5. Richard’s posts are well-researched, and he does a great job of communicating the technical information to non-experts.
4. His writing style is enjoyable; sometimes it reminds me of reading Friedrich Nietzsche or Nassim Taleb (two of my favorite authors).
3. Richard’s take on current events is always unique and often unpredictable. He doesn’t tow any party lines or fit neatly into a certain ideological box.
2. Sometimes his posts challenge my worldview in uncomfortable ways. (If you don’t see that as a good thing, then this blog probably isn’t for you.)
1. He never publishes cheap and easy posts with lame titles like Top Ten This or Five Reasons That.