For The Love Of God Shut Those Douglas High School Children Up

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

I was sitting here this morning at the Worldmark timeshare in Vegas meandering here and there on the MacBook Air over what “everyone” seems to think is the waning end of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency in general (see what happens when you get too exuberant, too quick?) and flipped on the TeeVee.

It defaulted to one of the news channels—don’t remember which—and it soon became apparent that it didn’t matter which. They were all streaming the same greenish baby poop emanating from of the mouths of children at Douglas High School expressing their feelings. Well, duh. They just experienced a traumatic event where 17 fellows died, and amazingly, with zero competent protectors on hand to actually protect them from a lone crazy, a fellow student.

Where were the parents? Where were the cops? Is that a double “loophole?”

Were they waiting in line at the Starbucks drive thru and donut drive thru, respectively? Or, maybe they were at important jobs in the quotidian quest to sustain unsustainable lifestyles where, part of the style of most lives includes bearing children that comes with a simple deal, in exchange:

1. You protect, nourish, shelter, and educate them during their dependent, formative years.
  2. So that they become competent adults in their own right who go and do likewise, in their own right.

Instead, we see a massive default on the core human job of always imperfect, but nonetheless decent parenting. It’s been a thing for a few million years, now. What’s the problem? Distraction?

Momma bear knows how to raise baby bear.

Check into it. Good parenting. It’s a real thing. And when leftist and Democrat political activism attains such an evil level that that they secretly feel glee after each of these horrendous events they’ve been prime movers in creating for political gain, we see what looks to me like a breakdown in social fabric—and what’s more societal fabric than raising, protecting, nourishing, and sheltering your children? Children in general, really—we all adore them. It’s not political football, folks. It should be something visceral, for all human animals.

In short, the leftists and Democrats have made political pawns and acceptable expendables of school children. Because they are evil beyond core evil. Sorry, there are no exceptions unless they wish to plead encephalitis. But no social breakdown, no cost in young and unprotected lives is too great in the quest to get back at white dudes like me who like their guns and who are highly competent with them. I grew up with them all around me.

They want to mold American men into Euro pussy boys. They’ll have to go fuck themselves because it isn’t happening. The good Euro genetic stock—including my dad—left that wanker paradise decades ago. (I know there are exceptions.)

So here’s what we’re left with.

On the one hand, you have all the news networks live streaming children who’ve suddenly become masters of public policy, as though it’s a State Of The Union Address.

On the other hand, you have The Usual Suspects, including the President, offering “legislation.” Again. So they’re placating the tykes. Of course. It’s no different that placating a leftist or Democrat. Even though Donald gives lip service to smarter people in saying, paraphrasing, “not just feel good, but effective,” in the end, it always amounts to just more restriction on the vast majority of folk who own the 300 million guns in America and does nothing to the crazies but show them what they have to do to get around the new “law” in order to do what they’re going to do anyway, which is find a way to kill a lot of people quick and make the evening news. Lot of ways to do that.

It’s tough to come to a final but rational realization that nobody on the political gridiron truly wants a way to seriously deter such events, because they are political gold or crypto capital for everyone. Gets them on TeeVee.

…In the end, I can be a bit less brutal to the kids. I understand they hurt. Jesus. But they are asking the wrong questions, looking in the wrong places, and are demanding the wrong measures.

1. They should be taking their parents to task for placing them, involuntarily, in a place that’s a known defenseless shooting gallery target by political purpose and design.
  2. They should be asking “why have you made us such a rich target for crazies?”
  3. They should be asking “why, if you have armed and competent protectors in so many places, we can’t have any?”
  4. They should be asking “why is the majority of armed competent police and sheriff being used to conduct street and highway robbery to raise revenue?”

So perhaps, being optimistic by nature, trying to hide it, the kids serve a role.

Perhaps, parents, adults, and politicians should feel embarrassed. They certainly should and the solution is simple. Install competent, armed protection in schools. Pay for it by ceasing to pay bloated administration to the tune of wasted billions nationwide.

Final thought: stop taking knives to gunfights. And, “legislation” is less effective than knives, in gunfights.

Curious about Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency phenomenon, or not, but just want to support all of my work on all channels? Then check out my Patreon Profile.

1. Resurgent on February 21, 2018 at 15:14

Here is another point of view:

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2018 at 07:03

Haha. Good old Fred Reed. His blog never changes.

I should probably read him regularly but it would take away thinking time for mysel.

Anyway, that was a nice run through the nostalgia I experienced myself in the grade schools of Reno in the 60s and 70s.

2. Resurgent on February 21, 2018 at 15:12

Richard, cannot agree more..!

Here is a response of a Florida teacher Ms Raley. Kelly Guthrie Raley has been teaching for 20 years and currently educates kids at Eustis Middle School in Lake County, Florida. Just last month she was named the 2017-2018 Teacher of the Year. I hope we have more like her.

Ms Raley writes:

Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine…it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school…because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2018 at 06:55

Yea, saw that the other day, forwarded it to Bea, too.

3. Christina on February 22, 2018 at 08:08

Amen. I heard one of the kids speaking last night on the radio and I thought, “Shut up, shut up, shut up!!” He just wouldn’t stop speaking.

