“Alcoholic” is a meaningless, stigmatizing term serving moneyed interests
August 12, 2022|||Politics and Social
Short intro here, and the video is only 11 minutes.
- Alcoholic and alcoholism are abjectly bullshit terms that serve a nefarious purpose
- There's an objective, fundamental, helpful, measured and scaled way to describe adverse issues with alcohol consumption
- This requires zero clinical diagnoses, no doctors, armies of counselors and helpers, or anything else except your own choice
- Misuse of alcohol is not a fucking disease. Every damn sip is 100% choice. Problems are 100% your fault
- Clinical diagnosis is "required" to enable a whole industry of abject parasites
- You no more have a propensity to abuse your alcohol consumption than are you guilty of sins against God at birth
So those are the high points. Take it all in in 11 minutes.