Hef

IMG_0765

Courtesy of my quirky friend, Desiree. She’s to Hugh’s immediate left.

No male in the history of humanity ever did more to celebrate, enhance, and encourage the rational male drive to love, adore, protect, fight for, and die for the female.

Other’s did a lot, but most of it revolved around duty, shame, and obligation.

Hugh was among the first, but unarguably the best, to show us why we would want to do it anyway, because it was always visceral. And it’s not like tits and pussy were anything to discover. It was the liberating artistry of showing it explicitly, with just enough held back—for the pure pleasure of it.

Hef was also of great service to women. He gave them clues as to how to be ideal women, because an ideal woman is one that a man can’t help himself over.

An ideal man is utterly powerless against an ideal woman.

1. Hap on September 28, 2017 at 08:47

Interesting commentary. You should quit your day job and join the professoriate as I would love to attend your lectures on this important subject.

I wonder how it would compete with such other illuminating courses, like “toxic masculinity”.

I suspect you would have some trouble with tenure.

However, the “research” is hands on.

2. Phil on September 28, 2017 at 09:38

That last line — POW.

You could write a book from that one sentence.

• fearless on September 28, 2017 at 12:26

The world stopped making ideal women in the late 1960s. They are no longer available. Sorry.

3. Hap on October 4, 2017 at 16:39

A nice discussion re: The Hef with the always insightful Dr Paglia.

I don’t understand why she is so reasonable….she doesn’t have to be.

• Richard Nikoley on October 4, 2017 at 19:03

Yea, had seen it so in my reading list.

4. Jennifer on October 6, 2017 at 18:35

As a woman who, as a teenager, was raised in a fundamentalist Calvinist culture, this man was a hero…bottom line. If you have been raised to believe that your body was a source of shame and, please….do not underestimate the importance of this man and his vision of woman as sexual beings who could enjoy tempting and pleasing men while also obtaining their OWN pleasure and sense of power.

The most healing and empowering thing I did in my twenties was taking a job as a cocktail waitress in a strip club. Much more helpful than the college feminist group 😉

• Hap on October 10, 2017 at 07:52

Life experience always better than echo chamber therapy.