The failures came from gun-free zones, the school board’s policies in Broward County of not reporting student criminal behavior, government policies towards the mentally deranged, and the school police department and FBI dropping the ball. What the heck was the school’s police department doing? This was a known wolf and he was allowed to have his way.

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2018 at 08:42

It boggles the mind, which is why the only logical conclusion is that the left just loves this stuff. Evil incarnate.

4. Hap on February 22, 2018 at 09:06

So….a guy goes into a mall or a restaurant and shoots the place up. A phalanx of lawyers soon congregates and sues everybody with a wallet. Guy goes into the school…..shoots the place up…..no lawsuits (government protected schools and FBI), no direct consequence. Risk transferred to guns (or dissipated in abyss of government incompetence). A phalanx of lawyers(and politicians) soon congregates.

By product…no effective solutions considered or implemented. Responsible gun owners further eroded constitutional right.

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2018 at 09:15

Of course, though I think that’s a side deal.

Shooters choose schools because the left (and right….Bush, the equally dumb, signed the “Gun Free Zone” Act) wanted to make free-range shooting targets for political antagonism which the media promotes and it’s an orgy of evil all around.

Check out Lapierre’s speech this morning.

Every. Single. Word.

But the activists aren’t interested.

I’m sitting here watching Rubio talking about various masturbatory legislation.

And so it goes as it always goes. More legislation. The underlying and inherent impotence is palpable.

• Hap on February 22, 2018 at 11:37

I actually heard much of Lapierre’s speech which of course made sense to me…..therefore it must be reviled by the Left.

Leftists activists need to get a life other than entertaining their utopian fantasies for human perfection (at everybody else’s expense) 24/7. I guess that is my fantasy.

5. Jack Russell on February 22, 2018 at 11:07

Obviously the FBI knew about the killers intention. It appears to me they wanted him to do his rampage and somehow blame Pres. Trump for this. Which is why they didn’t stop him. Just like Kate Stenliegh, the left wants to use innocent people to further their agenda and protect Crooked Hillary.

• Hap on February 22, 2018 at 11:34

you could connect the dots that way……but a stretch IMO

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2018 at 15:21

I think of it more generally that such events simply advance leftist narrative.

As to the FBI, nothing special about employees wanting bosses that they like better. Hillary would have been a known element and Trump, maybe a task master toward what their actual job is.

6. Tim J Penner on March 7, 2018 at 09:04

If civilian disarmament is the answer, why be the last to do the right thing?

Let all Democrats unilaterally disarm.

The rest will see the wisdom of the wise ones and join them.

While we are at it, let the Democrats tear down their walls. Trump can learn from Zuckerberg.

Meanwhile, I will be over here with my thermometer waiting for hell to freeze over.

7. Carlos Marrero on March 11, 2018 at 21:46

I don’t really know what my opinion is here and I’m just putting this less as an opinion and more me thinking out loud and to hopefully be discussed with others.

first: isn’t this kind of this shooting rampage exceedingly rare enough that even me talking about it now is rationally unwarranted?

Second and in the same exceedingly rare way: Isn’t the idea of putting competent gunners in the school rationally unwarranted and more likely to cause more problems than solve them? Yes the emphasis should be on competent gunners but they aren’t always competent case in point the incompetent gunner/cop who was there.

Third and probs most important: isn’t placing more competent gunners in the schools sort of treating the symptom and not the underlying disease? Minimize possible death and pain I guess, but aren’t we missing the mark?

Again just a hopeful discussion, not trying to troll with tact.

First time to the site. Thanks to the author for his efforts and shared words. I enjoy his truth seeking.

• Tim J Penner on March 13, 2018 at 07:40

It is rare. Some reports say it is more rare now than years ago.

“Think of the children” has nothing to do with the wellbeing of the children. The left uses children as human shields as cover for the imposition of their ideology.

My theory: its all misandry (hatred of men just for living).

Men love gathering with other men in estrogen free zones to celebrate guns, cars and competition, with a beer. Beer prohibition was about shutting down the watering holes. Now gun prohibition.

Men also love pretty girls. NFL cheer leaders are on screen for generally no more than 5 seconds per game. One thousand one, one thousand two, … Yes I counted. Booth babes, NASCAR and so on. There is now a beauty prohibition.

Feminists now support the Hijab and the Burka. A cloth bag over the head to hide what has become of leftist women.

The Hijab and Burka are basically the KKK hood, without the pointy top and in black. Yes I am implying that the KKK hood is a Burka for men. The Ninja hood is the Burka for Antifa.

8. Carlos Marrero on March 11, 2018 at 21:59

Also in relation to our fucked up culture isn’t overly prioritizing rare events (cnn looping dead shot up kids, looping police presence videos, talking about the type of gun used BUMP STOCKS! And showing that idiots face/name on tv as THE KILLER!) giving the pitiful souls that shoot up these schools the fame they desire?

• Tim J Penner on March 13, 2018 at 07:44

A number of non left commenters have decided not to promote the person doing the crime.

The logic is the same as streakers from the past. Streaking used to be a thing. When everyone started ignoring the interruption, streaking quickly stopped.