Ramadan Fasting Meets Fast Food and Gorging

The very clear value the rational west has obtained from the 7th Century Dirt Scratching Savages That Rape Every Single Woman in the Middle East—as a latecomer to religio-geopotitico by 700 years—is…fasting.

It’s true. There have been numbers of studies and various looks over recent years that served to substantiate what we already suspected. It’s probably good to go a day or two without food, every now and then. Ramadan fasting has been a valid and objective help in establishing that.

It’s now eight years I’ve been mentioning that the benefit to it comes from an evolutionary adaptation that uses these paucity episodes beneficially to cleanse at a cellular level. It’s called autophagy.

The modern problem is this:

You don’t even have to watch the whole thing. You’ll get the point soon enough. They gorge and eat junk food.

They gorge and eat junk food. Because they can. No commandment against it. What hasn’t been prescribed as legal is not to think about, but there are no guidelines. Classical, western liberalism is differentiated, in the sense that what has not been adversely proscribed is all fair game. This is the root of classically liberal freedom. We can always gorge on fast food. Ironic.

The point? They are 7th Century, Dirt-Scratching Savages. They only do this by command, not over some knowledge of physiology and biology, and even if the ancients had noted such health benefit to episodic fasting that was of convenience in the first place (lot’s of Jewish law corresponds similarly), it’s all been lost over centuries, in the wanton desire to keep women and girls down by raping them regularly.

How fucking stupid are Ramadan Fasting Muslims? They won’t drink water. That’s how fucking stupid are the Champions of The Latest Victims the Left Has to Stand Up For.

My advice? Fasting sometimes is a good thing. Try to go a whole day or even two, every now and then; if nothing else, to remind you what true hunger feels like, as apart from craving and desire. Drink lot’s of water, if for nothing else, to remind you of how fucktarded the entire Muslim world is, 700 years in arrears in religious development.

1. king of the one eyed people on June 23, 2016 at 01:14

I like Buddhists. Haven’t met one that I didn’t agree with. Many have mistaken me for one – which I am not.

2. EF on June 23, 2016 at 06:38

I’m on day 3 of a 5 day water only fast. It is amazing. Highly recommend that everyone look into it. There is tons of research out there. Benefits abound. I’ve been doing short 24 hour fasts for at least a year and I think that has really helped transitioning to the 5 day fast.

Angelo did a podcast on fasting and his 5 day fast some months ago. Everyone should go listen and learn.

3. pzo on June 27, 2016 at 18:15

Yeah, no water in hot as fuck tropical, dry summers. WTF was Mohammad thinking? (They do let the ill, pregnant women, etc. not adhere to the fast, as I understand it.)

If you, or your readers did not catch Mark Sisson’s recent blog about Stoicism, do so. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/7-ways-to-use-stoic-philosophy-to-improve-your-health-and-happiness/#axzz4CpeFQcGa

I bought the book that influenced him; I’m encouraged in that while I didn’t know it, this is where I’ve been headed for many years. Buddhism w/o religious bullshit. Atheism with structure.

I have a masters degree in theology. I’m a liberal. I’ve had a few Muslim friends. But I find Islam, overall, archaic, incompatible with Enlightenment principles, and just to be technical about it, too fucking weird. Mostly incompatible with Judeo/Christian cultures and social progress.

• Richard Nikoley on June 27, 2016 at 21:22

“Buddhism w/o religious bullshit. Atheism with structure.”

My best friend over decades, a former Navy O like myself, has a PHD in religion from one of the oldest colleges in the world. Something in Scotland.

About a decade ago, he began making distinctions for me in terms of Eastern conscious spiritual thought vs. Western literal religious thought.

I’m trying. Very difficult reconcilliation, and perhaps irreconcilable. But I give a try, even when nobody notices.

4. pzo on June 28, 2016 at 07:51

“Eastern conscious spiritual thought vs. Western literal religious thought.” Great quick summary. Didn’t you attend a religious college? I got a masters at age 50 in theology, seeking, seeking. Eventually concluded I’m an atheist, all that expensive education distilled down to the fact that atheism is the only religious option that doesn’t require cognitive dissonance. Yet, one can be, and should be, consciously spiritual.

Eastern religions have no appeal to me, but Buddhism’s lessons about attachment and pain parallel the teachings of the Stoics.

No god or goddess required.

• Richard Nikoley on June 28, 2016 at 08:24

Yep, fundamentalist, born-again, Baptist.

Did a year at Tennessee Temple U in Chattanooga and that was about enough for me. But it wasn’t until France in 1990, 10 years later that I dumped the cognitive dissonance for good.