If you want.

If anyone is wondering where my Twitter presence went, they summarily bombed my account after 13 years and 7,000 followers; and as usual, completely erroneously. Another user didn’t like what I wrote, said if I do it again: “I’ll end you.”

I quoted it back, mocked him, and gave him my physical address. Of course, that makes me the one threatening violence.

That’s your Brave New World.

But I’m beyond giving a fuck, at this point. I just want to go forward and create things that bring value to people’s lives—in a sort of How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World vein.

Looks like Parler finally got their stuff back up and running after the coordinated attacks by Google and Apple to kill their app in their respective stores, and then Amazon—their service provider for all their servers—by simply hitting the off switch.

I wasn’t much interested in Paler until then.

And now I am. I’m confident I’m in good company, so come find me @FreeTheAnimaldotcom.

Funny how the opposite of intended consequences work.

1. mart on February 17, 2021 at 11:50

my browser can’t even find the parler home page. Is it working? At some point our betters in social media will just start banning ip addresses, and perhaps some isp’s will too, meaning you won’t even know that you or someone you follow has been cncelled

• Anonymous on February 17, 2021 at 16:49

don’t use google search. It is heavily censored and that’s probably why it’s not coming up for you. Either type in the exact address or use uncensored, private search engines that do not track your searches – use duckduckgo.com or startpage.com to search for anything. If you use startpage.com, you can browse websites anonymously through a proxy server, which is akin to stepping into a telephone booth so that the phone call (or web search in this case) is only traceable to that phone booth (proxy server) and not you. Know that some websites are set up that they will not allow you visit if you block their trackers. I’ve had it happen that I used Tor and couldn’t view a website that that I was able to view in Brave. It’s like how some people block private numbers from calling their phone – some websites block “private” browser visitors. They won’t be able to block someone if that person was continuously switching proxy servers when posting (therefore multiple IP addresses).

• Vicky on March 21, 2021 at 07:30

Hi Richard, it’s Vicky,I’m on Parker too, @Spinner22, I followed you. I mostly just echo stuff since I follow only the best people. Sorry about the FB ban, again, they’re asshats over there. I’m sure an alternative to them will be in the works soon.

2. Lute on February 17, 2021 at 19:34

I’ve got Parler, when when I go to the app, there’s nothing.

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2021 at 23:31

Still hit and miss. They got wiped out. Recovering.

3. Lynn Wright on February 18, 2021 at 09:47

I tried to get a Parler account just now, when I enter the fields and press Next, nothing happens… BTW, thanks for mentioning Harry Browne’s book. A blast from the past and a book I need to reread!

4. Ron Padot Jr on February 19, 2021 at 08:43

So where are those pics you said were coming? (half-joke) I’ve followed you a long time. I think I’m most impressed with your no quarter, scorched-earth tactics, on anyone – anyone – whom you feel is deserving. Your falling out with Dada awhile ago comes to mind, and now Alex and Brianna. It greatly surprises me when it happens but I greatly respect it. Anyway, you continue to entertain and challenge me. Thanks.

5. mart on February 19, 2021 at 13:54

parler seems to wprk now

6. Gerard on February 22, 2021 at 19:51

Any other “paleo” or “diet” names on Parler?

• Richard Nikoley on February 22, 2021 at 23:33

No idea. Most of the ones I have regular private banter with have pulled back from the whole thing.

Too embarrassing.

The very biggest thing to come out of it are brownies and bread.

7. edster on February 25, 2021 at 01:40

Twitter is so boring now that they’ve excommunicated all the interesting people. What’s left is a prison camp of white knights, hall monitors and pod people, and some confused people stumbling around with TDS.
    gab.com is more active now they’ve stood up enough servers, and minds.com looks promising but is very quiet.

8. WK Lee on May 7, 2021 at 18:54

Parler has gone offline for at least a day or 2 (5 to 6 May). Initially, I tried to Sign up but couldn’t due to a Captcha reboot bug, which Parler acknowledged, and now Parler cannot be accessed from any browsers at all. It’s unknown how long the site will remain inaccessible.