The Artful Character of President Donald Trump

Yasuhiko Genku Kimura

I never had any illusions about Trump being a principled person to an extreme or uncompromising level. I knew that he was pragmatic, but also that to the extent he was, his driving motivations were largely pure. That is, I sensed that his heart was in the right place. And this, I believe, is why he was generally liked by folks of all walks, both sides of isles, and from floors to ceilings all of his life—until he took on the establishment…the Swamp, Cabal, Deep State…whatever you wish to call it.

Up to then, he was known for getting things done, helping people, helping his community, and generally being a remarkable value producer, humanitarian, and business-driven philanthropist—meaning: the kind who creates jobs and opportunities, as opposed to politically-driven philanthropist, the kind who does it for show.

Then Covid-19 happened and I became disappointed in him, because though he’s not primarily operating from classically liberal principles I expected at least some adherence to core American basics, which were being trashed. I laid out some of those frustrations here: CORONAVIRUS #5: AMERICA IS TOAST.

At this point, I would be all for a peaceful military coup, organized and carried out by conservative generals and admirals—and not only of the federal government, but each state government as well.

Understand: we have come to the point where “America” is a distinction with little to no difference from just about any authoritarian regime that operates out of political and state interest only, not from a founding document of separations, rules, and limits on the state.

Harsh.

Now comes Yasuhiko Genku Kimura, a man I’ve been aware of since the early ’90s and with whom I’ve since become friends. You can see a video interview Andy Curzon and I did with him about 6 month ago; ironically, the day before I left the USA: DISCUSSIONS 9: YASUHIKO GENKU KIMURA TALKS ABOUT CULTURE, BEING, AND OMNICENTRICITY.

Yasuhiko has penned two essays about President Trump’s artfulnes.

Trump and The Art of War

This I have said and written many times since late 2016. Those who have not studied Sun Tzu’s The Art of War (孫子兵法) can never fully understand Trump and his way. Richard Feynman said, “What I cannot create, I do not understand.” Trump’s understanding of (military) strategy is on the level of its original creator. That is the reason that Trump has consistently outwitted the Chinese elite in the art of (political and trade) war. All of them studied and are adept at 孫子兵法 and The Thirty-Six Stratagem (三十六計) but Trump has been consistently more creative and innovative in the application of the art.

“Warfare is one thing. It is a Philosophy/Tao of Deception (情者詭道也).” Trump characterizes himself as “wartime president”, and he applies the “Philosophy/Tao of Deception (詭道)” extremely skillfully and effectively. This means that nothing is what it appears to be. He reveals neither his strategy beforehand nor his strategic execution while a strategy is executed. The only people who really know are those who are actually involved in the execution of his strategy. Even then, they only know the part in which they are directly involved.

Virtually everyone looks at the surface appearances and criticizes him for this or that, not knowing or forgetting that Trump is strategically far smarter than they and that he has the intelligence/information which they do not and cannot have due to its classified nature. […]

Trump’s war is against the globalist elite cabal that has run the world for a long time. He has made no secret about his intention. What remains secret is his strategy. At his inaugural address, in front of the national and international audience he expressly declared a war against the Deep State with the corrupt DS dwellers sitting right behind him. At his first UN speech, he asserted (in effect) that the reign of the globalists was coming to an end. That required tremendous courage, valor, clarity, and confidence.

More: https://www.facebook.com/notes/yasuhiko-genku-kimura/trump-and-the-art-of-war/10157715288169856/

Trump and The Art of Happiness

The Living Philosophy of Donald J. Trump and its Historical Origin

“No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. —Donald J. Trump […]

President Trump is a happy warrior and he is, by his own account, a wartime president. In “Trump and The Art of War” I asserted that Trump was a strategic genius and a master of the art of war (兵法, literally “military strategic principles”). It requires another article to explicate what constitutes that genius. In this article, I will focus on the “happy” part of the happy warrior.

President Trump is indeed a happy man. For him happiness is the state of being, independent of any external condition or circumstance. For four plus years, in spite of all the nefarious attacks unceasingly directed at him from every possible direction, he has remained jovial, jocular, and jocund. He has been calumniated, maligned, aspersed, traduced, vilified, and harassed, relentlessly and mercilessly, via the media by his political enemies, of which there are legions around the world, and yet he has remained usually cheerful and good-humored.

Furthermore, astonishingly, undeterred by all the impediments and obstructions cast before him by his foes and adversaries within the U.S. government, he has consistently produced the results he promised, and led the American people on the revolutionary and evolutionary path of “Make America Great Again”.

