Speaking At The 21 Convention

21c

For the third time, but the first in a few years, I’ll be speaking at The 21 Convention in Orlando, FL, September 28 – October 1, 2017.

Here’s a list of the benefits

Includes FULL Access to the 4 Day Event

Includes Access to All ~26 Presentations

Includes the “Heroes Dinner” ($250 value)

Includes Annual Pass to 21 University ($180 value)

(21 University gets you access to all the videos!)

Intellectual Party at Socrates’ House (infinite value)

My previous talks were about choosing good food and then proper thinking in a philosophical sense. Others you may know from our general community have presented there as well. Mark Sisson, Dr. Doug McGuff, Dave Asprey, and Jolly.

Find out all about it at this link. Currently, there is nearly a half price early bird discount for tickets, good until tomorrow night, Thursday, May 4, so if you’re at all considering going, you’ll want to make that decision quick.

Hope to see you there.

21s

1. Hap on May 3, 2017 at 11:16

This convention is clearly a poorly disguised attempt at misogyny, toxic maculinity, sexism….and all sorts of isms I can’t mention. :))

I remember an episode of the new Five O where they had a guy giving seminars in how to pick up chicks and score. Of course, it was filled with geeks and misfits. the leader made sure they “scored” with all their new skills……lining up local professional female assistance.

• Richard Nikoley on May 3, 2017 at 11:25

Part of it is about so-called game, but I was surprised. It was in no way about lying or manipulating chicks into the sack, but rather about ideal manliness, the presumption being that of course decent women will be attracted to decent men.

In eccence, the game is no-games. The sense I get is that a lot of the guys simply need to get out of their own way, such as telling women what guys think they want to hear, instead of simply being manly and sincere.

• Anthony on May 9, 2017 at 17:32

Hey Hap

Richard’s comment is pretty spot on.

I will add that, as Richard stated, the convention is about becoming the ideal man. My goal is to continually add to a universe for the ideal man, an educational sandbox for him. Richard’s prior and future speeches at The 21 Convention are a part of that universe that I’ve been adding to literally my entire adult life.

Regarding men and women, as the banner states, the focus there is male/female relationships. That includes parenting, fatherhood, relationships, dating, marriage, game, divorce, related social/cultural/legal issues, masculinity, sexual strategy, seduction, sex, sexuality, personality disorders, and on and on.

Regarding “game”, all this means from a man’s perspective is his best understanding of how to interact with the opposite sex to best achieve his goals per their relationship – be it 1 night long or 1,000 or more.

Men don’t need to manipulate women, but we will examine how and why that works from a sexual/social perspective. Successful deception is power, women are aroused by power, etc.

Ethics and philosophy are usually left to other speakers (Richard, Greg Swann, Yaron Brook, Eric Daniels, etc).

Men aren’t particularly tuned for manipulation anyway… I’m much more concerned about men being manipulated by women in the sexual marketplace (wide spread).

Richard makes a great point about men getting out of their own way and being direct when it counts. Confrontation tends to arouse both sexes, but especially women today who are starved for it by feminized men.

– ADJ

2. Peter on May 3, 2017 at 11:44

Who are the people who sponsor this event? It looks like quite the guy fest.

• Richard Nikoley on May 3, 2017 at 11:47

Anthony Johnson. He started the business 10 years ago, when he was 17, I think.

• Anthony on May 9, 2017 at 17:35

Correct, I started the business at age 17, nearly 11 years ago now.

21 Studios is the parent company and brand that puts on the show, technically.

I am CEO and majority shareholder of both.

– ADJ

3. Hap on May 3, 2017 at 11:47

I understand that…..was only trying to be obviously facetious. The story line did have some minor similarities to Five O.

AT UCI….we have “The Womxn’s Hub” Against rules to spell “Woman”.

There all sorts of tangents and variations regarding the reality of manlihood and how to convey and nuture it in boys and yutes, or even straighten out wayward adult men. A major obstacle is the Leftist cultural program of tearing men down…and attempting to replace with women, by force if necessary and at the expense of society and humanity, including the integrity and dignity of women. God I hate deconstruction.

Tucker had a “Democratic strategist” on the other night to argue that breastfeeding is absolutely “not natural”. I bet a fair amount of males heads were nodding up and down….in agreement.

BTW when pressd by Tucker asking “what have we been doing now for 100’s of thousands of years without bottles”? She had no answer, except to say….”there were bottles.”

• Peter on May 3, 2017 at 11:52

I’m all for “men being men” in the best sense of the concept. Not sure what “liberals” have to do with it. Dismissing breastfeeding is obviously idiotic. Not sure that someone espousing that is representative of much more than being an idiot.

• thhq on May 3, 2017 at 18:10

What on earth were nursemaids for?

