Covid-19 Is Impeachment 3.0; BLM Riots, 4.0; Re-Lockdown, 5.0

The Russia Hoax was 1.0 and the Ukrainian Phone-Call Hoax, 2.0.

In early March I had a knee-jerk reaction as I witnessed the whole world going nuts over Covid-19—a global panic phenomenon—made possible by easy mass dissemination of child-like fear via “smart” phone to even the poorest, most ignorant, and most remote places on earth: like where I live in deep rural Thailand, 20 kilometers from anywhere (with 115 down and 60 up Internet for $20 per month). That, in-turn, combined with Social [manipulation] Media—which is driven by Neo-Media—liars: creators of narrative—who pass it off as “news” to ignorant people who don’t know the difference—created the political justification to Just Do Something.

As I’ve written previously in various channels many times, I never had a gram of fear of this thing, even though I flew to Thailand via a Chinese airline full of Chinese on January 14 and spent a half day of layovers in two Chinese airports, then did the final leg on another Chinese airline. And then, it so happened my apartment in Chiang Mai was in the heart of the Chinese tourist area with tens of thousands of them, still, just as fear was becoming unbridled. I didn’t even have any fear for my family. Not even my dad and mom, who are 82 and 79, but very healthy, avid and active travelers who eat well.

My mother sheds respiratory infections like a duck sheds back water.

The entire world has become exposed as primarily fear driven above all other motivations and western civilization seems impotent to assuage it after all accomplishment, and I suppose the modern manifestations of news media are as they are because of some, whose inner voices of conscience went silent long ago—so they can’t even hear it—fully understood that and integrated that understanding fully.

What a job. I’m not so sanguine, anymore. I long held faith—when not banking on empirical evidence, reason, logic, argument—that truth and the proportionality that ought to come with it would always rise to the surface, eventually. It seems to turn out that such a disposition is valid for only a tiny minority of people; and the rest go from something to be afraid of to the next thing to be afraid of—as though not being afraid of something is boring, or something to fear, in itself.

We are living in an age of mass global fear unlike all others, even trumping world wars: we have the least of reasons to be fearful of any humans who ever lived. You’re afraid to send your kids to school? Try sending your teenage boys off to fight Krauts and Japs. What exactly are you afraid of?

How about a baby Monocled Cobra out your back porch; the scene here, this morning? We killed it. One of my Thai workers said, “It can kill you; big head,” and he showed me a mangled finger joint where he was bitten by a baby one as a child.

And people all over the globe wear masks in abject fear of what they cannot see.

…I don’t do conspiracies. Never have. I’ve laughed at them all, you name it. Even the Pearl Harbor one. Euphemism is how people communicate, now. Communication used to be by skilled, thoughtful use of language, crafted further by metaphor. “I follow the science” is now euphemism for ‘I’m a sucker for the popular narrative, propped up by credentialed authorities in the pay of the creators of narrative.’ Here’s another: “conspiracy” is euphemism for ‘any ideas, no matter how well integrated, that go against the popular narrative.”

I don’t do conspiracies primarily because Occam’s Razor. Beyond that, conspiracies are quintessential secrets too big to keep.

You don’t need conspiracies. You have fear and panic on your side if you’re the sort of unconscious humanoid who would exploit that. But, basically, this is all just values in play, combined with trade. No conspiracy needed.

…I like this video because it doesn’t smell of conspiracies and dark rooms with single malt scotch, cigars, and women sporting garter belts doing the extra entertaining.

It’s only 10 minutes and I could have just popped it off as a share, but it’s tightly integrated enough, low on my conspiracy threshold, and succinct about exactly why I have called this Impeachment 3.0, 4.0, and now, 5.0.

On the money

…Hey, very soon I’m going to be blogging, in part, about how I’ve easily lost over 4 kilograms the last couple of months here in rural Thailand. You can get a jump start by checking out The Energy Blueprint.

