Available from Amazon for Kindle. It’ll set you back a whopping $6.95. A paperback version should be forthcoming.
Here’s What They’re SayingPopular low-carb blogger and podcaster, Jimmy Moore.
I have been a BIG FAN of the writings and work of paleo health blogger Richard Nikoley from the insanely-popular “Free The Animal” blog for several years and consider him a great friend and champion of what healthy living is really all about. His no-holds-barred style is in-your-face and unapologetic as he seeks to help others find the health and weight changes that have eluded them for years. […] With the highly-interactive e-book Free The Animal: Lose Weight & Fat With The paleo Diet, he is taking the best of everything he has personally learned through this journey and wrapping it up in a convenient package designed to arm virtually anyone who desires weight loss and vastly improved health to make it happen for themselves. There are so many clickable links to a treasure trove of information included in this e-book that you’ll spend months trying to go through them all!“Dr. BG,” a pharmacologist of the blog Animal Pharm.
Thank you so much for the review copy. Really enjoyed the premise that everyone deserves the opportunity or “God given right” to eat, live, play, etc. (have sex), well. It’s quite a ton of awesomeness. […] I like the conciseness and your frank, transparent reasonableness. Your fervor, passion and intellectuality shine through.Chris Highcock of the longstanding Conditioning Research.
So this book condenses years of his blog into 12 chapters, each with a different theme. With clarity, wit and passion Richard explains his journey, his discoveries in these areas forging a nice consistent body of knowledge, bound by simple principles. […] It exploits the new reality of ebooks – it is full of hyperlinks, to be read like a website. It is a book for “surfing” – it leads you to explore other ideas, to research more and see where these ideas come from.Tom Naughton, creator of the documentary film Fathead.
I enjoyed this book because it’s Richard Nikoley being Richard Nikoley: analytical, humorous, encouraging, provocative and — as you know if you read his Free the Animal blog — occasionally pissed off! […] Weaving together strands of evolutionary logic, findings from research, and personal experiences, Nikoley argues the case the book’s title suggests: the key to lasting weight loss and superior health is to stop following the advice peddled by the anti-fat hysterics and to eat like our paleo ancestors.And the book draws mention from Erwan Le Corre of MovNat, as well as Dr. Stephen Guyenet, PhD, of Whole Health Source. See all the reviews at Amazon. Here’s #12 from Nassim Nicholas Taleb, NYT best selling author of Fooled by Randomness and The Black Swan, both of which got me thinking more straight early on, and prefigured my move into Paleo.
A charming primer on the paleo idea, with an illustration through the authors own life. I read it in one sitting.
About the bookDrawing on evolutionary logic, scientific research, and my own personal experiences, I present a complete guide to losing weight and fat the natural way, as well as gaining health and fitness the natural, obvious way by obeying human animal nature. After many frustrating years of trying to lose weight by adhering to mainstream nutritional guidelines, I made a radical decision to throw the rules out. Instead of eating whole grains and lean meat, I ate what my animal body had always craved: animal fat, and lots of it—and the extra weight started falling away. In the first of my “Beyond the Blog” books, Free The Animal: How To Lose Weight & Fat On The paleo Diet, I share my tips for eating, fasting, and exercising as wild humans did for millenia. Find out how to embrace your primal cravings for nutritionally dense animal fats and fiber-rich plant sources. Learn to stop listening to the “experts” and start tuning into your body’s natural signals. My approach to the paleo lifestyle will help you lose fat, gain muscle, sleep better, enjoy better sex and unleash the energy of the animal inside you. Just a few of the things you’ll learn:
- How our ancestors lived, and how modern humans have evolved in unhealthy ways
- What is meant by “inner animal”—the animal inside all of us—especially as it relates to food
- Information on CSAs and other resources for grass-fed meat and eggs
- Why cardio exercise is the wrong approach to weight loss
- A guide to eating, exercising, and fasting the paleo way
- Includes common pitfalls for beginners
- How vitamin D is a key factor in paleo nutrition
Table of ContentsI. Introduction
- The Popularity of the “Primitive Diet”
- Eating Like Our Ancestors
- Modern Day Diets Are Health Hazards
- The Advent Of Agriculture
- It’s Time To Look Out For Your Own Best Interests
- What About Vegetarianism and Veganism?
- Fat As The ‘Good Guy’
- Saturated Fat Is Good For You!
- Challenging Mainstream Assumptions
- Myths About Cholesterol
- Listen To Your Body, Not The Numbers
- paleo Power: Preventing Allergies, Diabetes, & Cancer
- Going paleo can Improve Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- The Role Of Vitamin D: Are You A Fish Out Of Water?
- Activator X, AKA: Vitamin K2, Menatetrenone
- Enhance Your Sex Life Without Pills
- What I Mean By Real Food
- How To Cook paleo
- Intermittent Fasting & Debunking “Several Small Meals A Day”
- Fasting Changes Your Appetite: Where To Get Started
- Fasting For Cleansing: Autophagy
- The 1-Hour Per Week Workout Regimen
- Weight Loss Regimen With The paleo Plan
- Recipes to Complement The paleo Diet
- Some Classic “Lunch” Ideas
- Dinners and Making Enough for Leftovers
- paleo Diet Recommended Supplements
- paleo Diet Testimonials; Live Well
- Free The Animal