Back in the day all women were rich and had nursemaids.

Back in the day being called a cow was a badge of honor.

4. Hap on May 3, 2017 at 13:13

Notice….I never said “Liberal”….I said “Leftist” and Democratic strategist. As Lee Trevino famously said “you can’t talk to a hook, but you can reason with a fade”.

And as far as you might think that someone espousing the “unnatural” act of breastfeeding is idiotic, it is not necessarily rare. Presumably, you have not spent much time around a US University lately.

All that this person needed to say (instead of quoting a “study” from Pediatrics) was that it is a perfectly reasonable alternative, up for discussion and decision by parents, to forego breastfeeding for bottle feeding. There are a number of key reasons why parents might opt for bottle feeding.

However, this is not how the average Leftist goes about their “business”. Thinking and saying idiotic things is de rigeur, and if the rest of us do not like it….we must be idiots or worse…ie “deplorables”. Do we not now know that the pretenses are all discarded, any vestige of niceties dispensed?

Richard…knock em dead at 21.

• MAJ on May 3, 2017 at 17:24

I like you, Hap.

5. wallycat on May 3, 2017 at 20:39

I weep for huMANity.

6. Hap on May 3, 2017 at 21:02

Humxnty

7. Lollipop on May 4, 2017 at 00:45

If someone writes a book about a diet and that book claims their diet ‘cures’ certain things like cancer and diabetes, do they risk being sued by regulators?

• Richard Nikoley on May 4, 2017 at 06:38

Virtually anyone in business is always at risk of being sued by regulators.

• Hap on May 4, 2017 at 11:21

If you think the practice of medicine is regulated now…..wait until it’s completely a government funded program.

• Richard Nikoley on May 4, 2017 at 11:24

And also, when people begin begin seriously considering euthanasia policy seriously, because it will save them money.

• Hap on May 4, 2017 at 13:41

At that point the government would start to make the argument (actually it has already been advanced) that one would have a patriotic “duty” to die . Lets hope that the decisions made at end of life are not primarily government decision. Although, as a former probate judge friend of mine has observed “where there’s a Will, there’s a relative”. (See Prince).

People have already taken euthanasia seriously….as it is lawful elsewhere, primarily Netherlands (pretty good name for it), and pretty much there…in Oregon. However, if you live in Holland, do not fear, a panel of “doctors” can decide if it’s right for you.

8. Robert on May 4, 2017 at 02:30

I’m sorry for posting a completely unrelated question. I want to try Elixa. Is there a benefit for you Richard if I order it via the link here?

Also Richard, I seem to remember that when you tried probiotics, it cleared your sinuses. If so, which probiotics helped, and has the effect lasted? I’ve been breathing through just one nostril for a long time now.

And third, can I use your affiliate link on amazon.de? I’m in Europe, so have to use European amazon to get K2 and prebiotics.

• Robert on May 4, 2017 at 06:53

OK, I found the old comment. But the second question remain, did the effect last?

“Richard Nikoley February 13, 2014 at 16:54
      Gordon:

The SBOs, Prescript Assist, AOR Probiotic-3 and Primal Defense have resolved to 80-90% in about 10 days nagging sinus shit I’ve had forever. So nice to wake up to a clear sinus and easy breathing through the nose.”

• hap on May 5, 2017 at 18:03

I gotta say…that is pretty informing.

Here’s whaat happens to monkeys fed fructose sweetened kool aid for a year.

Not anywhere near as entertaining…..but also informative.

• Richard Nikoley on May 5, 2017 at 10:17

Hey Robert.

Thanks for asking. Yes, any of the Elixa links work, and yes, I have an affiliate relationship.

As to Amazon.de, I no longer maintain any of my international Amazon affiliate accounts. Wasn’t worth it, only US. So just order however you prefer.

Well, the only thing I use regular in probiotics is Elixa now, a few times per year. So long as I keep booze intake at sane levels, no sinus problems.

• Robert on May 5, 2017 at 13:32

Thanks a lot Richard, I will use your link for Elixa, and hopefully again in the future. The other ones are really expensive, especially if you need to take them always. Karl Seddon certainly makes a good case with his videos and all, and it’s a much more attractive prospect to take a short course of Elixa when you need it, not every single day for the rest of your life. Also clearly much easier to trust someone saying we shouldn’t take his product every day, just when needed.

Hmm, interesting with the alcohol. I do consume some alcohol. Never to intoxication, but sharing a bottle of wine with the wife almost daily. I’ve heard some suggestions on negative effects from alcohol on the microbiome or even gut permeability, but I’ve dismissed it since Europeans have been drinking daily as long as there has been people over here, and in middle East from the dawn of civilization. I’m no expert on blue zones, but certainly the hyped “Mediterranean diet” includes wine.