What is his secret? In the United States of America where the pursuit of happiness is affirmed to be one of the God-given unalienable human rights, we can learn valuable lessons from our nation’s CEO in the Art of Happiness. What follows is my articulation and explication of Trump’s living philosophy (philosophy that he lives) which constitutes the substance of his Art of Happiness.

Before we can criticize or praise the man, we must first understand him. Much of the criticism directed at the president lacks this fundamental prerequisite. Therefore, this article can be titled “Understanding Donald J. Trump”, because understanding the philosophy which the person lives, not merely professes, is altogether vital to understanding him.

More: https://www.facebook.com/notes/yasuhiko-genku-kimura/trump-and-the-art-of-happiness/10157529606374856/

There’s an epilogue to the second essay which announces a third.

There are other aspects to President Trump’s Living Philosophy, most notably “common sense realism” and “pragmatism” (which the originator of pragmatism, Charles Sanders Peirce, called “critical common sensism”). In fact, the draft of this article contained a section on common sense realism and pragmatism. However, I omitted that entire section and decided to include it in my third entry to The Trump Trilogy, “Trump and the Remaking of America”, because common sense realism was the Living Philosophy of the Founders and Framers, upon the principles of which the United States of America was established and developed.

I’ll update this post when that comes out.

…Hey, very soon I’m going to be blogging, in part, about how I’ve easily lost over 4 kilograms the last couple of months here in rural Thailand. You can get a jump start by checking out The Energy Blueprint.

But, I’ll give you a hint: I eat Thai food, except when I make my occasional dish my loved Thai family and their friends say “very good” to, but don’t eat once tasted (that’s not to say they are taste wizards; not, but I ought not digress). The only fast food here in deep rural within hundreds of miles is a few KFC (and they fry in palm oil, not industrial machinery oil). Here’s my rule of thumb: half the rice, twice the protein.

a few recent meals at the homestead, where I now have a proper work station.⁠

#Thaifood #BaconIsThaiFoodToo

Again: The Energy Blueprint.

1. Tim Bey on July 19, 2020 at 11:39

Trump has always been a racist

• Richard Nikoley on July 19, 2020 at 19:20

“Trump has always been a racist”

Is that a compliment you’re issuing?

People use the term “racist” to mean different things. It can be argued that all races are ‘a little bit racist.’ meaning: they tend to prefer their own; likely, a manifestation of tribalism, fear of out-group others, fear of the unknown and unpredictable, fear of foreign cultural norms, etc. This can also be called separatism. Live and let live, but separately, to each their own. In large part, many all over the world operate this was on various levels (borders, language, culture).

Then, there is racial supremacy, which is the notion that one’s race is superior to all others or especially particular ones, and must be dominated, controlled, held down, even killed or exterminated in extreme cases. Few operate or act in this way and those who do are fringe, marginal, ineffectual. They don’t matter. Like flies don’t really matter in the Big Picture.

Mostly, I think people confuse “racism” for what I call Culturism.

• Resurgent on July 20, 2020 at 01:50

Here is a beautifully written essay by a highly educated, lifelong democrat, who is now thinking differently

• Bret on July 20, 2020 at 07:41

The word racist no longer has any meaning whatsoever, thanks to well over a decade of misuse, overuse, & hypocritical selective omission (Nick Cannon, anyone?) by the Democrats & their operatives in the media & university systems.

Ordinary Americans are completely desensitized to the word, and once we finish wresting control of corporations away from the globalists & fake news, it will no longer have any consequences whatsoever.

Trump never has been racist. He has done more to recover black Americans’ economic opportunity than any president in US history. But the silly little leftbots will never know it, since their “news” sources (really the IVs from the Matrix) are filling their heads with lies.

• Richard Nikoley on July 20, 2020 at 21:34

Bret,

If I had my way, we’d go back to the old days when every race, creed, culture and sub-culture had slurs to stereotype and demean.

Using them liberally preserves their meaning but also renders them powerless.

Bring it on. This Kraut Cracker approves. 😉

2. John on July 25, 2020 at 14:37

Richard, there are many, many days I have been in full agreement with your “America Is Toast” post, harshness and all. There is no doubt in my mind that a huge majority of America’s Governors and Mayors are absolutely the enemy of the people, and are guilty of treason. That goes double for every “Health Official” and the entire CDC.