But, I’ll give you a hint: I eat Thai food, except when I make my occasional dish my loved Thai family and their friends say “very good” to, but don’t eat once tasted (that’s not to say they are taste wizards; not, but I ought not digress). The only fast food here in deep rural within hundreds of miles is a few KFC (and they fry in palm oil, not industrial machinery oil). Here’s my rule of thumb: half the rice, twice the protein.

Again: The Energy Blueprint.

1. Resurgent on July 18, 2020 at 11:01

Glad to hear from you in a long time on the blog..!
    You are spot on about this scamdemic.
    But something also tells me, that despite all the fearmongering, a large silent majority is also become aware of this. I smell a revolution in the air, growing slowly but steadily.
    The next decade will see pitchforks and torches and lamp posts put to good use.
    We live in interesting times..!!
    Good luck and I hope you will write this blog more often.

• Richard Nikoley on July 19, 2020 at 00:44

I’ve been saying recently that the real problem in America and indeed, the world, is that there isn’t NEARLY ENOUGH KILLING going on. Of the right sort, of course. Righteous bloodlust, glorious sort of killing.

(The pic is of my workstation here in Ban Laem Thong AKA sticks & boonies.)

• Andrew S on July 19, 2020 at 16:43

Great rule for staying lean and energetic on Thai food: “half the rice, twice the protein”. Rural Thais seem not to have fallen for the covid con, whether that’s through less engagement on the soc meds or a healthy scepticism for things that don’t present in their daily reality is moot. Maybe this revelation of the fragility of cities to fear and paranoia and the relative resilience of the countryside will lead to much needed regional increases in prosperity?

• Durianrider on July 21, 2020 at 15:52

Half the rice twice the protein is what all the fat people in Bangkok eat lol.

The slimmest men and women eat the most carbs Ana least fat and protein. Just go visit Issan part of Thailand. The hottest chicks in Thailand from there. Trust me I know. The live on white rice, sprite and fruit.

• Richard Nikoley on July 21, 2020 at 22:02

Trust you, you know. Just shut the fuck up.

Who the fuck do you thinks lives in Isaan, 20 klicks south of Khukhan, near the village of Lalom, just finished his house, and his 27 yo GF is Isaan?

They eat plenty of protein, not huge rice. Pork, beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, pork sausages and meatballs. Insects and frogs…which they catch by the bucket full at night during monsoon rains and either grill or boil live and whole.

As usual, you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about and are an insufferable wanker.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 04:55

Guide to Isan Food, the most popular:

5 of 7 are meat based. I’ve had them all and the papaya salad is a daily staple (but not vegan). Spicy hot as fuck. I joke that I’ve yet to taste or see ripe papaya in Isan because they all get eaten green. The sticky rice is ubiquitous. Quite convenient to eat, as it’s served up in a plastic pouch, so especially while driving. Grilled chicken and sticky rice or the BBQ pork on a stick w sticky rice hits the spot.

Image is lunch yesterday. Grilled chicken by “mom” and cabbage & tuna salad by Noon, Yui’s (my GF) girlfriend.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 04:58

Here’s the “homestead” I’ve built in Ban Laem Thong in Si Saket province (about 50 clicks from Cambodia to the south) beginning in mid-march. Image.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 05:10

Here’s a pork & pork meatball soup from just down the street, house with a kitchen out front. Two ladies, for years. Place hoppin at lunch every day, especially takeout for local workers on jobsite. They make only 1 dish, this. Only option is egg noodles or rice noodles (egg/wheat for me). The normal portion is 20 baht (63 cents US) but for me, they make a farang special which is 3 times the meat and meat balls. 50 baht ($1.60).

In fact, in all the months here, I have NEVER seen a Thai person where I lived in Chiang Mai, nor here, including all the villagers I know quite well, that does not include animal protein in every single meal. Not a single meal by a single Thai person. My GF says she’s never know anyone who eats vegetarian. Closest ws someone who ate only fish for animal protein.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 05:11

Here’s a home-made chicken & noodle soup (with the bones), pus quail eggs.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 05:27

Last one. Lunch today at essentially the only real restaurant within 10 KM. Guy and his wife lived in Oz 2 years and he ended up being a cook.