I also read an article that was referenced in a comment here. It was about alcohol consumption and death rates. It’s a j-curve, 1-2 drinks a day ideal. But interestingly, even drinking 6 units a day wasn’t as bad as drinking nothing.

Any commenters have a take on alcohol?

• Hap on May 5, 2017 at 15:43

Regarding ELIXA…..I have an anecdote. Obsessive BG testing during and after oral antibiotic therapy showed a spike that lasted longer than the treatment and did not normalize until after a dose of ELIXA.

I found that a little unnerving.

• Rober on May 6, 2017 at 03:50

Haha, hilarious video! So we’ve been drinking alcohol even before the dawn of civilization.

And it’s probably much better than drinking soda. I find that junk food naturally pairs well with junk drinks, and vice versa. A Big Mac with a glass of red Bordeux? I don’t think so. You need Coke.

A sourdough toast with foie gras and red onion confit served with a glass of coke? I don’t think so. But with a glass of Gewürtztraminer it’s heavenly.

• Robert on May 6, 2017 at 03:55

Hap,

It’s always very interesting for me with anecdotes on probiotics and prebiotics. At least the mixed reactions show why you can’t make sweeping recommendations.

Yours seem to support suspicion of dysbiosis as a factor of T2D.

I’ll give it a shot, and it will be interesting to see what happens.

• hap on May 7, 2017 at 20:54

Robert
      all I can say is that taking a course of a common antibiotic significantly correlated with markedlyelevated BG.

SOME HOW this normalized after elixa.

• Richard Nikoley on May 5, 2017 at 10:24

I think vegetables are fine, I think omnivory is fine. Probably eating a bit less (from good food sources) is probably more important than going one way or the other. Just eat whole food.

All of the Blue Zone folk are omnivorous, except for the 7th Day Adventists (but they eat eggs and dairy).

• Aldo on May 5, 2017 at 20:40

So the studies are acceptable? Or they aren’t?

9. thhq on May 5, 2017 at 19:47

Since we’re drifting…I received my cc of Linus Pauling’s How to Live Longer and Feel Better today. It was $4 and it’s even autographed. Not a bad deal.

The uninteresting part – vitamin megadosing – takes up at least 75% of the book. To summarize briefly, Pauling typically recommends 50-100 times the RDA for his favorites C, E and all the B’s. He also recommends moderately higher doses of A and D. One table of this would have done it for me, but this was Pauling’s thing. He wrote this when he was 84.

What was more interesting was the seven pages on macros, four pages on foods, nine pages on diets, and one page on exercise. Summarizing briefly:

Macros

.8g/kg protein. 50% of calories as carbs (he suggests 300g), preferably glucose with very little fructose (10g is a target). Use fat sparingly – he suggests government guidelines of 30%. For an 80 kg man I count this up to a total of around 2500 calories a day.

Foods

Not a lot here. Avoid excess fructose. He spends a page on Seffanson and Eskimos, but doesn’t draw any conclusions other than that fresh meat is best. In the end he recommends a mixed diet with limited added sugar and multivitamins.

Diets

Since Pauling is not pushing a diet, this is more compare and contrast. He uses Leibovitz as an evaluator, and rejects Pritikin and single food diets dich as brown rice as extreme. Yudkin’s ideas take up most of the discussion, and he comes away relatively unconcerned about animal fats, but highly concerned about excess dietary suctose. He particularly targets sugar in coffee and sodas for criticism. However he points out that neither he or Yudkin would pass up a dessert if offered.

Exercise

One graph, one study, but it says it all. A 460,000 participant study by Hammond published in 2964. At age 75, mortality is reduced from 30/1000 sedentary to 10/1000 with moderate exercise. The reduction increases up to age 90.

• thhq on May 7, 2017 at 08:32

It’s fairly easy to test the claims of Yudkin/Taubes/Pauling on sugar consumption using correlation of longevity vs grams sugar per day per capita for nations. Here’s the correlation for the 10 biggest sugar consuming nations, which are also affluent and healthy (all in the 40 longest lived group).

Age at death = 85 – .042 (g sugar per day)

Rsq = .05, so not very significant. But the indication is less sugar means longer life.

Now how much can you change it? The range above is 30 g/day, which would add about a year to lifespan. If you could get to a Japanese level of 50 g/day you could add close to 2 years.

While Yudkin and Taubes are right to a SMALL degree, sugar is not cigarettes or heroin or cyanide.

• Robert on May 7, 2017 at 23:35

thhq,

Thank you for an interesting calculation. But I wonder if there’s not a threshold, a certain amount of sugar you can consume without it taking off anything from your lifespan. We can’t​ use fructose for fuel, only the liver can handle it. If we eat glucose on the other hand, the whole body can use it, burn it off. If you flood the liver with fructose, bad things will happen. A little bit it can handle.

