Apparently The Japanese Government Doesn’t Think Bitcoin Is A Joke

Graph-1

Note to all the naysayers, mockers, and Luddites: See the story here.

That is all.

…Well, no, wait. For years and years, I’ve been watching so-called libertarians spout off about money, finance, FRB, gold, etc. They have never fooled me.

Dunning Kruger Chart

Neither do the “experts” who’ve—since 2010—written 171 obituaries for Bitcoin and counting.

1. fearless on October 1, 2017 at 14:35

I will sign up for your Patron thing when you’re shredded.

How’s the physical stuff going anyway? Calorie control, high protein and 5×5 was last thing I recall you were doing. This is pretty much what I am doing and the result has been unexpected muscle gain. I am old so I didn’t expect any muscle gain but after 25 years in the gym I am finally making gains again.

• fearless on October 1, 2017 at 14:38

Eggs, whey, creatine and workout BCAA are my supps of choice. 2,200 calories and 200 grams of protein a day.

• Richard Nikoley on October 3, 2017 at 23:45

“I will sign up for your Patron thing when you’re shredded.“

That’s the most pussy-boy shit I’ve read in a while, and you’re an old dude?

You need to stop reading my stuff right away.

Save the 5 bucks a month, dude. If your actions are predicated on my personal choices and even to your own potential detriment (yea, I know, you don’t take crypto seriously, you’ll throw me a bone), then you have an issue my shred won’t help with even if I cared about that and I don’t. My clothes fit, and I’m not vying for model status.

Your reasons for not getting into cryptocurrency pertain to you, which I have no argument with.

Do, or do not. Either way, effect on me, it will have not.

• fearless on October 4, 2017 at 02:17

I am in crypto and have been for a while. It’s not enough to retire but enough to feel safe if I need to flee the country or something. I have not sold any as I am concerned about potential tax implications and the more you spend the more traceable your crypto becomes. By the time I need to use it, tax will be the last thing on my mind though.

I would still like to know how your diet and fitness experiment is going if you would care to share. You’re blog is the only health and fitness blog I follow since Art Devany paywalled himself.

• fearless on October 4, 2017 at 02:30

*your (doh!)

• Richard Nikoley on October 4, 2017 at 08:11

I spent from 5:30am yesterday to 9 digging deep on tax implications. Obviously, back and forth to fiat is a tax event, but what about alt to alt? That’s what I’m talking about. What about debit card arbitrage?

Anyway, in July I got a pretty bad left elbow injury (Tennis elbow) whilst building out the platform downstairs and perhaps, compounding it with standing presses by cleaning from bench height.

Let it heal, and it has, so back to the gym this week. Current food is high protein, low fat, with beans and potatoes primarily.

• Hap on October 4, 2017 at 16:36

“Current food is high protein, low fat, with beans and potatoes primarily.”

Does not sound very ketotardic….but probably satisfying.

Tonight is steak and potato and green grilled veggie.

You are lucky your epicondylitis healed reasonably quickly as well as completely. These can be nasty buggers.

• Richard Nikoley on October 4, 2017 at 19:02

Yea, I know. I saw people get it in the 70s when as a high school lad, was getting into tennis.

That’s why I made myself wait.

2. Hap on October 1, 2017 at 16:29

I am certainly not a mocker or scoffer or hardly a luddite. I just don’t necessarily take risks and necessarily carve out time and ascend the curve of virtual money, no do I wish to leave it exclusively to someone else .

It’s partly a stage of life thing……..

I am a skeptic regarding psychology studies that come to conclusions of various cognitive bias. Notice that in DK…..the experts DK, conclude that the x axis is “competence” and the highest values are “expert”….with close to the highest values of “confidence”, similar to the what they would like to call “the stupid”.

It reminds me of modern post enlightenment progressivism in which the experts (duly and internally ordained in their own institutions of religious science), confidently manage, with scientific precision and confidence, the least of which is comprehended by science and it’s methods. And to place those skills in opposition, without accountability, to organically grown, time tested, and informal knowledge…..which of course is despised as retrograde and irrational (another bias of experts).

DK assumes competence to be measurable, but I find it to be arrogant and unaccountable and that much of what is called science, is not really in the realm of things that are amenable to exploration by the scientific method.

Merton Scholes….Nobel Laureates…blew up a multibillion dolllar hedge fund with their quantitative competence. What price is paid for these mistakes.

The Theory seems internally inconsistent and reliant on the deferral to authority argument. That’s why so called competence is associated with so called confidence……

Anyway, I strongly support what you are doing to familiarize yourself with the issues surround digital money and making that accumulation of knowledge available to whoever asks. If you happen to fuck up, I would expect that you , and very few others, would make that clear as well.

Its a very interesting subject and requires experience as opposed to the much more flimsy “expert” designations. Digital money seems a Libertarian or quasi anarchic idea and poses potential threats to fiat money and government control of that which is very difficult to control, even with government intervention. Some of my friends who are commodity and money traders look at this with mixed emotions…..on one hand they love volatility…on the other they are freaked out by volatility that is unrestrained by some convention (one being the order of trustworthy exchanges). the Japanese are presumably very interested in keeping close tabs and even some influence over the development of this system. I will indeed follow this with you as long as you are willing to share.

• Richard Nikoley on October 2, 2017 at 09:41

Haha, Hap. Yep, no doubt. It’s possible to be very Dunning-Kruger about one’s competence over Dunning-Kruger vis-a-vis willingness to spout off about it. It’s not even ironic. 🙂

• Hap on October 3, 2017 at 07:39

Goldman now considering trading crypto

3. Hap on October 2, 2017 at 10:35

I think Kahneman integrity intellectually intact at the time of first awareness (in the scientific sense) of cognitive bias. Now, cognitive bias is everywhere and the “science” is really just a poorly executed form of bias looking for bias….which it has concluded it has already found. QED

If an evolutionary biologist, which I am not, then the real question is what is the function of bias…as it must be adaptive by definition. It’s good to know when there is bias, but not in real life…but in interpreting scientific explorations (ie experiements and conclusions).

DK did not even show that the “incompetent” are stupid and the “expert” knowledgeable ….only that both are confident…..and folks inbetween are bewildered (more like they are frustrated). Which I bet they are not…..they use heuristics. Something that “right or wrong” gets you most of the way to survival.

the outright stupid and the most accomplish experts can be equally confident about the same foolishness, even similar in their reasoning. I don’t know…what comes to mind is frisking 90 year old barely walking grandmothers at airports in long TSA lines, in order to avoid perceptions of bias in looking for terrorists.

• Hap on October 3, 2017 at 12:45

Frankly, it is not important anymore (or ever?) that someone espousing or commenting/forecasting/predicting should actually turn out to be correct. It just matters that the person is confident and self assured, with ample bluster….which allow him/her to move on from subject to subject, blathering , and getting more publicity (retweeting, requiting, republishing) and more opportunities for more BS.

It also helps a lot to be in denial and a good liar.

• Richard Nikoley on October 3, 2017 at 21:22

This is so much the reason that Paleo, as an example, didn’t work for me in terms of building from the high influence I had as of about 2012. I just wasn’t willing to be dishonest, compromise my integrity, shit on my own brand, etc.

I’m fucking Richard Nikoley. Perhaps trite, but my wife would tell me that, and she’d know. Curiously, she’d rather be personally put off with what I write (she often is) than have me write to please her or anyone else. “You’re Richard Nikoley,” she says to me.

I pretty much find that most people are dishonest and what I call “automatic liars.”