Couldn’t decide on the pork steak or chicken steak, so had both. Of course, this is not actual Thai food in the composition with french fries, but they grill lots of pork and chicken. Oh, and pork belly. LOTS. They cube it up, wok fry it low, long time. Excellent but one thing I limit because fat (I also use zero added fat ever).

Lots of fruit, though not insane amounts like you. What grows on the property is jack fruit, mangoes, dragon fruit, papayas (which get eaten green). We buy durian, rambutan, pineapple, mangosteen, longan. I make longan smoothies for the kids.

Ate lots of lychee in Chiang Mai but they don’t grow here, so relatively expensive.

• Richard Nikoley on July 22, 2020 at 05:42

Ha, how can I resist another one to school your dumb ass?

Literally as I’m typing the last comment to you, Yui walks in and puts a bowl on my desk. “Thai noodle.”

It’s a corn noodle (nice, sweet), tasty broth, morning glory (I love love love…always crunchy stems), SLIGHT basil (this is a frequent complaint….they WAY over basil stuff often), a modest 3 pork ribs, on the bone, and egg drop.

Update: Oops. 4 pork ribs. Of course, they’re only an inch long each. I got 2 kilo today at the market. Slow cooking Sauerkraut & pork ribs tomorrow. Got some canned, plus caraway seeds from Lazada. We’ll see. Long shot. Isan people eat Thai food and have a palette for almost nothing else. The only fast food chain ANYWHERE in this region is a KFC 20 KM away. I think I saw a Pizza Hut in Surin about 80 KM away, the other day.

2. Bret on July 18, 2020 at 12:12

Spot on as usual, Richard. I wish there were more grounds for optimism, but the mental retardation required to behave like a submissive, infantilized slave — while frightfully possessing drivers licenses & voting rights — does indeed appear to be, pardon the term, pandemic.

I have only two little shreds of hope. One is the record number of gun sales in the US. Not jumping for joy, bc people only think of these things as regards hunting food & repelling petty miscreants, rather than the actual criminals they should be worried about…the ones that appear on ballots or have lifetime appointments. But at least this is some indication of independent mindedness.

The second is the silent majority. I think there is some chance we have a sufficient stock of citizens who know the truth (enough of it, anyway), stay silent to avoid risking their corporate jobs or garnering attention from vandals/thugs, & will vote appropriately this Nov. But it still feels like a long shot.

Even if that is the case, what then? We turn to a bunch of RINOs to implement global Commie Lite, as you used to say? About the only state-or-above level politician I have any respect for at this moment is Georgia Gov Kemp, not only declining to mandate masks, but barring his cities/counties from doing so, infuriating the Democrats in these positions. Give that man a gold star.

But he is an outlier. By far most Repugs are the McConnell/McCain/Graham/Christie-esque pieces of shit, enthusiastically complicit with the deep state & merely riding the Trump train while they can profit off of it. Trump himself isn’t turning out so hot. Swamp isn’t any less swampy after 3 1/2 yrs. The coup operatives that committed treason to oust him, such as Schiff & Comey, have not suffered a single flick of the ear legally, and Vindman, an active fucking duty officer, never seems to have been so much as reprimanded. Trump looks pretty limp dick to me.

So here we are, marching towards one monopolistic global cartel of force, money, & information. The final solution for the greedy, callous elites, who know no distinction between business & government. This was predicted in religious texts such as the Bible. Those ancient scholarly Jews knew a lot more than we’ve given them credit for, before their descendant clergies became spoiled by wealth & success. Either way, this outcome now seems perfectly natural, inevitable.

I am becoming so nihilistic about the future that it is actually enabling me to enjoy the present more. Nature, food, exercise, skills. The rampant insanity is desensitizing me, & I think I am soaking life in more, knowing that I’m a fairly rare specimen with a functioning frontal lobe amid a sea of zero-IQ animals.