Pauling’s and Yudkin’s stand, to stay away from sugar, but not pass up offered dessert, seems like a sensible approach.

• thhq on May 8, 2017 at 05:38

Reading Pauling’s wacky recommendations on vitamins, I see more of the religious dietary law aspect. At the core there’s sense to kosher and halal, but it gets lost in embellishment and made abeolute. Thou shalt not skip thy multivitamin even for a day. Thou shalt not take any excess minerals or you will die. And strangely, Pauling doesn’t tout natural sources. Everything is pills. NO OJ FOR YOU.

I pay a lot of attention to rsq in correlation. The sugar vs longevity rsq = .05 means that there’s only a 5% chance that the correlation is meaningful at all. In the plainest terms, it doesn’t explain the difference between Mexico and Belgium. They eat the same amount of sugar – 90-100 grams a day – but Belgians live 4 years longer. So you start to see that longevity is multifactorial. Other factors explain 95% of the causality. Sugar’s effect is only one of many.

• thhq on May 9, 2017 at 04:53

Sources for added sugar consumption aren’t hard to find.

If non-affluent countries were added, what little negative correlation there is would disappear. Poorer nations eat little added sugar and are not long lived. India and Egypt, for instance eat under 20 g per capita, but life expectancies are 69 and 73 respectively. High sugar consumption would start to look like a health benefit, with a positive correlation to longevity. This is a case of “correlation is not causation” IMO. But it also emphasizes the weakness of the “sugar is poison” argument. There are too many factors other than added sugar that are more important for determining longevity.

• Robert on May 9, 2017 at 08:21

Yes, many things can indeed kill you, not just sugar. But I suspect that if you looked at T2D and obesity prevalence correlated to sugar, you might see a stronger correlation. Is T2D even possible without over-consumption of fructose I sometimes wonder. Gorging on fat+glucose will of course get you fat, but might spare you from the dangerous fat on the internal organs. Fructose seems to lead directly to fatty liver, which gives insulin resistance, then fatty pancreas, and insulin production can’t keep up.

On the other hand, my dad was never big on sugar. He did eat some candy, some dessert. He was much more into beer, fast food, and ended up with T2D.

• thhq on May 9, 2017 at 12:06

Overeating, especially glucose, is what does it Robert. Beer and chips will do it just as surely as sugar cookies.

I think that is what confounds the Mexico results. They eat sugar like the UK and Belgium, bur they also have the highest obesity rates in the world. They got fat overeating too much of everything. And starch plus fat is the cheapest combination, with or without sugar.

• Richard Nikoley on May 10, 2017 at 13:33

“They got fat overeating too much of everything.”

I’m pretty confident that mass produced four tortillas over traditionally produced corn tortillas are at the root.

They chow them like they’re going out of style.

10. Hap on May 7, 2017 at 10:44

However, accoerding to modern “liberal” doctrine…….weed is a cure all. Totally benign. Second hand smoke….will kill you instantly. Sugar, close behind.

Opiates a massive new scourge. Doctors are at fault.

• thhq on May 7, 2017 at 12:20

Old Taubes tales.

The sugar vs longevity correlation just occurred to me out of the blue. I used to use correlations of all kinds in when I was working in industrial R&D. They help sort the real effects from the imaginary.

• thhq on May 12, 2017 at 10:27

Jayson Lusk did the all-nations sugar vs longevity correlation

And yes, eating more sugar does correlate strongly with longer lives. But IMO it’s only evidence that optimal nutrition is meaningless if you’re starving to death.

11. Ellisabeth on June 25, 2017 at 14:01

Richard, I hope you are not speaking on nutrition at this convention. My boyfriend is attending, and I told him that I would break up with him immediately if he were to follow any of your advice regarding diet or personal hygiene.

Marrying an overweight man with rank body odor is not on my bucket list.

• Richard Nikoley on June 25, 2017 at 14:12

You know what I’ll do instead, Ellisabeth?

I’ll seek him out and make sure he understands a few things about marrying and not getting _himself_ in the bucket.

“I told him that I would break up with him immediately if he were to follow any of your advice regarding diet or personal hygiene.”

If he’s a man worth _any_ female marrying, he’ll call your cunty bluff immediately.

• Richard Nikoley on June 25, 2017 at 15:08

Hey Liz, of course, I screen clipped the above exchange and posted it to Facebook publicly, tagging Anthony Johnson.

“Well, if that’s not an ominous signal for dire danger ahead in a relationship, I don’t know what is. Posting something like that publicly, where it’s not going to be hard to figure out who the unfortunate dude is. You’re giving him relationship ultimatums in public? To strangers?

“This is, incidentally, from someone I have never met nor do I know from any random Jane.

Heheheh, @Anthony Paul Johnson.”