.

• Richard Nikoley on February 2, 2017 at 17:11

Why ought you hate Sarah Silverman?

That would be like hating your autistic cousin.

By now, John, I’d have thought you’d have looked into the Dunning-Kruger thing at least once, figured it, and integrated it.

2. S Nikoley on February 2, 2017 at 12:50

There will be a tipping point violence in large scale will happen, it’s just a matter of time. And someone might want to gently remind Sara, that Trump won the military vote by 3 to 1.

3. thhq1 on February 2, 2017 at 13:35

It’s all about entitlement money in the Golden Sanctuary State.

It’ll get cut off no matter what they do. This might speed it up.

The UC system will have to dig down in their endowment to repair the damage. I doubt Brown has any money to spare.

• Richard Nikoley on February 2, 2017 at 13:40

Too much to hope for, but it would truly be hilarious if all Fed funding would be withdrawn from CA (which shouldn’t exist anyway—CA residents pay plenty of state tax).

Put fucking Moonbeam in short pants. As for the UC system—once the global jewel in higher education—make them hit up their millions of millionaire alumni.

Delicious.

4. Hap on February 2, 2017 at 14:15

I work for the UC but thankful not full time.. I get their emails from the Chancellors Office almost every day. They are totally consumed with Trump and Global Warming. all the rest is commentary. I would not cry to see them have to behave responsiblly to those who pay the bills.

5. Jonathan McRae on February 2, 2017 at 14:54

The comments to this article are the best.

• Richard Nikoley on February 2, 2017 at 17:07

Jonathan,

I’m a fucking miserable putz when it comes to sports. Total fair-weather friend. Not a loyal fan.

If the Giants and/or 49ers aren’t doing well, they can go fuck themselves and they don’t get a penny or eyeball from me. They do well, i watch every fucking game. The giants have been great that way over the last 8 years and I enjoyed lots.

I watched that double-game overtime, every minute, couple of years ago.

That said, I have friends who live 24/7 vicariously, via sports and I don’t got it, which is a charitable judgment.

6. Mrs. Coffee on February 2, 2017 at 16:07

Do you follow @NolteNC on Twitter? His commentary on the liberal media is normally spot on.

The left learned nothing from the election and are hell bent to continue their current path.

Off to get some wipes so I can listen to Rush.

7. Raymonde Ricot Piette on February 3, 2017 at 02:11

‘Third, blame the French. The modern secular political left began with the awful French Revolution, etc…’

Exactly! And that’s when France began her long decline… 228 years ago. Still going on, hélas!

8. […] Notice how she blithely tosses around the word Nazi, as though she knows the first thing about it (how I told you this is the way of operation, yesterday). Regie Hamm knows a shit ton more (my dad is also a German immigrant), and with a very […]

9. Bret on February 3, 2017 at 17:37

“(a common religious tactic: to debate is to sanction)”

Absolutely nothing distinguishes the left from religious zealots for all their bad traits. Their beliefs are based on faith, bullshit, or both. They’re right not because of some reason, but because they are.

You can’t engage these people in discussion or debate. It is impossible. You’ll end up slapping the shit out of them, or, if you have the slightest bit of self control, storming off in protest. Which just makes them think they’ve won.

I’m exhausted with the whole debacle. Fortunately, though, we’ve gotten to the point, politically, with Mr. Trump’s fiery new presidency, that I am totally content to sit back and laugh while the left tears its own hair out.

• Richard Nikoley on February 3, 2017 at 18:22

Me too, Bret.

Don’t mistake my blogging for anything but my energized way of gloating.

Be well, man. Hope you’ll be on call with that C-130, chutes and static lines if called to duty. 🙂

10. Bret on February 3, 2017 at 18:25

From the Rush link…

“They live in a make-believe world where, when people who they think like them are in power, then everything is utopian. Whether it is or isn’t, they don’t care to examine it.”

Yes, yes, god damn it yes. Absolutely, positively zero attempt to analyze their own objectively. Obama could do nothing wrong. Returning to Iraq? No problem. Replacing uniformed troops in Afghanistan with contractors and calling it a drawdown? Not even aware, but no problem. The Yemen thing? Even less aware (but still no problem). Doing nada to roll back the war on drugs? Forgot to think/care about that (but no problem). Using an outdated Republican plan for federal health care policy? No problem, after some token yearnings for single payer—-you bet your ass if GWBush had implemented the ACA word for word, leftists would have shrieked and wailed.

Conservatives are bad about this too, no doubt. Bush could do no wrong either. Doubling national debt, Patriot Act, Iraqi blunder, etc. Not a word of rebuke.

Everybody is a hypocritical piece of shit. But at least the right mustered the collective will (if barely) to nominate and elect the closest thing we’ve had to an independent, apolitical figure in many, many decades.

The left is self destructing. It’s a great, big, beautiful mess. Good riddance.

• Richard Nikoley on February 4, 2017 at 08:22

In some measure, Trump is really the first third-party candidate. Libertarians were too dumb to notice, as usual. It was only the independents who had an inkling of how radically different this deal was.