I’ll make the most of my next few decades, and pay less attention to the shit chucking apes around me. Maybe we can even pull off a Francisco D’Anconia on them. I can dream, can’t I?

• Mark on July 18, 2020 at 14:30

Wow. Can we be friends? 😉

Awesome post and so true.

Also looking forward to your diet exploits. I’ve been experiment with addition of some rice and find it nice. But also think your idea of 2x protein and .5rice is a great rule of thumb.

• Richard Nikoley on July 19, 2020 at 00:59

Hey Bret,

Your last part reminded me of myself. I was all gung ho on this digital nomad thing, travelling the world in perpetuity in a 60L backpack. Well, Covid squashed that, so I end up here in rural Thailand, just finishing up building a house…well, taking it from about 400 sf (2 bedrooms and a bathroom) to about 1,400 sf, 4 BR, 2 bath, sitting room, huge kitchen. For the GF, her mom, 2 daughters 11 and 10, her sis, hubby, and 5 yo boy.

And I’m having the time of my life playing dad / uncle.

See the photo in m reply to Resurgent, above. That’s our bedroom and my workspace.

So this is my backup plan, where I don’t even give a shit what happens to America. Thailand idiots killed off 1/5 of the entire GDP, which is the tourism industry. It will take years to recover, if it does, but you know what? That doesn’t affect rural here in the slightest bit. Life is vibrant, here and the rest of the world can go to hell in a handbasket and I won’t have to give a fuck about it and I’ll just enjoy life. The one snag is access to funds should shit really hit fans, but working on that as well, at least for sustenance. But, you can eat excellent for $3/ day here. Adequate protein even.

• Richard Nikoley on July 19, 2020 at 01:10

Oh, hey, Bret, on Trump. I was way down on him as well, basically for allowing himself to get cornered with this Coronascam. I’ve know Yasuhiko for a long time. Here’s a couple essays on Trump for your consideration.

“Trump and the Art of War”

“Trump and the Art of Happiness”

• Bret on July 19, 2020 at 07:13

Man, I had forgotten about Yasuhiko. Dude is mind blowing.

The Art of War post largely restored my faith in the Trumpster. I’ve been watching way too much Twitter FUD lately, and it is hard not to get swept away into impatience & superficial distractions.

If Trump pulls off reelection & topples the Federal Reserve, I am going to set up a fucking shrine to the guy in my home.

Great stuff. The video too.

• Bret on July 19, 2020 at 08:48

Last thing and then I’ll shut up a while.

I also have to heap praise on SD Governor Kristi Noem. Hot chick with solid values, running a state with minus 30 winters at top notch.

“South Dakota closed the 2020 budget year with a $19 million surplus. Despite challenges with #COVID19, we remain in a strong financial position.

“South Dakota’s future remains bright because we kept our state open for business and we live within our means.”

3. Hugh on July 19, 2020 at 19:01

Looking forward to hearing more about Energenesis. I just got back into supplementation/nootropics last month and have been using the nootropics subreddit as a launchpad for investigation. This is the most interesting topic going right now – COVID, BLM, & Trump can go suck a dick ;). ALCAR & NAC, both included in Energensis, are two of the most well regarded substances in that subreddit in terms of both efficacy & safety.

After a 4 year hiatus I got back on modafinil just this week & the instant interpersonal effects are something to behold. My sons treat me with more respect in a way that is like flipping a light switch – a low energy state is obviously fundamentally unattractive. That said by default I have neurochemistry that falls squarely under the ADHD umbrella, so I think the effects are more clear cut than “neurotypicals” should expect. And by most reports no nootropic, including the “afinils”, touch the pharmaceuticals like Adderall/Ritalin for the ADHD hard cases.

I’ve never been depressed but it’s also heartening to see the advances being made in treatment resistant depression using various psychotropics that have long been labeled as recreational drugs (DXM, ketamine, and the other usual suspects).