Tom Naughton Is A Gift That Keeps On Giving

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.24.07 AM

I really did like the movie and still do. I smiled to myself a few times recently when we were unpacking boxes—consolidating the wares of two homes into one—and coming across copies of Tom’s DVD I have. I gave out a lot of them over the years and I still would.

I never let the perfect be the enemy of the good and I’d recommend that film to anyone, anytime, without a second thought.

But on the inside, we deal with the nitty gritty.

I got up to this stuff this morning and I like it. Take a look, then I’ll tell you why I like it.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.36.24 AM

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.37.23 AM

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.37.54 AM

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.38.58 AM

Mick Hamblen is pretending he’s special. It was an email out to 5,000 subscribers.

…Well. Please let Kiran Wagle, of Boston, MA, from Minneapolis, followed by a shit-ton of 112 people know that I got his message. He wants me burned alive.

“Set the motherfucker on fire already.”

Reiteration.

“So basically he’s a completely crazy person who needs to be burned alive so he stops wasting air and water.

“Please tell him I said that. I just want him to know what I really think of him!”

Oh, I love the exclamation point.

So, let’s move onto the serious commenters, pro and con.

Frances Kelly: One doesn’t have “issues.” One has problems or has no problems, or in-between. I find my intermittent anger to be an asset. Moreover; it, too, exists on a continuum and a scale. For instance, I could be doing this post angered, or overjoyed, and I’d bet most people wouldn’t be able to tell much difference. Most of my vitriol is more calculated than emotional.

Suzzane Horlock: You’re of the special sort of dumb that just keeps keeping me engaged.

“Yea, it’s totally unnecessary and frankly offensive.”

Hey Suzzane, shut your cock holster long enough to watch this and understand that nobody cares that you’re offended.

Mark Salameda: Dude, you owned the thread. You hit the base essentials and then drove it home as to why this way of thinking can work for someone who wants to be on stage, or look good for their mate.

Solid. Shit. Man. Hat. Off.

David Lawrence: You made a decent point. Flip-flopping is a criticism that bears distinction. In the political realm, it’s often valid because a politician switches positions based on polling and other data, trying to be a good politician. I’m just trying to be a good curmudgeon. Shit makes sense to me, or it doesn’t and I’m always about integration and synthesis more than anything. It’s good if vegans take some ideas from paleo and vice versa, and create a new paradigm.

Sharon Pederson: The business classes I aced at Oregon State in the early 1980s were marketing, accounting, all et cetera. The difference is that I care for customers long term and what’s more, I’ve always considered it my role to educate customers so that they can be good customers. The customer is always wrong, but that’s just a challenge.

John J Case III: LOL.

I don’t know much about him, he has been around the keto scene a lot longer than I have. Two takeaways from what contact I have had.

1. He’s a low carb vegan (at least as low as practical for that format) and a big fan of that vegan diabetes “reversal” clinic out west (US)

2. He hates anyone making money off Keto. It’s like he thinks he practically invented it, so it’s wrong for these newbies to make money off his idea. [emphasis added]

…You’ve heard me talk about Dunning-Kruger pretty often, right?

Dunning Kruger Chart

There’s your textbook, right there in plain sight. Unfortunately, he may be the IIId case in a row. He posted this, too, after someone schooled his ignorance. But, in classic Dunning-Kruger, he must keep on talking:

I think his non-vegan version of the vegan HCLF T2D diet is interesting. That said, I suspect it’s not as effective as LCHF, and I wonder what motivates him to eat crap like fruit and oatmeal and call it more balanced.

He’s stupid, and he’s posturing because he got his dick spanked by David Lawrence. As I merely recall, the Newcastle protocol uses an LC 800 kcal diet to reverse type 2 diabetes in 80% of subjects, so the turd (the IIIrd) didn’t even bother to get anywhere up to speed before going DK.

And for what it’s worth yea, I have blogged about Dr. Gabriel Cousins a time or two. he has video documented evidence of reversing T2 in a month in his clinic. It would be totally “Turd” (IIIrd) of me to not let folks know, in case that sort of thing might be for them.

…This was a gift this morning that gave me some good insight. I guess, seriously, I have to thank Tom for that and for allowing the discussion. Many places would not. I always see everything. The praise and the scorn….and I always want to see both. Comment sections on blogs are always to some degree echo-chambers so it is a huge bonus for me to see in a rather antagonistic place that it’s rather damn chiller than I thought. You’ll hopefully excuse me if I look at it overall and think, “yep, that’s about right.”

Sure, confirmation bias is pervasive and I know that well. But, here’s the deal for me. I look at that thread, realize I’m the impetus of the conversation, and it’s quite clear to me that everyone needs to be talking about me a lot more.

Thanks for talking about me.

1. charles on August 21, 2017 at 12:11

Isn’t making threats a reason to get suspended by Facebook??

• Richard Nikoley on August 21, 2017 at 13:08

Oh, no, not at all.

Here’s the hierarchy.

1. Gender
      2. Race
      3. Offensive to special people of 1 or 2.

• Emma on August 25, 2017 at 15:47

Honey, you don’t know much about Facebook. I’ve been called an “n-word,” an “n-word lover,” and also a racist on Facebook, and nobody cared no matter how much it was reported. They’ve also had problems with people live-streaming rapes and posting photos/videos of the bodies of dead black men murdered by police, and nobody on the Facebook mod team cared. Facebook also shut down posts about white male rapists on campuses all across the country, because… ? I know old white men like to believe that feminists and BLM and whatever other scary monsters are ruining their precious old white right to “free speech” (slurs), but believe me, you’re well in the clear saying any of that shit on Facebook. The actual Facebook hierarchy is:

1. Naked lady nipples

I don’t mind insults, invective, or polemics. I mind a dumb woman’s mouth being referred to as a “cock holster,” and a dumb man’s mouth being allowed to remain open without comment. It’s tacky.