Trump initially was calling out the COVID nonsense in mid-March, and then seemed to do a complete “Heel Turn” late in the month, seemingly endorsing the lockdowns and other nonsense (although, of note, all was done on the state and local level). On this issue, Trump strikes me as weak, confused, and incompetent, really the first time I’ve thought this about him in his Presidency, or really since knowing about him as a celebrity. Maybe this feeling is because I have been questioning “official” health advice for over a decade now (and more often than not, that official advice is either useless or worse).

And yet, knowing those thoughts……. Yasuhiko brings up excellent points. “Appear weak when you are strong” and “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake” are points I have to consider, some of the most famous Sun Tzu quotes. Maybe the weakness above is an act, to disguise his power and actions. Trump did appear to use this COVID BS to take control of the Federal Reserve. Jim Bianco basically said as much in his Bloomberg editorial-

Beyond that, there have been the riots and violent nihilism on display in many of America’s largest cities. This, I actually think Trump played masterfully, as it is largely democrat mayors and governors condoning this. Their mistake, not Trump’s, and he didn’t do much to interrupt it. Razorfist nailed it with his video on the CHAZ/CHOP-

The only problem in the meantime in the 50 million or so newly out of work, and the thousands of businesses destroyed, maybe gone forever. Economic wreckage, leveled against what were likely Trump’s greatest supporters. And with nonsensical, baseless mandates still coming non stop, even hope is in short supply.

Who knew you could destroy the world economy with The Common Cold?

Even with all that said, there are many, many things Trump can do with the power of the executive branch and a nationalized Fed that can rebuild that economic wreckage better than before, even using existing legislation. That continues to be my hope, but I find it hard to “Trust the Plan” when I don’t know what the plan is. Yet, even with the criticism, I still can’t fully give up on President Trump.

• Richard Nikoley on July 25, 2020 at 17:21

Yep, yep, yep, and yep, John.

“On this issue, Trump strikes me as weak, confused, and incompetent, really the first time I’ve thought this about him in his Presidency, or really since knowing about him as a celebrity.”

Yea, that’s what got me the most. I saw him as cornered for the first time, chalking it up to the fact it’s medical and viral “science,” supposedly, and to buck the “experts” on that is not like bucking “experts” in economics, fiscal policy, trade policy, national security, etc., which everyone knows is politicised.

But they don’t see “health” as politicised or corp-profit driven, at least not in the same way or to same extent.

So, perhaps Trump just did the best possible thing he could, politically speaking. His reelection simply has to happen.

• Bret on July 25, 2020 at 20:51

John:

“Maybe this feeling is because I have been questioning ‘official’ health advice for over a decade now (and more often than not, that official advice is either useless or worse).”

I think you nailed a major root cause for the pandemic retardation here (I mean that phrase in both possible senses). Most people are not red pilled on the Orwellian web of lies that comprises govt & industry health dogma, including medicine.

They’re living in this glass house of false security, where they can lazily turn to some credentialed goon to assign their opinions to them. Same for money/retirement, politics, & any other facet of life beyond simple arithmetic.

I completely agree on the frustration with not knowing Trump’s plan. This feels like uncharted territory, and I thought for sure he had been compromised, or checkmated, or both. Here is where Yasuhikos’ essay, Trump and The Art of War, which Richard shared in a previous post’s comment section, restored my faith & serenity.

Between yoking the Fed under his own authority & redirecting the medical/drug industry’s previously inefficient activities, I am convinced Trump is in control strategically. This is only speculation, but I predict he will foster/sign further small business relief in the short term, while limiting unemployment supplements (to put pressure on the governors trying to prolong the economic toilet bowl), and allow the manic Leftist Democrat riot-orgies to exhaust themselves, putting a final cherry on the evidence unmistakably indicting Democrat politicians to indies/swing voters just in time for the election.

As for supporting lockdowns & masks, tacitly/passively or otherwise, I think that is part of a broader strategy to discredit vote-by-mail as well as maintain credibility among the brainwashed citizens in the short term, until the proper time to have the right people reveal the unimaginably complex & deep-seated fraud that has infested every nook & cranny of the virus data, like an uncontrollable cancer.

Richard, I agree that Trump has to win. I must admit, I am less confident than I wish I was here, as the left has such an overwhelmingly lopsided arsenal of persuasion tools that are all working overtime to gaslight & further brainwash the hopelessly uninformed public. However, Yasuhiko’s supreme confidence on this matter is reassuring to me, for what that is worth. I am trying to see the unseen, as he says…but still being a novice on ferreting out quality info in an ocean of fake news, I struggle to keep up on a factual basis. Running largely on faith.