• Richard Nikoley on August 25, 2017 at 16:23

No, “honey,” you’re ignorant.

I have been suspended by Facebook seven times, currently undergoing my third 30-day suspension in the last year.

Now shut your stupid cock holster.

• Emma on August 25, 2017 at 17:43

Oh, old white man! So aaaaangry! So comprehensively impotent! An old white man who thinks anecdotes related to weight loss are irrelevant to scientific narratives, but that anecdotes related to Facebook suspensions prove policy excludes himself from qualifying as a reliable narrator. You were probably so obnoxious to so many people that Facebook had to ban you or risk bad press or other revenue-damaging consequences, old white man. That doesn’t prove that Facebook isn’t shit at protecting vulnerable people. Old white men are famous for their inability to view the world in realistic terms; they think, for example, that when young women refuse to suck their wrinkled dicks, it means that the women are entitled, feminist bitches. Not that their old white dicks are unappetizing. Your identity and opinions are getting marked down in the open marketplace, old white man. Your irrational ragewhining contributes to their continued devaluation.

The world is changing, old white man. It’s changing faster every day.
      Cry harder.

By the way, old white man, I want you to know that I’m not “offended” by your slurs. It’s almost impossible to be offended by an old white man; you can’t blame a dog for pissing on the rug. I’m just going to go apply my cock-holster to something that tastes a little better. Have a lovely day, you poor sad saggy old white man. PRO TIP: Put on another pair of sunglasses for your next selfie. Two pairs might disguise how old and white you are.

• Richard Nikoley on August 25, 2017 at 21:25

The problem, “honey,” is that your own race males prefer and seek satisfaction outside your own offerings in large enough numbers that it’s noteworthy.

No class of people but the black woman has been made so socially pathetic.

I say “made” for a reason.

Let’s see if you can get over my dick long enough to figure what I’m talking about.

• Emma on August 25, 2017 at 22:34

Great reply, you saggy old white man! The insertion of your irrelevant penis into the discussion, again, is a particular point of interest.

I’m not a black woman, though. Also, black women aren’t a class. Black women are of many different classes, including the “highly-educated rich elitist class,” which I’m sure is your problem with them in the first place.

I guess you think that black men have earned being shot in the back by police because they sometimes play outside the arbitrarily-determined racial limitations old white men set for them? By fucking white women? I mean? It’s hard to know how that tiny, narrow, closed mind thinks. I suppose that makes it extra sad for you when you remember than even desperate, abandoned black women don’t want to fuck you, and you have to resort to imaginary oral sex with unwitting female Facebook commenters.

I actually read about eight articles on your horrible website yesterday, and thought they were insightful and reasonable, if a little heavy on the insults. I even signed up for the newsletter. (Canceling that shit the minute it mails.) Then I came across the out-and-proud racist, sexist, Islamophobic bigot shit being poorly articulated by a sad old white fool who thinks he’s Carlin but is actually the nursing home inmate who wandered out of the dining hall and is shouting at clouds on Main Street in a bathrobe.

Enjoy your irrational, unmotivated bigotry, you sorry old white fool. May Facebook ban you forever. You deserve it. I’m sure there’s someone somewhere else who can articulate criticisms of ketogenic diets without letting his pathetic dick get in the way every time he opens his mouth.

• Richard Nikoley on August 26, 2017 at 06:33

What value are you acting FOR here, Emma?

• Steven on August 26, 2017 at 12:49

Holy shit… Where the hell do these feel sorry for themselves miscreants come from.

Emma,

White men, by far, are more likely to be the victims of police brutality. White men are murdered way more often by cops than blacks. It’s just blacks are good at 2 things, playing victim and blaming everyone else for problems they could easily correct if they decided to actually care.

The most stunning capitulation to stupidity: you are seeking answers in the first place from a bunch of old white guys, that you hate and claim hate you, to your problems then bitch about how white guys are oppressing everyone.

Damn Richard, you normally have a bunch or really bright people here commenting and helping others how in the hell did you get this poop stain on you blog.

Oh and Emma, if you have any sense, you should shut up and actually listen. The only reason you would not learn anything is because you are being purposefully obtuse. I have been reading this blog longer than any other by several years. Your ‘host’ here may be a bit gruff but by far the most reasonable in that he will always err on the side of proof and not feelings.

P.S. My parents of literally off the boat from the Middle East and I can guarantee you blacks have it easier in the USofA than any other group. I have seen all sides as I grew up in Detroit and know for a fact that all of their problems are home brewed.

• John on August 30, 2017 at 06:01

This was a hilarious read. Emma is in a different reality.

• Richard Nikoley on August 30, 2017 at 07:07

Her own Private Idaho.

2. Jo tB on August 22, 2017 at 22:29

John Cleese gives an excellent explanation of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

And how about the president

3. John on August 23, 2017 at 13:11

Yeah you fucking shit bag idiot loser. I really don’t like how you are offensive and rude and it upsets me to read your stupid drivel shit-tier screeds. You’re TOTALLY FUCKING UNHINGED. Quit writing and go back to eating garbage like fruit instead of refined animal fats. I just cannot stand shit talkers.

Amirite circle-jerk-hypocrite-friends?!

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2017 at 15:21

Dude. You almost got me. Until I loked at the email address.

Valid troll.

• John on August 23, 2017 at 17:59

🙂 when is your FB ban over?

• Richard Nikoley on August 23, 2017 at 19:25

Oh geez, at least three more weeks.